Menu

The funeral all is over. I am very tired, but the drama was low.

FaithManor

Bummer on the pastor, sheeeeesh. It sounds like everything else went about as well as it could have, but your poor mom :(. I hope she gets some rest before having to deal with her sister. That's just awful the way those events stacked up for her.

Wow what an inappropriate funeral sermon!  Very happy that you were able to play the music and that everything except the sermon apparently went well.  Good news that your mother is considering going to Ok for at least part of the year.  I am sure that is a blessing for you.  Rest, rest and more rest for you.

• Like 1

Faith, I hope you are getting some well deserved and much needed rest.

Pastors like that give such a bad image of Christianity (sigh), but like a PP, hopefully someday y'all can laugh about his craziness.

I'm glad the rest went well and send best wishes to your mom (and you) with the news about your aunt.

:grouphug:

• Like 4

Glad it is over, glad it went well (except for the weird inappropriate pastor) and so glad you and your mom can rest for a tiny bit.  And a huge round of applause for all the effort you put in.  I'm in awe.

(On a side note, I remember attending the funeral of an elderly neighbor a few years back.  Her normal pastor was unavailable.  The funeral home got someone else last minute that didn't know her.  Young guy.  He waxed on ad nauseum about how it was really inconvenient to have to come in and perform a service for someone he didn't know and how much he missed his dead relative and how important his family was to him but they didn't treat him very well, etc.  Uh...o.k.   :confused1: )

• Like 1

I also had a weird funeral experience: a friend died young. She was an agnostic. The preacher did a fire and brimstone funeral. I was physically hurting for her widower. Fortunately (?) he was so overcome with grief that he seemed not to notice.

I'm glad it's over. I hope you get a break from the stress.

Glad it is over, glad it went well (except for the weird inappropriate pastor) and so glad you and your mom can rest for a tiny bit. And a huge round of applause for all the effort you put in. I'm in awe.

(On a side note, I remember attending the funeral of an elderly neighbor a few years back. Her normal pastor was unavailable. The funeral home got someone else last minute that didn't know her. Young guy. He waxed on ad nauseum about how it was really inconvenient to have to come in and perform a service for someone he didn't know and how much he missed his dead relative and how important his family was to him but they didn't treat him very well, etc. Uh...o.k. :confused1: )

Yowza!

• Like 1