Menu

What is your favorite baked chicken recipe.

lynn

I like to debone breasts and thighs, cut into pieces and pound with a tenderizer.  I dip each of these pieces into milk and then into ground up cracker crumbs.  I fry in some coconut oil and sprinkle them with season salt.

You can either finish them up by baking or frying.  I normally fry til crispy on each side and transfer to a baking pan to finish as I have to make so many for a meal for my family.

This is a really yummy way to make chicken!

• Like 1

Honey mustard chicken.
Preheat oven to 350
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard (I have used any mustard I have on hand)
1 Tbl olive oil
A couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary if you have it. I have also used some Italian seasoning.
Arrange chicken in baking dish. Sometimes I sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Pour honey mustard over chicken.
Bake until done. Around 45 minutes. Probably less time if you are using deboned chicken.

Edited by kewb
  • Like 1

I like the Hellman's mayo one. It's on the website.

Basically, you mix mayo and parm, and spread it on dried-off chicken breasts, then cover with breadcrumbs (I use a little garlic in mine).

It's very moist and yummy.

Thanks for this! You just solved my dinner problem! I think this is what I'll do. Here is a recipe from the site Chris mentioned: Caesar-Crusted Chicken. There are also lots of other chicken recipes there.

High temp chicken- This is hands down the easiest and best roast chicken I have ever made. The kids ask for it regularly and we never have any leftovers. I make it at least once a week- super easy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/roast-chicken-rules#.ixLWZplyY

Seconding this!

We also love Deb's buttermilk chicken - http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/01/buttermilk-roast-chicken/

Requires some planning ahead, but super simple and delicious.

This is an oldie but goodie that my mom used to make, and that my family loves. Usually I use a whole chicken or equivalent for this. It works best if you cut larger chicken breasts in half. 

Melt a stick of butter in a jelly roll pan or other metal baking pan that has sides. 

Dredge chicken in flour that's been seasoned with salt and pepper.  Place chicken pieces around the pan.

Cut small-ish sized potatoes in half lengthwise and lay them flat side down in between the chicken pieces.  Use a lot of potatoes because they pick up the buttery chickeny flavor the family will be fighting over who gets the last one.

Bake at 350-375 until done. 

• Like 1

This was my favorite baked chicken. It's so easy and the kids always loved it. My youngest is so severely allergic to cinnamon that we can't have bbq sauce anymore. Someday I hope to have enough time to make my own bbq sauce from scratch, just to have this recipe again.

http://passionatepennypincher.com/2010/07/whats-for-dinner-crunchy-onion-barbecue-chicken/

Ruth

• Like 1

This recipe changed my life:

Chicken tenders

Ranch dressing

Bread crumbs

Dip chicken in ranch then breadcrumbs. Bake.

I've made this so many times. You can brush or spray with oil if you want. The kids won't notice or care.

ETA: 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1

This one is a favorite here--baked Panko Chicken Tenders. We've never actually made the accompanying sauce--we just eat them plain. There's smoked paprika in the panko mixture which is just yummy, and it's so flavorful that we can leave out the salt which we do as we follow a lowish sodium diet.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-panko-crusted-chicken-tenders-with-honey-bbq-dipping-sauce/

This recipe changed my life:

Chicken tenders

Ranch dressing

Bread crumbs

Dip chicken in ranch then breadcrumbs. Bake.

I've made this so many times. You can brush or spray with oil if you want. The kids won't notice or care.

ETA: 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes

This works with almond or pecan meal too. I bake on a rack so the bottom isn't soggy.

Can't beat a simple whole bird.  I just put some olive oil on top, salt, pepper and throw it in at 350 until 165 on the thermometer.  Sometimes I put a lemon inside. 

Another really good one is 40 clove garlic chicken.  Sounds crazy because you really do use 40 whole cloves of garlic, but it is so delicious.  And whole like that they give off a sort of sweet flavor. 

• Like 1

I bake bone-in, skin-on pieces (usually thighs or breasts) with lots of lemon, garlic and rosemary.

I also bake red skinned potatoes on the sheet tray with the chx.

I coat the chx and potatoes with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, S&P.

Bake at 375 until chx is done and potatoes are crispy, about 40 minutes, depending on the soze of chx pieces.

• Like 1

If I'm cooking a whole chicken, I spatchcock it... remove the back bone and flatten it.  It's pretty easy with kitchen shears.  Then I'll either let it sit in some Mojo seasoning (I buy premade Publix or Goya brand).... or just do kosher salt, pepper, onion, and garlic pepper. 

I like Pioneer Woman's spicy chicken legs, too.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/spicy-roasted-chicken-legs-recipe.html

Bone in or out?  Doesn't matter too much.

It's so ironic you posted this and I'm reading this tonight. 

A friend of mine made a recipe for baked chicken that I learned about 33 years ago.  Funny thing is I don't buy bone in anymore but found one in the frig.  I wonder if dh bought that 2 weeks ago when dd and I went to Wilmington for a getaway.

Anyway, I baked that chicken breast tonight for dinner using that recipe.

I immersed in milk and rolled in crushed potato chips and baked 1 hour.   He liked it! LOL!

Usually I use panko break crumbs and zested orange peel with crushed pecans.

I like the one where I drive to the store and get the hot baked chicken.

And then I bring it home and We3 stand at the counter and eat it with our bare hands. And what is left gets boiled for 2 hours and forms the basis for fabulous chicken soup.

:0)

We're currently obsessed with cutting chicken into nuggets, dipping in butter melted with garlic, and coating with breadcrumbs seasoned to our mood and mixed with random cheeses. (Parm is least messy and very tasty.) Bake for about 25 min.

Thanks, Carrie!  I just took these out of the oven a few minutes ago, and they are a HIT!  :drool:

• Like 1

Chicken diable

Put chicken is baking dish (I usually use boneless skinless breats but you can use any)

Melt 1/4 c sweet butter in pot. Add 1/2 c honey, 1/4 c Dijon mustard, 1 tsp curry powder and 1 tsp salt. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and bake 45 min. Uncover and cook 15 more. I cut the time when I use b/l breasts.

I'm so glad!  I worry sometimes when I try to give "recipes" that aren't exactly recipes, lol.

I know what you mean!  And *I* worry sometimes when I try "recipes" that aren't exactly recipes, but I decided that I could really go out on a limb (lol) and wing it w/out exact ingredient amounts.   :thumbup: