Menu

Just to be sassy on Facebook...

Ginevra

I feel like posting a picture tomorrow: "Second Day of School!" Or even better, at some random day in a few months, "49th Day of School!" Or, wouldn't it be funny to do it every day, all year long? 😅

I mean, it's fine; I'm not grumpy about it but good Lord! I think 86% of my friends with kids had First Day pictures today. I just feel like swimming upstream and doing something weird on a different day.

• Like 11

Well if I had posted first day of school pictures today it would have been of everyone throwing up! So much for a first day.

Oh no! OTOH, what a great opportunity for a clever caption. "My kids are sick over the first day of school." #clearlynotfaking

• Like 8

Okay, okay...I'm one of those people who posts back to school pictures on FB every year. But you know what I love? Seeing my memories in FB looking back over the years at all of the past pics I've posted. For instance, ds is in 8th grade this year and when I saw his first day of 6th and 7th grade pictures, I was shocked. He looks so much older this year...and he's lost a lot of that baby look. So yeah...I'm one of those that you roll your eyes at!!! (But I can laugh about it)

• Like 11

My friend's kid goes to a school that celebrates the 100th day of school and the kids all dress up like old people. 😂

That's SO much better than kids bringing 100 of something, which is what most schools do.  My kids took paperclips. I was clearly not the mom who cared about the 100th day. 

• Like 3

I took a first day pic of my oldest two when their classes at community college started and it cracked me up because they were both giving me the death stare because they were so thrilled to be heading out the door at 7:30 am. So I put it on FB with a comment about their excitement.

• Like 4

I posted a back-to-school photo of my kids that looked like an album cover. I would rather see 1000 back to school or back to homeschool pics in my feed than yet another meme or repost of someone else's content. What's wrong with photos of kids?!

Edited by Word Nerd
  • Like 4

LOL - I posted first day candids of my annoyed children today lounging around the house.  Why should B&M kids have all the fun!?  This literally was our first day.  We did a little school!  :001_tt2:

ETA - I do actually enjoy seeing everyone's kids on the first day of school.  I have taken my kids out for a little hike somewhere fun to do a nice photo but we were too busy today and my teen kids were not humoring their old mom today. 

Edited by WoolySocks
  • Like 3

Well if I had posted first day of school pictures today it would have been of everyone throwing up! So much for a first day.

I saw someone's first day of (home) school pics with the kids each in bed with their sheet of paper with their info on it. Yup, they were all sick

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I feel like posting a picture tomorrow: "Second Day of School!" Or even better, at some random day in a few months, "49th Day of School!" Or, wouldn't it be funny to do it every day, all year long? 😅

I mean, it's fine; I'm not grumpy about it but good Lord! I think 86% of my friends with kids had First Day pictures today. I just feel like swimming upstream and doing something weird on a different day.

Well, I do remember in the elementary years being able to post a "Last Day of School" picture... in mid April!

• Like 1

I saw someone's first day of (home) school pics with the kids each in bed with their sheet of paper with their info on it. Yup, they were all sick

I should add... the pictures looked great, and made cool homeschool pics... just felt bad that the kids were sick, not just sleeping in

I posted a back-to-school photo of my kids that looked like an album cover. I would rather see 1000 back to school or back to homeschool pics in my feed than yet another meme or repost of someone else's content. What's wrong with photos of kids?!

No, no, it's not bad. It was just sort of strangely noticeable.

This is the first time in 20 years (or something like that) that all the public schools in this state are required to begin after Labor Day. I'm sure this was a contributing factor as to why it seemed so extensive - it wasn't dribbled out from midway through August.

I would definitely rather see 1000 first day of school pucs than some of the other drivel I see.

• Like 4

I posted pictures of move in day for Diamond's first moving-away-to-college. She's a 22yo transfer whomalreadybhas an associate.

Today our Chick fil A was giving away free breakfast sandwiches, so SweetChild and BabyBaby and I went... BabyBaby snap chatted some pictures, but I forgot to take some, it's our first day back, and we sort of got some work done. BabyBaby starts enrichment classes Thursday, maybe ill take one for that.

SweetChild starts esthetician school Monday, so if I can manage to get a photo of her, I'll doma slightly different Facebook post: for the first time EVER I will have children in three different schools! Not just three buildings in the same district, but college, trade school, and home/enrichment.

• Like 1

I was sick of those pictures, too, so I used my photography/photoshop skilz and took a First Day of School picture of the boys being attacked by their books.  I don't know if anyone else on my FB feed cared, but it sure amused me.  :)

37055886215_e379c4b1f5_c.jpg

Edited by Garga
  • Like 33

I love the idea of 2nd day of school...3rd day of school...4th day of school...etc...pictures.  

• Like 2

I enjoy seeing them :).  I've never bothered posting any "NOT back to school photos" (although I have lots of homeschool friends that do, lol) because, to me, it feels a little passive aggressive.  For the brick and mortar school kids it's their first day back..their parents are excited, nervous, proud, happy whatever..I just "like" their pictures and let them have their day :).

• Like 2

I was thinking how funny I could get with this...around January, I could stop posting photos of my son and instead post pics of myself with a bottle of wine, me in bunny slippers, me eating Lucky Charms out of the box...

• Like 3

I need to put a reminder on my calendar to post 1st day of school pictures... on July 1st. NY state says that that's when the school year starts (the schools, however, don't start until after Labor Day, but July 1st and beyond counts for the 2017-2018 school year). #day70. Or, I guess, #day71, since it's midnight now. 

Edited by luuknam