Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I tried on the first homemade mask I made, I was reminded of a conversation from the Princess Bride & I hope there are lots of memes soon with mask wearers quoting it.  
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?
Westley: Oh no. It’s just they’re terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

As I tried on the first homemade mask I made, I was reminded of a conversation from the Princess Bride & I hope there are lots of memes soon with mask wearers quoting it.  
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?
Westley: Oh no. It’s just they’re terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

I think I did see a meme with that. It might even be somewhere in this thread. Or maybe I saw it on facebook. 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I think I did see a meme with that. It might even be somewhere in this thread. Or maybe I saw it on facebook. 🙂 

princess bride most likely kill you in teh morning.jpg

oops, wrong one.

princess bride masks.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I do always wonder who drinks around their kids, because at least in my circle NONE of us consume any alcohol without another sober adult present. I don’t want to risk having any impaired judgement while being the sole caretaker of my kiddos. 

The only people I know who would do that are alcoholics. And that’s because they can’t make it long enough to drink alone or in the evening at that point.

That can’t be that unusual?

DH and I occassionally share a bottle of wine in the evenings during/after supper and our kids see that. We have older kids who could drive if needed, but even when we didn't we still drank some in the evenings.

Edited by Momto6inIN
Eta DH is not impaired by a half bottle of wine spread out over an evening. I probably shouldn't drive
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arctic Mama said:

But you do it with your son around? During the day? Culturally that’s very strange to me, the non-alcoholic parts of our families of origin pretty much only drank at dinners or while watching sports, and not everyone was drinking and never more than a glass or two.

I can honestly say I don’t know a single homeschooling mom in real life who would drink during school time or while watching younger kids.  The ones with only high school and college kiddos I’m not sure about, I think at least one has wine with her lunch some days.  Age of the kids probably also matters in this.

I don't know anybody who does it during the day for real.

I'm guessing the meme is referring to all the tongue in cheek references I'm seeing about how mommy needs her wine to get through the stress of having her kids at home all day and doing e-learning with them. I have no idea if any of them are actually day drinking or just joking that they feel like it, but I see it a lot. Have you not seen those?

• Like 2

The vast majority of the world drinks at most of their meals, lunches and dinners, and especially evening and weekend meals.  Having a drink does not equal getting drunk or even slightly impaired. 

Personally I don’t drink much. But if I have a glass of wine it’s because I’m certain I won’t be driving and I never drink more than 1 or 2 glass of wine even at home. I don’t start the day with a drink, but more than once and less than a couple dozen times, over the years I’ve enjoyed a glass of wine with some fruit while sitting on the patio on a pretty day as the kids play in the yard and I read a book or knit. No big deal. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I can honestly say I don’t know a single homeschooling mom in real life who would drink during school time or while watching younger kids.  The ones with only high school and college kiddos I’m not sure about 

I know two in real life. I'm not sure if they drink more now that their kids are older or less. It is a joke with them. I believe they only have a glass or so vs. getting drunk. 

Edited by RootAnn
Cropped attachment & accidentally posted it in a new post. Oops!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Negin said:

s13.jpg

can you imagine the looks on their faces if someone had told them six months ago they'd be guarding grocery store displays of toilet paper?  - to protect them from desperate shoppers?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

🤣

I am officially type 1.  To paraphrase a frugal mom youtuber I watch......................'I have been preparing *my entire life* for this  lol.  

As a fellow type 1 who loves YouTube, please share the name of this type 1 YouTuber.  Thank you in advance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Katy said:

As a fellow type 1 who loves YouTube, please share the name of this type 1 YouTuber.  Thank you in advance.

are you familiar with Amy Dacyczyn?   some of her videos are on youtube.  she's mostly retired as her kids are grown.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

my dsil just sent me this one. he's mid 30's.

3 types of people.jpg

I made the sad face because I am definitely a type 1 but I hate to think o might be middle aged. Of course, as I’ve gotten older my definition of what age is “middle aged” has steadily moved upwards. FTR I am 39, 40 in June.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, emba56 said:

I made the sad face because I am definitely a type 1 but I hate to think o might be middle aged. Of course, as I’ve gotten older my definition of what age is “middle aged” has steadily moved upwards. FTR I am 39, 40 in June.

I'll make you feel young.  I have three children in their 30's.