Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

Ok ok I know it's a meme and all but someone else said this today about a mexican restaurant 

... do you actually call it "cheese dip" ? We do not do that in the Southwest so I'm a little shocked lol

I'm in the deep south.... I'd say about half the time I hear "queso" and the other half of the time "cheese dip". Everyone knows what is being talked about with either term.  I am trying to think about it and I think I personally call it queso most of the time, but I am sure I've also said cheese dip.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

My DH is worried he'll miss the to go drinks because he's got to work (and be fit for work) so he's behind this movement completely.

You should go twice as often then. To be supportive.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I am missing something.  What is a to go drink?

Many restaurants are now being allowed to sell their usual alcoholic drinks "to go" to customers getting orders delivered.  In most areas this has never been allowed before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bars, Restaurants Tackle Coronavirus Closings With To-Go Drinks And Bottled Cocktails

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elvaramirez/2020/03/21/bars-restaurants-tackle-coronavirus-closings-with-to-go-drinks-and-bottled-cocktails/#71d0dd5c16f1

I saw a funny twitter post: 

1920: Alcohol is prohibited.

2020: Liquor stores are an essential business during a national health crisis

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I don’t think that’s allowed here even now.

In Michigan, restaurants need to have a special license that allows them to offer retail sale of alcohol (excepting hard liquor) as well as serving it for on site consumption.

This isn't new though, it has been going on for several years.

Since the lockdown, however, restaurants and breweries with the license can take advantage of it by legally selling drinks as carryout or delivery either with or without food orders.

14 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

Many restaurants are now being allowed to sell their usual alcoholic drinks "to go" to customers getting orders delivered.  In most areas this has never been allowed before.

whaaaaa?! No way?!

I admit most days I think blue laws are great and that’s about the only thing in Oklahoma that leans blue. And I was half-joking during precovid stocking up that I wasn’t buying wine bc I had to choose between eating my emotions or drinking them.

But I would absofreakinglutly leave a $10 tip to have a frozen pinecolada delivered in a hurricane sized travel cup.

*sigh*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theelfqueen said:

Ok ok I know it's a meme and all but someone else said this today about a mexican restaurant 

... do you actually call it "cheese dip" ? We do not do that in the Southwest so I'm a little shocked lol

I'm 50/50 on how I order. BUT!! The times I order "queso" the waiter always replies "cheese dip?" and I KNOW my accent is not that bad! So I'm kinda like - why bother with the effort to be correct...

• Like 1

I found a not-quite-up-to-date listing of some of the changes & restrictions here. Note that it goes straight to a PDF.

Restaurants and bars will be allowed to sell individual mixed drinks, beer and other alcoholic beverages to-go under an order signed Thursday [in my state].

The order allows the establishments to sell “pre-made cocktails and other alcoholic beverages” as long as the containers are sealed with a lid and not partially consumed.

I don't drink thus making me the perfect wife as I'm always available as a designated driver. But, I've offered to pick him up something on a night where he doesn't have to work the next day.

... And here's a meme I haven't seen yet.

PhotoEditor_20200329_082421147.jpg

Edited by RootAnn
  • Haha 11

49 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

I found a not-quite-up-to-date listing of some of the changes & restrictions here. Note that it goes straight to a PDF.

I don't drink thus making me the perfect wife as I'm always available as a designated driver. But, I've offered to pick him up something on a night where he doesn't have to work the next day.

... And here's a meme I haven't seen yet.

Yep, I get to be DD 99% of the time and dh is very appreciative.    Part of it is because I was pregnant within 2 weeks of our wedding, then nursing, then pregnant again, then nursing again, then my stomach can't seem to handle alcohol anymore.   My limit is basically 1 beer or glass of wine and I don't like drinking with my meal because it makes me feel too full and bloated.  Since the opportunities to drink are mainly when we go out to eat at a nice restaurant, I don't bother because I want to enjoy my meal. 

Dh was telling me that our local liquor store is doing curbside right now.  You pull up, someone takes your order and then brings it out to your car.  

• Like 1

I like the to go drinks because I feel like restaurants don't feel as strongly that they should stay open illegally and they are making more money. I can't imagine how devastating this must be to all of them and I'm sure it's a huge help.

#toopregnantformargaritas😭

91301712_877533939412716_5323829967342010368_n.jpg

91074943_1412283705617444_6241222625146699776_n.jpg

• Haha 19

12 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I don’t think that’s allowed here even now.

It’s normally not allowed in TX and TABC will come down *hard* on restaurants that even think about doing it. Gov Abbott’s declaration allowed restaurants to serve alcohol to-go. Dh and I are seriously thinking about supporting our fav Tex-Mex place tonight with a takeout order of chips and queso <ahem> plus a ‘rita for him and a Mexican martini for me. 

ETA: Restaurants were previously allowed to let patrons take home opened bottles of wine they bought. However, the waiter had to seal it before the customer left. 

Edited by brehon
Additional info
  • Like 2