Menu

Vague Christmas participation post - Bumping - Last Call

Ginevra

If you have, in the past, participated in the Christmas thing I usually organize and would like to participate again this year, send me a PM.

If you haven't participated in the past, but you always wanted to and would like to participate this year, send me a PM. 

If participation is roughly the same as previous years, we will not require additional participants, so it seemed better not to advertise something if there are no slots available anyway. 

Edited by Quill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Quill said:

If you have, in the past, participated in the Christmas thing I usually organize and would like to participate again this year, send me a PM.

If you haven't participated in the past, but you always wanted to and would like to participate this year, send me a PM. 

If participation is roughly the same as previous years, we will not require additional participants, so it seemed better not to advertise something if there are no slots available anyway. 

I would love to participate again! Sending a PM. Thank you for taking the time to coordinate it! 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

Hey @Quill. This is corbster98 (Allison). My old log in is not working for some reason and a reset password sent to my email account never came through so I  just created this new acct. Can you please PM me as I would love to participate again! I can't send a PM as a newly registered user. 

I am in Alaska (address has changed though now that husband has retired and we purchased our home off post). Just so you know it is actually me:)

• Thanks 1

@allySW and @Mrs Tiggywinkle Again and @ anyone else who has two accounts because of password or email issues. 

We can totally merge the accounts.  You need to send an email to support@welltrainedmind.com, and let me know what account and email address you want to KEEP.  

A bit of backstory: Some people have experienced difficulties because we had to make changes to the system to keep member's information safer from hackers.  Thanks to people who can't mind their own business, you have to sign in using your email name, not your User ID.  

Anyway, send me the two account names (email names help) and tell me which one you want to keep and I can merge the two.  I'll probably create a new password which you can change once you are in, as it might save some back-and-forthing.  

6 minutes ago, Helpdesk said:

@allySW and @Mrs Tiggywinkle Again and @ anyone else who has two accounts because of password or email issues. 

We can totally merge the accounts.  You need to send an email to support@welltrainedmind.com, and let me know what account and email address you want to KEEP.  

A bit of backstory: Some people have experienced difficulties because we had to make changes to the system to keep member's information safer from hackers.  Thanks to people who can't mind their own business, you have to sign in using your email name, not your User ID.  

Anyway, send me the two account names (email names help) and tell me which one you want to keep and I can merge the two.  I'll probably create a new password which you can change once you are in, as it might save some back-and-forthing.  

Thank you! Sending email now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

@Mrs Tiggywinkle AgainI can merge your accounts and reset your password for you.  It's better than having two accounts.  :0)

That sounds great. What I was thinking when I used a college email, I don’t know. 😂 I erased the cookies on my phone and now I can’t remember my password.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Quill said:

Tagging a couple people here who have participated in the past: @Garga@TravelingChris@gardenmom5@WildflowerMom@Anne@school17777

Some others have either changed names or are otherwise untaggable. 

I was just coming on to respond - apparent, my phone didn't want to link.   It's been a week.   I'm in  - sending you a pm.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Corbster98 said:

I am with Mrs Tiggywinkle… Christmas in July would be fun! I am game for that 

I think your card came back because you’d moved, but my youngest stole my card box last November of all my nicely written Christmas cards and so I rewrote them last Christmas.  And then I found them in July so I went ahead and mailed them.

Because who doesn’t like some Christmas cheer in July.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I think your card came back because you’d moved, but my youngest stole my card box last November of all my nicely written Christmas cards and so I rewrote them last Christmas.  And then I found them in July so I went ahead and mailed them.

Agree with you completely on some cheer in July. Actually it is always so nice to receive mail. It’s a dying form of art. I used to hand write my mother and both of my grandmothers regularly but lost all three in the last few years. I do send my sons letters and cards still as well as participate in Letters against Isolation. I miss receiving mail though. 

I had a mail forward on my address so that’s strange. I am sorry the card was returned to you . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I loved it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I really miss mail too.  I was thinking the other day how I haven’t gotten a birthday card in the mail in 25 years since one of my grandmothers died.

Maybe if ya’ll send me your birthday too this year I’ll send happy birthday cards. The world could use more cheer.

When is your birthday? I will mail you a card 🙂 

• Like 1

That actually gives me an idea: 

If anybody wants to include their birthday or any other special day in the year, I can put that on the final list. It will be up to each individual if they want to send a card or letter at another time in the year. It is really nice to get cards or letters in the mail and I miss it too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corbster98 said:

When is your birthday? I will mail you a card 🙂 

October 27. Coming soon lol. 

@Quill, I’d love to be able to send birthday cards and I think that’s a great idea.  My kids also love seeing all the Christmas cards, except they think you’re all my imaginary friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Quill said:

That actually gives me an idea: 

If anybody wants to include their birthday or any other special day in the year, I can put that on the final list. It will be up to each individual if they want to send a card or letter at another time in the year. It is really nice to get cards or letters in the mail and I miss it too. 

My issue with mail is that I really like all the cute stamps that the post office has. There are some Charlie Brown ones coming out, but I still have my Star Wars Droid stamps and my Elvis stamps. My husband says, “Stop buying stamps!” because we never use them.

I’d love to have a reason to use up these stamps, so that I can buy more when a new series comes out. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2