Menu

Aww, Chris Pratt and Anna Ferris splitting up

Moxie

I can't imagine the pressure of his career- she is a busy actress but he was away from home for a LONG time while filming. And the tabloid rumors cast doubts- I listen to Anna's podcast sometimes and caught the one where she said the tabloid rumors that Chris had been unfaithful hurt her.  Assume the rumors weren't true- he would be mad that she didn't believe him. Imagine they were true- she would feel foolish for giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Their son was a preemie and that adds stress to any couple's life. 

I hate to see any marriage break up. Boo for this news. 

Am I the only one who has no idea who these people are? 😀

I only know who Chris Pratt is because ds likes him as an actor and has mentioned him. I know nothing about his personal life nor do I know who Anna Ferris is (and though I know Pratt is an actor I can't actually name any of his movies).

• Like 1

Lord, people. Guardians of the Galaxy?? Jurassic World?? Parks and Rec??

Come on out from under your rocks, the weather is great!!

Nope. Nope. Couldn't get past the first few episodes of Parks and Rec, much to ds' disappointment. But now I know why he wants me to watch it. Or at least one reason why.

It gets good after Mark leaves and Ben and Chris arrive in the second season.

Yup...P&R is one of my all time favorite shows and when I originally attempted to watch it (when it originally aired) I gave up almost immediately because the first few episodes were so bad. I tried again on Netflix and jus skipped ahead to season 2 and fell in love. Now I've gone back and watched the first season and I like it. It's a great show that I highly recommend!

Sad to hear about Chris Pratt and Anna Ferris. I hate to hear about any marriage that doesn't work out. :(

• Like 2

Nope on all 3.  I watched 15 minutes of Parks and Rec and thought it was the stupidest thing that had ever been put on TV.  I guess I prefer my rock.

• Like 2

Anna Farris - she was the birth mother of Monica's and Chandler's twins on Friends. She's had an acting career with far greater scope, but no matter what she's in, that's the character I see...

I hope things will go as well for them all as possible, especially for their little boy.

Edited by Tibbie Dunbar
  • Like 1

Anna Farris - she was the birth mother of Monica's and Chandler's twins on Friends. She's had an acting career with far greater scope, but no matter what she's in, that's the character I see...

I hope things will go as well for them all as possible, especially for their little boy.

I never watched much of that show, but when I googled her I recognized her from the movie Just Friends and House Bunny.

Apparently she has a podcast about marriage and some of my Facebook friends who listen to it pretty regularly said that they weren't so shocked by the news.

According to them, after their son was born premature, Chris became a devout conservative Christian believing that God had saved their son. Apparently Anna would make jabs at his newfound conversion on her podcast. She also talked about his astounding success while her career was not as meteoric. My friends who listened to her podcast believe that it was more her wanting to get out of the marriage than Chris. He had become someone different than who she originally married and was a bit jealous of him.

I don't know how much any of their assumptions are correct, but it sounds plausible. Of course, I've also heard that he cheated on her with Jennifer Lawrence so no one really knows but the two of them. 

Plus, he's Emmett!!  (From The LEGO Movie.)

(My kids are big fans of multiple Pratt movies.  Everything is awesome.)

Edited by happypamama
  • Like 7

Must have been later in the series. I gave up on Friends around Season 8 or 9. 

I thought I knew who Anna Farris is - I thought she did that cups song video. Alas, after checking I see that was Anna Kendrick.

It's not too bad under my rock. Really, it's kind of nice here. :)

• Like 4

Must have been later in the series. I gave up on Friends around Season 8 or 9.

I thought I knew who Anna Farris is - I thought she did that cups song video. Alas, after checking I see that was Anna Kendrick.

It's not too bad under my rock. Really, it's kind of nice here. :)

Anna Kendrick is also the one who was Cinderella in the new into the woods. I did not approve of the casting - not just her - and didn't finish watching it. Although James corden was perfect as the baker. (Now a late show host, pretty good.)

Season 10 of friends makes up for 8/9, IMO, if you ever want to check...at least the last half dozen episodes that close the show. It's on Netflix :)

Anna Kendrick is also the one who was Cinderella in the new into the woods. I did not approve of the casting - not just her - and didn't finish watching it. Although James corden was perfect as the baker. (Now a late show host, pretty good.)

Season 10 of friends makes up for 8/9, IMO, if you ever want to check...at least the last half dozen episodes that close the show. It's on Netflix :)

Agreeing with James Corden as the baker! What about Chris Pine, though? I thought he was surprisingly good. Not a fan of Emily Blunt, anyway.

As far as Ferris/Pratt, who can keep track of such things? The podcast-revealed theory above sounds plausible.

• Like 1

Agreeing with James Corden as the baker! What about Chris Pine, though? I thought he was surprisingly good. Not a fan of Emily Blunt, anyway.

As far as Ferris/Pratt, who can keep track of such things? The podcast-revealed theory above sounds plausible.

I like Chris pine - if you're a fan, look on YouTube for his son with Barbra Streisand on her encore album - but I thought the American playhouse version of agony in into the woods was a million times better! (Sorry, iPad typing)

• Like 1

I like Chris pine - if you're a fan, look on YouTube for his son with Barbra Streisand on her encore album - but I thought the American playhouse version of agony in into the woods was a million times better! (Sorry, iPad typing)

Lol AGONY into the woods, hilarious! Actually describes how I really feel about this show. So many youth theater groups do this show and I think it's rather funny. They have to seriously alter the script to the the point that, IMO, the entire point of the story is list.

Ah well, thanks for the suggestion. Next time my dd's drag me into the woods with them I'll suggest the version above.

