Menu

Prime Day Oct 2023

TechWife

11" soft body baby doll with pacifier, $10.99

If you're looking for a cuddly baby doll that will actually fit in an Operation Christmas Child box, this is it. 🙂 Comes in four skin tones and is very cute.

Not a Prime Day Deal, but these outfits fit the doll.

Disclaimer: Not a fan of Samaritan's Purse in general, but DD likes to fill a box and I think this is a worthwhile program.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Toys & Crafts

Elmer’s Squishies set of 4  $13.96

105 Piece Kitchen Set $24.99

DIY 52 piece Slime Kit $12.96 lightening deal

ETA

DIY flower craft kit $7.99 

60 pieces rainbow scratch paper w/ stencils $9.59  lightening deal 

LCD Doodle Board  $14.98 checking 30% off coupon brings it to $10.48

Edited by TechWife
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

If anyone has thought of getting an Aerogarden, now is the time. I'm only looking for seed pods but noticed that the Aerogardens are at an amazing 70% off -- $49 instead of $164,

I will now be stewing all day about whether or not to get this ....  Thanks, I guess???

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, GailV said:

I will now be stewing all day about whether or not to get this ....  Thanks, I guess???

Same lol. I’ve always kind of been interested but never bought one. Now with that price and winter upon us, it’s looking awfully tempting. 

Anyone want to chime in on if they like their aerogarden?? And think it’s worth the space and effort? I’d want to grow lettuce specifically, if that’s useful info. 

• Like 3

I have 3 Aerogardens. I love them.

I have a grandson that loves to help set them up and maintain them for me. They are incredibly easy to set up and maintain.

I start seeds in the spring in them for our outside garden, but grow lettuce all winter in them. My grandson will sit and eat a bowl of plain lettuce only because he grew it himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Mark ordered batteries. They were a good buy. He divides them by the number of adult kids we make up stockings for, and then gives them a baggie of them that says, "Amazon Batteries, gift not included". They absolutely love it. He bought AAA, AA, and C cell. Now I have to think about what else is going in their stockings. The grandkids are easy, the adults not so much. But I am sure hot cocoa packets and candy will be involved! 😂

• Like 4

I’ve bought stuff from everywhere except Amazon, although I did some looking.

Etsy has a $10 off everything deal.  I bought some Christmas stuff I had been looking at.

ThreadUp has a up 60% off sale going on and this morning they added free shipping to the deal.  I bought a “.new to me” dress and skirt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GailV said:

Is the deal for the Vitamix 5200 at $299.99 a good deal? Or is this a price that shows up regularly?

Vitamix 5200 Blender

Yes that's a really good deal on an excellent model. The 5200 is their basic "pro level" workhorse, with a strong motor and no bells and whistles (which I prefer — you really don't need a lot of presets and electronics). A note about the tall 64 oz container: some people don't like it because it doesn't fit under most cabinets, but the shorter/squatter containers that do fit are not as good for blending because they don't get the same "vortex" going.

My first Vitamix was a 5000, which is currently in DS's college apartment being used daily for massive smoothies containing lots of rock-hard frozen fruit and tough seeds (like flax), and it's still going strong after nearly 20 years. The only real difference between the 5000 and the 5200 is that the 5200 has a nicer, redesigned container and it supposedly has a quieter motor than either the 5000 or the cheaper E310 (which is the model that Costco mostly sells).

• Like 1

Kitchen Aid Mini Stand Mixers - multiple colors $259.99 These are smaller than the regular stand mixer but come with the same attachments. It looks like a smaller footprint & smaller bowl (3.5 quarts).

Outdoor String Patio Lights LED - $67.99 - this is approx. what I paid at Lowe's early in the summer. One string went around 3 sides of our sunroom. It's 150 feet w/75 bulbs.

Barbie Ballerina Doll $4.19

• Like 2