Menu

What are gas prices around you?

mommyoffive

I saw $1.89 last week as I went to the library (parking lot, to attempt to mooch WiFi). I don’t remember it being that cheap since I bought my first car. 

• Like 1

$2.49 to $2.89 cash price (no car wash required) yesterday for Shell, Chevron, Arco. My husband had to top up asap after driving me to my medical appointment so we paid $2.89 instead of looking for the cheapest on the way home. We didn’t want to risk having to call AAA. Costco in my area is apparently $2.29.

ETA: Cents per gallon Tax https://cdn.api.org/pdf/state-taxes/california.pdf
“California Gasoline
47.30 State Excise Tax
13.30 Other State Taxes/Fees
60.60 Total State Taxes/Fees
79.00 Total State plus Federal Excise Taxes (@ 18.4 cpg)”

Edited by Arcadia

3 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

Last week we got as low as 95 cents per gallon here in Wisconsin.  This morning it was up to $1.05.  I think I saw that we had the lowest prices in the country.

It was absolutely amazing to fill my tank for so little.  

we got down to 97 at Costco and woodman's and a couple of other places.  But they are crawling back up.  Woodman's is now at 1.05.  I expect Costco will follow tomorrow. I heard somewhere up north got down to 75 cents.  I would have liked to see it just to take a picture.  The lowest I had ever seen was 79 at the top of the hills/mountain in Kentucky or TN in the early 90's. It was memorable because gas was quite a bit more expensive at the bottom and super cheap at the top where they had to lug it up the winding pass.

Edited by cjzimmer1