Menu

If you were getting a Harry Potter-themed tattoo, what would you get?

Ginevra

Amuse me. I have no tattoos, but I was thinking if I did just pull a mid-life-crisis and go get one, I would want something small that references HP, though not too obviously. Maybe a stylized Pheonix and some quote.

What would you think was cool?

• Like 1

Some of my favorite passages in the books come from Dumbledore - alas, some are very  long.

Like this: “I say to you all, once again -- in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.â€

But these two I might think about tattooing:

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.â€

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.â€

• Like 4

I've never read or seen HP, but I love seeing midlife crisis tattoos!

I'm shopping for my midlife crisis car.  I wanted something that only seated one, but all that gave me was a UPS van. I'm going to have to settle for something that seats two. And the passenger seat will be reserved for my purse. Or my fast food lunch.

Whatever you do, though, don't settle for a tattoo. I've watched a lot of Inkmasters and that never goes over well! :lol:

• Like 9

Mischief managed

I know someone who had this tattooed on her inner arm. It's pretty cool, but it doesn't have meaning beyond being from HP. :)

That sock, though...

• Like 1

I've never read or seen HP, but I love seeing midlife crisis tattoos!

I'm shopping for my midlife crisis car. I wanted something that only seated one, but all that gave me was a UPS van. I'm going to have to settle for something that seats two. And the passenger seat will be reserved for my purse. Or my fast food lunch.

Whatever you do, though, don't settle for a tattoo. I've watched a lot of Inkmasters and that never goes over well! :lol:

L-O-L!!! I'm totally bringing this up next time dh points out a convertible two-seater!

• Like 1

Oh goodness, so many options!

A wand with "my" patronus coming from it (an owl)
The Deathly Hallows
My house creature or crest
A sock
A lightning bolt
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good, and/or Mischief Managed (they'd make a nice set, depending on the locations)
A sorting hat
A snitch
Three quidditch goal posts and/or a broom

And of course, the most obvious...
A map of the London underground on my left knee ;)

This looks cool, it kind of combines a bunch of them. I'm not quite sure what the second A is supposed to be, though.

• Like 3

This looks cool, it kind of combines a bunch of them. I'm not quite sure what the second A is supposed to be, though.

It's a seahorse! :D

I'd consider a phoenix feather. Maybe a feather with a little bit of fire around the bottom? That sounds awful now that I said it out loud :p

Shave your head and have Voldemort's face tattooed on the back, Professor Quirrell-style.

I advise you do this after you are well established in your career, as it can make job interviews awkward.

(This is the same advice I gave my 17 year who was exploring the idea of surgery to make his ears look like those of an elf).

• Like 4

Some of my favorite passages in the books come from Dumbledore - alas, some are very  long.

Like this: “I say to you all, once again -- in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.â€

But these two I might think about tattooing:

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.â€

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.â€

My daughter has your first quote painted on her bedroom wall.  Your second quote is my favorite - I have that on the wall in our dedicated school room.

I don't have tattoos, but would get the Deathly Hallows if I were to get one.  I have it on my car's bumper.

• Like 3

Just found the source of the post, apparently the second A is supposed to be a dementor.

You win the internet today. I tried following links to find an answer but had no luck. All I could find was a blog which was not helpful and the person's instagram which had no description. A couple of my friends had guessed dementor.

• Like 1

You win the internet today. I tried following links to find an answer but had no luck. All I could find was a blog which was not helpful and the person's instagram which had no description. A couple of my friends had guessed dementor.

Well, that part of that tattoo is kinda ugly anyway. Who wants A dementor on their arm? Blech.

Dark Mark as well - just, no.

• Like 2

Well, that part of that tattoo is kinda ugly anyway. Who wants A dementor on their arm? Blech.

Dark Mark as well - just, no.

haha! Well, to each their own. It kinda looked like a blob and I wouldn't want a dementor on myself. I personally don't like the three hallows symbol much. I don't find it very aesthetically appealing.

• Like 1

Amuse me. I have no tattoos, but I was thinking if I did just pull a mid-life-crisis and go get one, I would want something small that references HP, though not too obviously. Maybe a stylized Pheonix and some quote.

What would you think was cool?Harry-Potter-Tattoos-EMGN12.jpeg

like this but smaller?

• Like 2

like this but smaller?

Yes, I like that one a lot. That is also the probable location; ideal in that it is easily covered when appropriateness dictates, but easily revealed if desired.

But smaller, yeah.

• Like 1