Menu

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, prayed for a miracle for this young woman. One of the things that hit me in later life was that sometimes we miracle we want is not the miracle God provides.

There was a young man in town, a fireman, who developed pancreatic cancer and told he didn't have long to live. The community began praying for a miracle, began having bar-b-ques and other fundraisers in his name trying to raise money for treatment and for his family. His wife and two young daughters were surrounded by an outpouring of love in the community. Looking back, the miracle was that God showed his family that they were not alone and would not be alone, ever.

Hugs and prayers to you and your friend as you struggle with missing your friend.

What a beautiful thing you've shared, Heather! What a happy ending. No, it won't be easy for that husband or baby boy. But what a comfort to know your friend is safely Home. I pray her husband and son will join her one day.

Your post would be so special in a scrapbook or something for that little boy. Just a thought.

I pray that God will comfort you and your friend's family. It is never easy to say good-bye and when the one going is so young it seems especially hard.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I would love to tell you that God miraculously healed her and that she and her baby and her loving husband lived happily ever after. But I am even happier to tell you what really happened. In the final weeks of her life God worked a miracle...he called Christy's soul to Him and she accepted the gift of salvation.

Both my DH and I were in tears over this beautiful quote. I am so sorry that she passed away, but so glad she is with our Saviour. :grouphug:

it spoke to me and gave me hope.

It Is Not Death to Die

It is not death to die

To leave this weary road

And join the saints who dwell on high

Who’ve found their home with God

It is not death to close

The eyes long dimmed by tears

And wake in joy before Your throne

Delivered from our fears

O Jesus, conquering the grave

Your precious blood has power to save

Those who trust in You

Will in Your mercy find

That it is not death to die

It is not death to fling

Aside this earthly dust

And rise with strong and noble wing

To live among the just

It is not death to hear

The key unlock the door

That sets us free from mortal years

To praise You evermore

O Jesus, conquering the grave

Your precious blood has power to save

Those who trust in You

Will in Your mercy find

That it is not death to die

Original Words by Henri Malan (1787-1864). Translated by George Bethune (1847).

Music, Chorus and Alternate Words by Bob Kauflin.

© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI). Sovereign Grace Music, a division of Sovereign Grace Ministries.

From Come Weary Saints. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.

North American administration by Integrity Music. International administration by CopyCare International.

Heather, I thought a great deal about this woman while I was away in Switzerland. Her baby was born just days before I left, and you posted then, asking us to join you in praying for a miracle. I did that, and when I returned home, I scanned the board for an update. I didn't see any more news and assumed "no news is good news". Just this week I've meant to send you a note and ask how things are going and now...this news. I'm so terribly sad. I am grateful she died peacefully in her sleep, grateful her pain was brief, but I am frustrated and burdened, too. There are no words, really.

:grouphug:

It's through people like you and her other loved ones that she will continue to live..

I'm so sorry, especially for her family and precious little baby boy who will grow up without his mother.. :crying:

and tell you I am sorry for your friend's suffering and death. However, with you, I rejoice that she received Christ as Savior.

Some mothers are mothers for 30 years, some 2 hours, others.but the main thing I think is that we give our heart to the work we are called to do. This is what your friend gave to her child....a mother's heart to give life to her child. May we all continue to see our calling, even though temporary, to serve God and our children with wholehearted devotion, as this mother.

May this precious one..rise up and call her blessed:)

thank you for sharing.. and please be comforted in her loss.

God is Good and Still on His Throne.

Lovingly,

Lacy

Your words are just beautiful. It is obvious that you loved your friend. She was as blessed to have you in her life as you were to have her. Praise the Lord she can now be in Heaven with her Father. I weep for the baby that will never know the love of a mother who sacrificed so much to give her precious son life. I'm sure she has a special place in Heaven. :grouphug:

Heather,

I'm so sorry. This is such a touching tribute, though such a tragic story. I'm just so sorry for your loss and for the loss that Christy's husband and son will feel forever. :grouphug:

Except for a miracle.

I would love to tell you that God miraculously healed her and that she and her baby and her loving husband lived happily ever after. But I am even happier to tell you what really happened. In the final weeks of her life God worked a miracle...he called Christy's soul to Him and she accepted the gift of salvation.

She died peacefully, quietly, in her sleep. She was 29 years old and she leaves behind a beautiful 5 week old baby boy who is her mirror image...a little piece of her for those of us who will miss her.

The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Thank you so much to all of you who prayed with me for a miracle. Our prayers were answered and she's with our saviour now.

Heather, I am so thankful that I've taken time to catch up with the boards this morning after having just returned from a week of vacation. I have prayed for Christy *daily* since your initial request. The testimony you share here is, while so very bittersweet, absolutely beautiful. I know that comfort that comes from understanding when *God's* Kingdom purposes have been established in a loved one's life. My precious uncle received Christ as his Lord and Savior on the heels of his cancer diagnosis. The moment in one of his final days here on earth when I was able to say to him, "I'll see you *later*" was priceless to me because I understood that, without the cancer, I don't know that I'd have been able to say those words to him. I will continue to pray for Christy's family and friends who now face these days without her trusting all the while that God's precious peace will encompass all!