Menu

ThinkGeek.com

DawnM

I have looked at the site the last couple years, but just placed my first order there this season... and then ten days later, my second order... Various Minecraft, Firefly, and Dr. Who items. We just started watching Dr. Who, so the Tardis ornament was one of those items! One item from the first order arrived Friday, the rest from the first order are due to arrive today.

I've ordered from them in the past and have no complaints. Customer service is great, shipping is fast (getting it out that is - the rest is up to the shipping agent). We've been pleased with everything we ordered from there.

We didn't order anything this year. Ds wanted us to get the Weeping Angels tree topper but by the time he thought of it, they were sold out. I think I'll check back around spring or summer when people aren't thinking of that kind of thing, and order it then.

We're huge Think geek fans.  We have the Weeping Angel Tree topper, on our Whovian themed holiday tree.  Last year my kids got lots of various t-shirts from there,  This year my oldest got a Doctor Who shirt, pants and slippers.  I got my husband and Firefly ship schematic t-shirt, bought my daughter a t-shirt and two pairs of earrings, my youngest is getting a stress ball.  

Nothing but good things to say about them. 

I have been wanting to order from them for a while but finally got some things during their Black Friday sale. Most is for Christmas but today was older ds birthday and he got the chain mail bag of holding (for D&D dice), a 20 sided die that lights up when you get a 20, and a Darth Vader Bacon tshirt. I now have some points and a gift certificate to use and am going to get some more soon. There are some creative adult gifts and stocking stuffers that are a lot of fun.

This year we got a Tardis tea infuser for dd19 :D

Dd 16 is getting one of those also!  Along w/ a glow in the dark dr who tshirt that says "you don't know who I am" and when the lights go out it says "but you will".  All the kids are also getting dr.who pj pants, and other various goodies.  I love that place.

We do pajamas on Christmas Eve, and most years we have some kind of theme.  This year, they begged for a Doctor Who theme...so I bought them the blue Tardis lounge pants, and the blue Christmas shirt (reindeer pulling the Tardis through time and space.)  I also bought our oldest the blue Tardis sweater (Tardis on back, Union Jack on front.)  I could probably blow our entire budget for the older girls at TG...but I refuse LOL!

I just received an order from them and the minecraft magnets had fallen out of the package and were loose in the shipping box.  I currently have an email inquiry pending.

Oh, be sure to check walmart, I found the very same product that I ordered for almost $5 cheaper.

They just posted this on their facebook:

To our Friends, both old and new:

It's the holiday season and for many of you that means ordering gifts for yourselves and others. A great many of you have already received your orders from ThinkGeek and we hope that you enjoy them. That said, we also understand that there are those of you who have had issues and we want to take a moment to address them and let you know we're doing everything we can to make things right.

If you have received an item that is either incorrect or broken - Our resolution team would like you to contact them at tgholiday@thinkgeek.com. Please provide your name and order number in your email.

If your order is showing as shipped, but hasn't arrived or you haven't received a shipping notification - We recognize the urgency of the holiday season and are still working on shipping from our warehouse as quickly and efficiently as possible. Customers who were impacted by an issue we recently discovered were contacted already and we will resolve the status of their orders within the next 24 hours. If you need to make a change to your shipping information because of timing or travel plans, please contact us at with your name, order number and request at tgholiday@thinkgeek.com.

For those of you who have tried to contact customer service and experienced egregious wait times - we sincerely apologize. The above listed email (tgholiday@thinkgeek.com) exists outside of our standard customer service queue and goes directly to our escalation team. Our customer service management here at ThinkGeek HQ will contact you with a resolution within 24 hours.

In the end, we want to work with you to come to a solution that works best for you. If you have been affected by any of the challenges above, please contact us as soon as possible with your order number so that we may have the opportunity to make it right.

We know that this doesn't fix everything, but it is the first step in our plan prove to you that we are still the company that you trust us to be.

Mrs. Mungo, thank you for the info. I waited another 90 minutes to talk to someone today and was disconnect again. I sent them an email to that address. I still haven't heard from the previous emails to their usual customer service. Glad they at least acknowledge that things are messed up 8 ways to Sunday over there.

I appreciate having a new way to try to resolve this!!