Menu

You Had Just One Job...

lmrich

We purchased a board game for Christmas.  I removed the plastic wrap from the box and opened it so we could start to play.  All of the pieces were there, but the game board was missing.  A new game is being shipped to us in 10-14 days.  I'm thankful for great customer service, but we were kind of looking forward to game night  on Christmas Day eve.   :lol:

• Like 9

Haha! We had calendar issues, too. My DH orders calendars every year for the grandparents. They're full of pictures of our family throughout the year. This year when we picked up the calendars a couple of the months had some other family's pictures. Also, some of the months had been put in upside down.

• Like 5

Haha! We had calendar issues, too. My DH orders calendars every year for the grandparents. They're full of pictures of our family throughout the year. This year when we picked up the calendars a couple of the months had some other family's pictures. Also, some of the months had been put in upside down.

Lol- I would've probably still given them out and not said anything simply to perplex them and see if they're paying attention. ;) 

Dh and I buy a new puzzle every move to keep us occupied until our stuff arrives.

The last one had multiples of pieces.  I ended up with one full puzzle, one third of one, and an extra bottom of another.  All the same picture.

All in the same box?!? That would have driven me to the brink of insanity.  :willy_nilly:

All in the same box?!? That would have driven me to the brink of insanity. :willy_nilly:

Oh, yes. Thankfully it was in color. I nearly went mad toward the middle of it though.. Dh has bought me a few that were truly fifty shades of grey. If it had been one of those I'm not sure it ever would have been finished.

• Like 1

our  kitchen wall calender this year had the week starting MONDAY instead of SUNDAY.  We have been confused about activities on Wednesday for the whole year. both of us obviously just look and the position of the notes on the calendar, not the actual day

I ordered a calendar from Amazon last year that was set up that way.  I gave it to one of my younger kids and immediately bought a different one.  It would have driven me crazy.

our kitchen wall calender this year had the week starting MONDAY instead of SUNDAY. We have been confused about activities on Wednesday for the whole year. both of us obviously just look and the position of the notes on the calendar, not the actual day

I have a planner with this format. I hated it at first but finally decided it was brilliant and Kia want every calendar in my house to use this format. Of course, if I did that, everyone else would be so confused.

• Like 1

our kitchen wall calender this year had the week starting MONDAY instead of SUNDAY. We have been confused about activities on Wednesday for the whole year. both of us obviously just look and the position of the notes on the calendar, not the actual day

I'm my experience this is how most of the non-English-speaking world arranges their calendars. We're the exception in starting our week with Sunday.

• Like 3

I once got a dictionary with no letter N. Very weird. They did replace it for me.

I got one of these in college. I got home from work at 11 one night and was working on a paper due early the next morning and I had to look up a word for spelling. I was so sleep deprived and I couldn't find the words beginning with the letter in the dictionary. I have vivid memories of sitting on my bed, crying while reciting the needed portions of the alphabet and just not understanding why I couldn't find it.

• Like 3

I don't understand? Is it because of the time of the year and lack of desire?

February is famous (or infamous) around here for being everyone's least favorite month for homeschooling. It's cold, the holidays are over, motivation is nil. :)

• Like 4

I got one of these in college. I got home from work at 11 one night and was working on a paper due early the next morning and I had to look up a word for spelling. I was so sleep deprived and I couldn't find the words beginning with the letter in the dictionary. I have vivid memories of sitting on my bed, crying while reciting the needed portions of the alphabet and just not understanding why I couldn't find it.

The visual of this is making me laugh. I'm sure it wasn't funny then.

• Like 2

I'm my experience this is how most of the non-English-speaking world arranges their calendars. We're the exception in starting our week with Sunday.

Something about resting on the 7th day... which would make Monday the 1st day. Unless you're Jewish, Muslim, etc.

I borrowed a copy of D'Aulaire's Greek Myths that repeated some of the myths and was missing others. The library had had that book for 2 decades or something. I still complained about it though... it's no fun being in the middle of a myth and then finding out you don't have the ending.

I also had a misprint of a Life of Fred book, where it suddenly skipped 2 books or so after a chapter. Story-wise it was a little weird, but not too out there, especially given that LOF is a little weird at times, but then math-wise it suddenly expected you to do multi-digit multiplication, after the book had just started teaching multiplication.

our  kitchen wall calender this year had the week starting MONDAY instead of SUNDAY.  We have been confused about activities on Wednesday for the whole year. both of us obviously just look and the position of the notes on the calendar, not the actual day

That's how all calendars are back home, and I find it makes a lot more sense than starting the week with the day of rest.

• Like 2

That's how all calendars are back home, and I find it makes a lot more sense than starting the week with the day of rest.

Especially since we call Saturday and Sunday together "the weekend".

Basically we have stuck with the Jewish calendar week while making Sunday our rest/worship day rather than Saturday.