Menu

Never have I ever

DawnM

6 hours ago, MissLemon said:

Never have I ever watched the Miss America pageant on tv. Every woman in my family is gaga for it and I just don't see the appeal. 

Neither have I, though I have seen little bits of it when something noteworthy happened. Like that time Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner. 

But your post made me remember another never ever… I have never watched an award show. Grammys, Emmys, Music awards, etc. I have seen little bits, again, if it was on the news or something, but I always thought that was insanely boring and I have never watched one. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Can I get a ChickFilA half unsweet tea half diet lemonade with as much extra nugget ice as possible?  Is that too picky?  I'm also really happy with some nice iced water. 

I am always hot, and so any hot beverage does not appeal to me.  

ETA:  Never have I ever reflected on how weird my dislike of hot drinks is, when my favorite food is soup.  Until now.  

I have no explanation.

Good gravy, just grab yourself a drink and sit and enjoy.....that is too much for me to get ready for you.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DawnM said:

What?  Never?   Are you allergic?  I am trying to imagine a world where you can live without ever being served seafood.

No, not allergic, but vegetarian since age 15, and come from a poor midwest family so never had seafood before then!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, popmom said:

@Baseballandhockey I’m with you on the beverages. 

I’d love to know how so many of y’all have managed to escape mowing lawns. 🤣 Y’all live in the desert SW maybe?

For me, when I was growing up, that was not ever “a girl’s job”. Only my dad was ever allowed to mow, except when my only brother was old enough maybe but I had moved out by then. Then, I lived in a townhouse and my roommate always mowed, though there was a tiny patch of grass you could practically cut with scissors. Then I married someone with a big Kabota zero-turn tractor and so my mowing never came up. My husband never vacuums and I never mow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quill said:

For me, when I was growing up, that was not ever “a girl’s job”. Only my dad was ever allowed to mow, except when my only brother was old enough maybe but I had moved out by then. Then, I lived in a townhouse and my roommate always mowed, though there was a tiny patch of grass you could practically cut with scissors. Then I married someone with a big Kabota zero-turn tractor and so my mowing never came up. My husband never vacuums and I never mow

Younger ds insists these are the same chore, just indoor and outdoor versions, and abhors both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, popmom said:

@Baseballandhockey I’m with you on the beverages. 

I’d love to know how so many of y’all have managed to escape mowing lawns. 🤣 Y’all live in the desert SW maybe?

I'm severely allergic to grass - and freshly mown grass sends my asthma spiraling (once as an adult, I ended up in the elementary school nurse's office when I tried to pick up my kid and mowing was happening - I started having an asthma attack and the preschool teacher dragged me to the nurse lol).

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 11:38 PM, Starr said:

Don't be too sad. We have a great Christmas. But something isn't done, a present not sent out to relatives, or cards not sent, present purchased instead of made, something.

So, I just went to the See's candy site and guess what I found?

All $80 in candy I thought I ordered 2 weeks ago to be delivered to MIL.

OOPS!

• Haha 5

On 12/28/2021 at 2:59 AM, Quill said:

For me, when I was growing up, that was not ever “a girl’s job”. Only my dad was ever allowed to mow, except when my only brother was old enough maybe but I had moved out by then. Then, I lived in a townhouse and my roommate always mowed, though there was a tiny patch of grass you could practically cut with scissors. Then I married someone with a big Kabota zero-turn tractor and so my mowing never came up. My husband never vacuums and I never mow. 

Growing up in the Midwest, mowing was the best way to make good money. It paid far better than babysitting or delivering papers, although I also did those jobs. My brother and I both had lots of mowing jobs and would cover for each other when needed due to sports or other commitments. One summer, my family even took on the job of mowing the church cemetery for extra cash. While the riding lawnmowers were fun, the time needed to really do a good job with all of the mowing and trimming made my perfectionistic  dad and realize it was not worth the $.

While I occasionally mow our relatively small lawn, I should probably actually due it regularly, as it aggravates my husband’s asthma.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 5:15 AM, scholastica said:

Younger ds insists these are the same chore, just indoor and outdoor versions, and abhors both.

When my son was young, we lived in university married family housing. He was fascinated by the riding lawnmower that came to our complex, especially when one of our neighbors whom he knew got the job driving it. He would take his little lawn chair outside and watch for the whole time every week. Someone gifted him a toy shopping cart, but mainly he would turn it upside down and pretend to mow. He did those so much that he wore one edge of the cart way down. Now the toy shopping cart hangs on a basement wall in our house and holds ping pong supplies.

Interestingly, by the time he was old enough to mow our lawn with a push mower, he had zero interest. He always far preferred indoor chores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, JessieC said:

No, not allergic, but vegetarian since age 15, and come from a poor midwest family so never had seafood before then!

Not even a McDonald’s fish sandwich?!? Those were a special treat growing up in the Midwest. As was Friday night all you can eat fish dinners during Lent.

