Menu

Spring flowers photos thread

Arcadia

• Arcadia changed the title to Spring flowers photos thread (though it is not Spring yet)

I don’t have any great pictures but the daffodils here have been blooming for a week already. It’s so early!  Some flowering trees are showing off too, I think it’s a type of magnolia I’ve observed, but I’m not certain. Usually the redbuds are first. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I don’t have any great pictures but the daffodils here have been blooming for a week already. It’s so early!  Some flowering trees are showing off too, I think it’s a type of magnolia I’ve observed, but I’m not certain. Usually the redbuds are first. 

Maybe Japanese magnolias (also called saucer magnolias)? I don't have a picture, but we have a small one that has bloomed out. I would say I'd try to post a picture tomorrow, but while we were eating dinner I saw that the squirrels are doing Tarzan imitations on it and I'm not sure there are going to be any blooms left by tomorrow (sigh).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Aww, thank you for doing this thread! I don’t have any photos to share just yet. Over the weekend, there were some very beautiful daffodils at the college campus where I went with Ds, however, the weather was rather terrible and I did not take any pictures. It was too much just to keep my umbrella over my head and try to get out of the cold rain and sleet as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Me too, even though it horrifies my California family. lol

Are you sugaring this year?

Yes, just started.  We could have tapped in January but just didn't, it didn't feel right though that will probably be the norm going forward.  I'll have enough to cook the first run by this weekend.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2023 at 2:49 PM, Lady Florida. said:

20230206_101822.jpg

20230206_101744.jpg

20230304_144928.jpg

20230304_145113.jpg

These flowers and that sunshine might be used as a "relocate here!"ad for FL!  (Though really, does FL need any help in this arena? 😂). That's saying something--I live in AL.  🤣

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Arcadia said:

My neighborhood area

3CBDC080-C446-469F-B7AD-CE157FC70209.thumb.jpeg.30a069d29db60e2998b544701c8e5a35.jpeg

Beautiful! Mine bloomed last summer but I can't find any good photos of it. These are the only ones for some reason, shortly before full bloom. They're nowhere near as lovely as those. 

signal-2022-07-04-09-43-47-325.jpg

signal-2022-07-04-09-43-47-325-1.jpg

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 5

• Arcadia changed the title to Spring flowers photos thread
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Near the infusion center I went to. No idea what type of flowers they are

IMG_2710.jpeg.cfd6f1fff3b500bea7f2661ec6accdf4.jpeg
IMG_2711.jpeg.0eb50c2faa0e1de863ceaa1e63bd9994.jpeg

ETA: 

Google search guessing is top is Starsister® Scarlet Yellow Dwarf Dahlia and bottom is Papaver orientale (Oriental Poppy) 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2