Menu

Need to find a funny, very clean movie

klmama

What suggestions do you have?  I need a movie that's funny, clean - no foul language, no s*xual situations, no violence -  and something an adult woman would enjoy.  Also, no spirits, reincarnation, or anything like that.  I'm looking for a very light movie.

So far, all I can think of is Mom's Night Out (assuming I'm not wrong about it?).  What else can you recommend?

I had Mom's Night Out in mind as I hovered over your title and read the first few words...  

The other one my family LOVES is Love Comes Softly.  I would not say it is funny in the same sense as MNO, but it is very wholesome.  It is about a young couple in the early 1800s? who travel by horse and buggy to start a new life together on the western frontier.  The only "violence" is the young husband falls from his horse and dies.  You don't see that happen, but you do see him when he is found.  The rest of the story is how the young wife finds her place in a very unfamiliar place without her husband.  It has a WONDERFUL ending, and the entire movie is very,very well done. 

There is a chance that this movie is more emotional than you want, so maybe preview?  It does have funny parts for sure, but it is more of a drama- not a comedy.

I started to think of old classics like Singin’ in the Rain (as mentioned above), Arsenic and Old Lace, Bringing Up Baby, Easter Parade, and Inspector General. I haven’t seen those movies in ages so I can’t remember if they have anything too racy or violent. Auntie Mame is a great one for Christmas time.

Yours, Mine, and Ours with Lucille Ball...there is sexual content only in the sense that one of the teen daughters is being pressured by her boyfriend to have sex (nothing graphic or violent...just trying to convince her) and the father explains why she shouldn't put up with that. LOVE that movie. 

The Parent Trap (original...I've never seen the remake)

• Like 3

old movies.

I love the philadelphia story - for it's witty repartee.  (cary grant, katharine hepburn, jimmy stewart)

support your local sheriff.  (a couple bad guys get shot, but they are fast scenes and absolutely no gore.)  it's a satire on westerns

bringing up baby - baby is a leopard

we're no angels (christmas) - humphrey bogart, peter ustinov.   and adolph  =D  - he's a poisonous snake.  you never see him, they only talk about him.

how to steal a  million. peter o'toole, audrey hepburn

how to marry a millionaire.

~~~

if you're looking for christmas

the nine lives of christmas is on something- and is very cute. and cats.

• Like 2

Yours, Mine, and Ours with Lucille Ball...there is sexual content only in the sense that one of the teen daughters is being pressured by her boyfriend to have sex (nothing graphic or violent...just trying to convince her) and the father explains why she shouldn't put up with that. LOVE that movie. 

The Parent Trap (original...I've never seen the remake)

the remake has its moments -  and I like it.  I grew up with the original. has a suggestive (nothing more) brief moment or two.

I think I may like the remake of sabrina more than the original (but I hate the remake of the philadelphia story with grace kelly and bing crosby. - and I can never remember what they called it.)._

The Out-of-Towners  (Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis)

I think it's a very funny movie.  There aren't graphic violent scenes, but they get mugged, later the husband gets punched by mistake by some would-be Good Samaritans, and at one point they're in the middle of an anti-Cuban protest/riot.  But it really is a comedy.  

I haven't seen the remake with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn.

Napoleon Dynamite?

I was going to say that one. The people who love it, adore it, but there are a few people for whom the humor doesn't click. I love it. I believe the film makers were Mormon and didn't want anything that wasn't clean in there. Which is surprising, being that it's put out by MTV. When someone first showed it to me, I braced myself when I saw the MTV logo at the beginning. But it's clean and funny throughout.

I had Mom's Night Out in mind as I hovered over your title and read the first few words...  

The other one my family LOVES is Love Comes Softly. .....It has a WONDERFUL ending, and the entire movie is very,very well done. 

And, it had Dale Midkiff and that is Never a bad thing. ;)

Please keep these ideas coming!  I watched Love Comes Softly on YouTube tonight; I enjoyed it, but I think it moves a little too slowly for the person I'm trying to buy a movie for.  I'll keep checking out the others.  Please feel free to suggest other great clean movies!

The Unsinkable Molly Brown (which was based on a real woman)

Anne of Green Gables series

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (although not funny, I remember it as a really good movie)

My Fair Lady

The Decoy Bride

Cool Runnings

The Three Musketeers (1993) I remember loving that movie.

Night at the Museum 

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

I can't remember the content of all of these...