Menu

Back from the hospital

Today I came home from the hospital. I brought with me:

-- 2 vases of flowers (courtesy of mom and sis)

-- 1 gigantic bag full of hospital-grade personal care items (ahem)

-- 1 sweet baby boy!:party:

Michael Murray was born on Monday, November 24 at 4:23 p.m. (Sorry, CleoQc, but we knew he was a boy.) He weighed 8 lbs., 6.5 oz. and was 20.5 in. long. Head circumference was 14 in.

Delivery went well. From broken water to baby, it was just over 8 hrs. All my others were about 6 hrs. I pushed for 20 minutes or so. Only hairy moment was when I had a panic attack when the anesthesiologist came to do the epidural. Didn't see that coming. :glare:

This is my heaviest baby by far. Based on his measurements, I am soooo glad I was induced. I can't imagine how huge he would have been if I'd gone all the way to Dec. 3rd or beyond. I've got wide, capable German hips, but they're not that big! LOL.

I'll try to post pictures this weekend.

Michael Murray was born on Monday, November 24 at 4:23 p.m. (Sorry, CleoQc, but we knew he was a boy.) He weighed 8 lbs., 6.5 oz. and was 20.5 in. long. Head circumference was 14 in.

Oh, that's so wonderful! Congrats to you and to your whole family. Sweet!

Delivery went well. From broken water to baby, it was just over 8 hrs. All my others were about 6 hrs. I pushed for 20 minutes or so. Only hairy moment was when I had a panic attack when the anesthesiologist came to do the epidural. Didn't see that coming. :glare:

This is my heaviest baby by far. Based on his measurements, I am soooo glad I was induced. I can't imagine how huge he would have been if I'd gone all the way to Dec. 3rd or beyond. I've got wide, capable German hips, but they're not that big! LOL.

I'll try to post pictures this weekend.

So glad I'm not alone! I had a panic attack when the anesthesiologist numbed me at BOTH of my deliveries. :D

Congratulations on the birth of your son. :hurray:

Congratulations! It's my turn soon -- 5-7 weeks from now. But, I think I'll be surprised if we have anything smaller than 8.5 pounds :D, so maybe I got my hips from the German side of me too (my nearly 5'5" height, however, definitely comes from the Swedish side!)

He was indeed born on my birthday! Although I was born at 7h10AM. ;-) And 43 years ago. And I was a girl, and I was 7lbs and something. Other than that, we're twins! :lol:

Congratulations!

The flock has grown! Happy homecoming to you and baby!