Menu

Poll: On what day of the week were your dc born?

On what day were your *non-induced* dc born? (You can pick more than one answer.)  

1. 1. On what day were your *non-induced* dc born? (You can pick more than one answer.)

• Sunday
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday

The day of the week that I was heard 'round the world screaming, "Get this kid OUTTA me!!!"?? Seriously, I know at least one or two were on Fridays because of inductions but beyond that it's all a blur up until I had a sweet, warm little body in the crook of my arms. :) Screaming in MY face! hehehe

DS1 was a Tuesday, DD1 was a Monday, DS2 was a Thursday and DD2 was a Wednesday. Just have to have 3 more to cover the weekend

I just reread and realized you said non-induced. DS2 was iinduced BUT my water broke a week before so I am leaving it as such. DS1 was a c-section, non-scheduled after my water broke so non-induced but helped along

THANK YOU!

I was just feeling embarrassed that I couldn't remember. When someone asks me that I have to turn to my husband...He knows.

Me neither. I know the 5yo was born on a weekday morning because his father went to work that day -- even took the then-2yo and dropped him off with the K teacher. (It was a little cottage school. They were happy to help. :tongue_smilie: )

I have no idea.

I'm impressed you guys remember!

I'm impressed you admitted that and didn't just Google! :D

Perpetual Calendar

Ask me why I know this? LOL! Well, I *thought* both my kids were born in Friday, but, alas -- such was not the case! My son was actually born just as Wednesday arrived. But he really *really* wanted to be here on Tuesday. :)

I wasn't there, but dd7 was born on Wednesday, and how appropriate, Wednesday's child is full of woe,

dd4 was born on Sunday, we think. Her day is estimated by the condition of her umbilical cord. But the child born on the Sabbath Day,

Is fair and wise and good in every way.

Dh & I were both born on Sunday also.

Is it a bad sign that I have absolutely no idea? I know they were not born on weekends....

I asked my husband...my oldest was born at about 2:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday

My middlest was born about 10:30 in the morning on a Monday.

And the little guy was born about 10:30 at night also on a Monday.

I voted even though I was not "supposed" to! My first dd was born on a Wednesday--my water broke, so everything started normal, but they did give me pitocin to get the contractions going (I did not initally have contractions).

My labor with my second dd was induced, but it was not a planned inducement (is that a word?). I had been dialated (2 cm) and effaced (70%) for 3 weeks. I had a regularly scheduled OB appointment, and I was going to ask if she could induce, but before I had the chance, she asked me if I wanted to. We both never expected me to last that long, as my first dd was 4 weeks early, but they were unable to figure out why. So that was a Friday when I went in, and I delivered on a Saturday.

The day of the week figures prominantly into DD's birth story, so I'm not likely to forget. I was 35 weeks pregnant and DH had one last out of town work assignment before I was due. He left the house Monday morning about 4:00 am to catch an early flight. At 4:30 I woke up in the early stages of labor. He always left a travel itinerary, except this time he forgot. (And this was in '96, before he had a cell phone.) So I called the airline to find out which flight he was on and was informed they couldn't give out passenger information. I had held it together admirably until then, but at the thought of not being able to get in touch with him started wailing, "But I'm going into labor!" At that point the customer service person put me on hold, and to her credit, paged DH at the gate where he was in line to board, and put him on the line, all without violating airline policy. Dh's response when I told him I was in labor, "Define labor." That's an engineer for you. Anyway, all was well and he got home in plenty of time to take me to the hospital.

DS was born on Thursday. I had to figure that out- DD and DS's birthdays are on the same day of the week, and since he was born in DD's 3rd year, that puts him born on Thursday.

Lawana

I guess those 3 day long labors where things like bleeding out critically with the first and having a crash c-section and reacting to the meds in a bad way totally threw the actual days on which they were born out of my memory!

I do know the date though, that has got to count for something? :smilielol5: