Menu

Anyone want to join me in Tahiti?

fairfarmhand

My children are conspiring to drive me out of my mind and I want to run away. Does anyone want to join me? 

the girls are “should ing” me. 
“mom, should buy this!” 
“you should make ds do that!”

my son has had some wonderful days where I forgot that he is 14. Today is not one of those days. When he slid behind the sofa upside down with his feet kicking in the air looking for a marker that he’d dropped back there and started screaming, I just went to the car are waited for my dd17 to come out so I could take her to work. 

today is dd17 s birthday and she chose a very complicated recipe which I prepared for her, but it’s still not done at it’s almost 7. 

our extra car isn’t working. This was the one my dd20 was driving because she hit a deer in her car and nobody can get a windshield for her right now. So out of our collective 5 cars, only 2 of them are reliably working. That’s a problem when you have 3 people who need to get places.

so…Tahiti? Anyone?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Can we stay in a string of those little huts over the water?  If so, I'm in. 

Sure!

1 hour ago, Carrie12345 said:

Can we teleport? I don’t have the energy for the actual, physical travel headache situation. 

1 hour ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I’m in, just need to renew my passport! 

If we teleport do we need passports?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm totally in.  60 mph winds have kept the toddler and dogs cooped up and driving me insane.  Ending with the toddler helping me put away books by throwing the board book hitting me squarely in the temple.  Until Tahiti I'm sitting drinking white wine and ignoring my family completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I’m a little late for the party, but I hope there’s still room for me on the plane! 

Not a plane, a teleportation device. Like a party bus, but . . .teleports 😄

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8d7b76f7238bed7ad193182fc52fb5a5.jpeghere are our accomodations. What’s on the itinerary for tomorrow? I mean after I sleep till at least 10:30.

Good book, massage, chocolate. Not necessarily in that order. 

• Haha 1

I could totally go for it. Our Dd was in a car accident this morning, very thankfully a minor one and no one is hurt but their other car was already in the shop for repairs so we have been working long distance to help them arrange temporary transportation, my sister had a major hiccup at the airport getting out of Paris, so my airport run to DTW that was supposed to be a reasonable pick up time, is now an 11 pm pick up which means getting back home at 1 am, and ds the college senior called to say he desperately needs a specific electronic part which Mark does have to be sent next day air to him because none of his professors - WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE THESE COMPONENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE - has one and the project is due Friday!

So I hate today. I am willing to trash the day, and I would happily join WTM'ers in any tropical, far flung corner of the earth except of course I CAN'T because I have too be the one to hold everything together. Always the glue. Getting tired of being glue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I CAN'T because I have too be the one to hold everything together. Always the glue. Getting tired of being glue.

THIS IS SO TRUE! Totally how I feel. 

I'm the one who scrambles when a car breaks down, I'm the one who adjusts to every crappy thing that happens while everyone else goes on their merry way. And I'm just so tired of that.

(I realize I'm whining.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

ds the college senior called to say he desperately needs a specific electronic part which Mark does have to be sent next day air to him because none of his professors - WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE THESE COMPONENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE - has one and the project is due Friday!

We're dealing with this also. So.dang.frustrating. Thankfully we're in a neighborhood of engineers so we can all borrow a bit from one another for work or university if we don't have it in our home labs. Nevertheless, my table is a sea of thingamabobs right now as we're trying to sort things out. 

• Like 1