Menu

Good things today - add yours

Laura Corin

We are doing history/ writing group with our closest friends after a three year break. They’ve had COVID recently + some vaccinated (my dd is the only one unvaccinated/never had COVID) and I’m vaccinated so, bc local numbers are low, we are meeting unmasked. It feels so nice to do something we used to do in the before times…

• Like 13

I took my mother in law, her sister, and dh's cousin for a lake drive, and then a long beach walk on Lake Huron. Cousin and I had our hands full helping them take that walk. But they were just giddy happy to be out there, and the weather was perfect. We had a picnic by the shore. It was hard work. It was also joyful to see the two of them together. Cousin and I both felt like we might be witnessing the last of their adventures together as their physical health is declining so fast, and with that, their mental stability. At one point, my mother in law got really upset with me, and then we figured out that she actually had about 5 minutes that she wasn't sure who I was, then recovered, and auntie forgot her own daughter's name for an hour. Oy! But they were so, so happy to be out in nature, doing something that they have always loved doing. It made us feel good. And the added bonus for me is that this is the first time I have spent time with his cousin, and made a new friend. She.is.awesome.sauce! I mean just an amazing person, covid cautious, and lovely to be around. I have lost so many friends since deconverting and then been on the opposite side of most of the locals about covid. Being around her is like a breath of fresh air! She and I are planning a road trip vacation around Michigan (this is her first time to the Great Lakes and we are limited in what we can do because of the moms) next early summer. We are both really excited about it!

• Like 15

14 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

...made a new friend. She.is.awesome.sauce!... She and I are planning a road trip vacation around Michigan (this is her first time to the Great Lakes and we are limited in what we can do because of the moms) next early summer. We are both really excited about it!

I hope you two will have a wonderful trip!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

I needed gas but was dreading the long lines Costco has had since gas prices started rising. Today, while not being able to drive right up to a pump, I was only one car back which is normal for me at Costco. 

I received an order from Flamingo Toes for some fun needle minders to use while cross stitching and some adorable cat head pins.

And Celeste should be on my Animal Crossing island tonight since Isabelle has already forecasted falling stars. LOL

• Like 12

On 9/28/2021 at 8:45 AM, ktgrok said:

As long as the baying/barking is okay, lol. But yes, fantastic family dogs. 

She doesn't bay or bark much!   And we're pretty sure she thinks she's a cat or chihuahua.  Her baying sounds totally ridiculous, like she's not sure what to do. 😆   It's the quietest baying I've ever heard.  Bless her crazy heart.  😆

I painted outside today since it was nice weather.  I haven't painted in a while and my arm is killing me, but I was glad to get to do it again.   Today was a drama-free day and I needed that.  

• Like 8

In this day and age, being surrounded by negative Neds and Nellies, I really need to be intentional about finding the good things so that I don't get stuck in the quicksand. So, I'm going to keep trying to add more things to this list regularly, no matter how insignificant they seem.

Today I had lunch at my favorite restaurant in town. It is locally owned and operated and I just adore the couple who run it.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

In this day and age, being surrounded by negative Neds and Nellies, I really need to be intentional about finding the good things so that I don't get stuck in the quicksand. So, I'm going to keep trying to add more things to this list regularly, no matter how insignificant they seem.

Today I had lunch at my favorite restaurant in town. It is locally owned and operated and I just adore the couple who run it.

What did you order? 

• Like 1

DH had a scan yesterday and his medication is still keeping him stable. He's been living with cancer for over four years.

DS22 got a coupon for half off a purchase of up to $500 at a local grocery store chain. He gave it to us (he lives here), so today DH and I will do a grocery store field trip and have some fun saving money. We rarely grocery shop together, so this could get interesting. 😉 

• Like 19

On 9/27/2021 at 11:24 PM, Melissa Louise said:

With my lovely Dad.

Don't quote - I'll remove in a bit x

Oh, I missed it. 😞

I'm actually not sure if I have any pictures of me with my dad or my step-dad, and they are both gone now.

This is a reminder to get a picture with my mom when I finally see her again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

DH had a scan yesterday and his medication is still keeping him stable. He's been living with cancer for over four years.

DS22 got a coupon for half off a purchase of up to $500 at a local grocery store chain. He gave it to us (he lives here), so today DH and I will do a grocery store field trip and have some fun saving money. We rarely grocery shop together, so this could get interesting. 😉 

That is so wonderful.  I am glad he is doing well.

Wow, what an amazing coupon from the grocery store!!!!  Awesome

• Like 2

DD has a hearing disorder.  I signed her up for a drama class at her request. We let the teacher know about her hearing disorder.

She goes to class last week and the teacher pulls her aside to ask if she would like to sit near her for the beginning so she can hear the instructions.  Not only that, she moved them to a room that echos so she can hear all the kids.  Honestly, I just wanted to cry at the kindness this person has shown and gone out of her way to accommodate her.  

• Like 13

I paid way too much for area model trays and cringed while doing it, but when I took them over to my extra kids today, they immediately connected to the work and didn't want to give it up after half an hour.  It was amazing to watch.  Area multiplication had been a struggle for the one kid for a few weeks now no matter what I tried.  He began to grasp the principle of division the same way, and another kid made the connection to the more standard long division symbol as the side and top of the rectangle. It was so much fun just to sit and watch their discovery.

• Like 9