• Like 1

I never understand why people get on a thread or comment chain to say (smugly? Confusedly? I don't know) that they have never heard of the person the topic is about. I don't really understand the point?

I like both of them. Starring in some of the biggest movies in the world over the last few years has to take a toll, just based on the time away from family. I think the comments I've read in other places about the divorce being due to him "not being fat anymore" say a lot more about the people commenting than the two of them!

• Like 7

I've enjoyed Chris Pine in everything I've seen him in. There was an SNL skit awhile back with him wanting to be in all the musical movies. It was basically an auditon reel for more musicals lol.
  • Like 1

Apparently she has a podcast about marriage and some of my Facebook friends who listen to it pretty regularly said that they weren't so shocked by the news.

According to them, after their son was born premature, Chris became a devout conservative Christian believing that God had saved their son. Apparently Anna would make jabs at his newfound conversion on her podcast. She also talked about his astounding success while her career was not as meteoric. My friends who listened to her podcast believe that it was more her wanting to get out of the marriage than Chris. He had become someone different than who she originally married and was a bit jealous of him.

I don't know how much any of their assumptions are correct, but it sounds plausible. Of course, I've also heard that he cheated on her with Jennifer Lawrence so no one really knows but the two of them.

I have heard for awhile that she got jealous of how his career has taken off and she is staying on a certain level. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. While she has talent, I swear it seems no matter what the part is, she is playing the same part.

• Like 1

I have heard for awhile that she got jealous of how his career has taken off and she is staying on a certain level. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. While she has talent, I swear it seems no matter what the part is, she is playing the same part.

He kind of does, too. Slightly goofy but hunky guy. 

I don't follow celebritites and I don't watch many movies and no network TV. Also can't live stream Netflix shows, if Parks and Rec is one of those things. I never know who celebrities are unless they have been famous for a long time (like Brad Pitt). I did see Guardians, but couldn't tell you who the actors were because, again, I don't follow celebrities or pay any attention to their personal lives.

Although I did see this bit of celebrity news this morning, so I knew about this. Just didn't know (or care) who they were.

I do know other things, though. Just not that. 😊

He can change his face expressions although he kind of reminds me of Brendon Fraser with his acting. She has the same one no matter what.

She's definitely one dimensional.  I'm not sure his main fan base cares about his facial expressions. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

I never understand why people get on a thread or comment chain to say (smugly? Confusedly? I don't know) that they have never heard of the person the topic is about. I don't really understand the point?

Confusedly yes, but I didn't see anyone being smug about it. As to why, maybe so someone will tell us. Sure, we can look it up, but most people spending time here on the chat board are here to, well, chat. That's much better than just looking it up and going, "Well, I still don't know and don't know if I even want to know". Have you seen the recommendations for shows/movies/youtube videos that this thread resulted in? Googling wouldn't have done that. Well, maybe it would but in a much more impersonal way.

• Like 1

I think it sounds smug when accompanied by something like "nor do I have any idea why I would care about them" or something like that. And I don't understand it either. 

• Like 3

I like them both as well as you can like someone you don't know. They both seemed fun and down to earth and kinda goofy. Not arrogant or full of themselves. I thought they seemed really cute together. So yeah, I'm bummed to hear this. I don't follow a bunch of celebrity news, but there are nice people in Hollywood who are worth rooting for. :)

I think it sounds smug when accompanied by something like "nor do I have any idea why I would care about them" or something like that. And I don't understand it either.

Scarlett was being funny, I'm pretty sure.

As to him bring a dork, he got in great shape during Parks and Rec. It was a joke on the show. "I just quit drinking beer. I drank a lot of beer".

As to him bring a dork, he got in great shape during Parks and Rec. It was a joke on the show. "I just quit drinking beer. I drank a lot of beer".

I vaguely remember an interview in which he said he had originally gained weight for the show, and then took it back off.  He said the weight made a difference in his acting ... although I forget the exact details, it was pretty interesting in that it showed  how a person's perception of their own body make such a psychological difference even in the make believe of television.

On the other hand, I thought the entire business with giving away their cat on Instagram was odd; and the talk about her dog turning up as a stray didn't add to my enthusiasm regarding their abilities around pet ownership.  It sort of turned me off of them as people, although I can still enjoy the shows they're in.

All of which goes to show the 2 things I look for in celebrity gossip:  how they treat their pets, and how they actually slog through the work of acting.

• Like 1

Chris Pratt has been immortalized by Lego as a minfig...not as just one character, but three different characters. That's like, Harrison Ford levels of greatness! ;)

Hollywood break-ups don't usually surprise me, but this one did, and it hurts almost as much as the Jennifer Garner/Ben Affleck split!

• Like 3

Chris Pratt has been immortalized by Lego as a minfig...not as just one character, but three different characters. That's like, Harrison Ford levels of greatness! ;)

Hollywood break-ups don't usually surprise me, but this one did, and it hurts almost as much as the Jennifer Garner/Ben Affleck split!

Yes, I was surprised about this. Though, I follow Chris on Instagram and he has been traveling a lot the last year. Filming Jurassic World 2 and a lot of press tours for Guardians 2. Anna and Jack did some of the press tours with him but she has her own tv show to film too.

Jen and Ben, sigh... She is my favorite person in Hollywood, I kept hoping they would make it. I really feel for her, seems like she tried so hard.

• Like 2

I love P&R and I love his character on that show. We were almost all the through watching Jurassic World when I realized it was the same actor. He went from average looking dork to... well, not so average. 😅

Anna has been pretty open about preferring chubby Chris. I think when he got into shape and catapulted to an A list actor it fueled some insecurities.   It sure reinforces that money can't buy happiness and you can't always tell what's going on based on outward appearances. 

• Like 1