It was never served at school? I’m also from the Midwest and year round we had fish on Fridays at public school. It was a very Catholic area though. And there were never any other lunch options and no one ever brought lunch because our elementary school food was primarily homemade and amazing.

• Like 3

Never have I ever drank a soda/pop /soft drink. 

Never have I ever had coffee. 

Never have I ever been skiing (water or snow). 

Never have I ever gone into labor naturally. I always had to be induced. 

Never have I ever used any illegal drug (including marijuana) or smoked a cigarette and I didn't drink a drop of alcohol until I was 21.

Edited by Chelli
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, DawnM said:

So, I just went to the See's candy site and guess what I found?

All $80 in candy I thought I ordered 2 weeks ago to be delivered to MIL.

OOPS!

I did that one time with paying payroll taxes. Ooff! I put in all the info, I added up all the categories. And then I never clicked “Transmit.” 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chelli said:

Never have I ever drank a soda/pop /soft drink. 

Never have I ever had coffee. 

Never have I ever been skiing (water or snow). 

😱   Coffee is my favorite drink and skiing was my favorite sport to do in the winter.   I haven't done it in years now because of my bad knee.

7 hours ago, Chelli said:

Never have I ever gone into labor naturally. I always had to be induced. 

Never have I ever used any illegal drug (including marijuana) or smoked a cigarette and I didn't drink a drop of alcohol until I was 21.

And I guess I can say that never have I ever had a v*ginal birth.   I ended up with 2 C-sections.

@DawnM - I never had a passport due to growing up in poverty. I rarely traveled more than 10 miles from my home, only went out of state twice (age 12 & 14) until I went to college. I worked to put myself through college and international travel wasn't an option. Since adulthood, it's just never been a financial priority for me although I would love to travel and have a list of places I would like to visit. Until a trip is certain, however, I cannot justify spending the money on a passport that will sit there and expire.

Both of my children have passports and have travelled internationally. Giving them those experiences was a priority. 

I didn't have a social security number until I was 16. Does anyone remember the days of having to go apply for an SSN? This was long before they were assigned at birth.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eos said:

Never have I ever had to flee from a wildfire.  So sad for @Arcadiaand all who experience this on a regular basis.

I am near enough to California wildfires to get the smog but thankfully never had to evacuate. We do get public service announcements now and then from the govt agencies to have an evacuation bag handy. I am usually the one posting wildfires news because I am too free. 
e.g. evacuation prep pamphlet https://www.fire.ca.gov/media/8647/calfire_set_brochure_lino.pdf

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frances said:

Not even a McDonald’s fish sandwich?!? Those were a special treat growing up in the Midwest. As was Friday night all you can eat fish dinners during Lent.

It was never served at school? I’m also from the Midwest and year round we had fish on Fridays at public school. It was a very Catholic area though. And there were never any other lunch options and no one ever brought lunch because our elementary school food was primarily homemade and amazing.

Nope, never had a McD's fish sandwich. They must have served fish at my elementary school (I seem to have a memory of tartar sauce and the kids calling it Carter sauce  because that was our teacher's name), but I never ate it! I rarely ate anything from my school lunches unless it was the rare waffle day. I also didn't drink milk unless it was the rare chocolate milk day. I must have been hungry a lot because I was never allowed to bring cold lunch either as I was a "free lunch" kid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JessieC said:

Nope, never had a McD's fish sandwich. They must have served fish at my elementary school (I seem to have a memory of tartar sauce and the kids calling it Carter sauce  because that was our teacher's name), but I never ate it! I rarely ate anything from my school lunches unless it was the rare waffle day. I also didn't drink milk unless it was the rare chocolate milk day. I must have been hungry a lot because I was never allowed to bring cold lunch either as I was a "free lunch" kid. 

Lol … I was a “reduced lunch” kid, and I ate breakfast and lunch at school every day and cleaned. my. plate. lol. The only thing I wouldn’t eat was the carrot salad. Yuck. All of my teachers in early elementary would remark to my parents what a good eater I was. 😂 So much so that my mom worried they thought she wasn’t feeding me. 🙂 My mother was far from perfect, but she did feed us good food. I just had a huge appetite and a super fast metabolism!

• Like 2

I’ve never had a v&$inal birth either. My firstborns were twins. That sort of wrecked any notion of natural birth for me. I tried so hard to vbac with my second labor/pregnancy, but my anatomy didn’t cooperate. Big deal at the time, but those wounds have healed thankfully.

Edited by popmom

On 1/1/2022 at 2:40 AM, popmom said:

I’ve never had a v&$inal birth either. My firstborns were twins. That sort of wrecked any notion of natural birth for me. I tried so hard to vbac with my second labor/pregnancy, but my anatomy didn’t cooperate. Big deal at the time, but those wounds have healed thankfully.

I haven't had a v#$inal birth either. I didn't even have contractions, Braxton-Hicks or otherwise, with the first. Mine were all scheduled c-sections (although #2 came early) due to some uterine surgeries in my early 20s.

• Like 1