Menu

The Immodesty Thread

nmoira

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I go to the laundry room to fetch clothes from the dryer or a hanger right after I get out of the shower. There may be some squirrels who have peeked through the little window in our back room and spotted me casually draped in only a towel. (You would think I would fetch things before my shower, but pre-coffee I don't do much thinking at all.)

True confession-- I have opened my front door to grab the mail while still in nothing but a towel. I think I was expecting some curriculum or something (it was a good story until we all found out the big rush was for curriculum--kinda sad, huh?)

My cleavage is one of my better physical features.

Guys don't typically notice my mind and humor first.

I like showing cleavage.

I have many regrets. None of them have to do with modesty.

This! I was sitting here thinking of the regrets I have, and there are many, but none of them have anything whatsoever to do with modesty.

And I forgot to add cleavage to my list. Just checked. Yup, showing cleavage.

I'm sure my cat thought it was hilarious.

If I'd been your neighbor, I'd have only *thought* about posting it to YouTube. :tongue_smilie:

No, No, it can't be over! Can't we still accept entries?????

Faith

It ain't over until I sing.

No, No, it can't be over! Can't we still accept entries?????

Faith

I've been saving my really good stories. Not sure I have the nerve to post them. Don't want them to come back to me irl.

I told my sister, when she was fussing about who would or would not be in the delivery room, that by the time you go through 40 weeks of appointments, the last trimester of increasing discomfort, and 10-20 hours of labor when it is time you do not give a damn who is in the room as long as someone who knows what they are doing is in position to catch.

Between delivery and a couple years of Bug trying to expose my breasts at every opportunity I think I can safely dub Motherhood the ultimate creator of immodest moments.

I told my sister, when she was fussing about who would or would not be in the delivery room, that by the time you go through 40 weeks of appointments, the last trimester of increasing discomfort, and 10-20 hours of labor when it is time you do not give a damn who is in the room as long as someone who knows what they are doing is in position to catch.

Between delivery and a couple years of Bug trying to expose my breasts at every opportunity I think I can safely dub Motherhood the ultimate creator of immodest moments.

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I've been told that it's most often during a first pregnancy or birth that a couple's bathroom door ceases to be always closed when occupied. At least until they start closing it again to lock the kids out.

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I've been told that it's most often during a first pregnancy or birth that a couple's bathroom door ceases to be always closed when occupied. At least until they start closing it again to lock the kids out.

I can believe that.

When you have to pee every 15 minutes who has time to waste on door closing.

Absolutely. Once when my oldest child was a teensy baby, he feel asleep on my lap after nursing and started making those cute little grins little ones do in their sleep. I quickly whipped out my cell phone, snapped a photo, and promptly sent it to my husband, my mother, and a couple of friends. What I didn't realize in my new-momma moment, all beside myself with warm fuzzies over his little smiles, was that my entire breast--nipple and all--was in the photo, too. I was at home and wasn't bothering to be discrete about nursing, and in my haste to snap a photo I completely forgot to snap up the 'ol nursing bra. Now my husband asks "yeah, but where's the boob?" Every time I send him a picture of a little one on my lap. :glare:

Definitely true.

This! And yes, it seemed that during my labors/deliveries, there were so many people I'd never seen coming in and out and since they were all in some sort of medical-type uniform, I figured it was a good thing since they should know how to catch :)

This. My first delivery included Dr., nurse, my mom, my sister, my sister's friend (??), and my DH in the room.

Second delivery, Dr., Student Dr., nurse, nurse/midwife, neo-natal resuscitation team (6 or 7 people - not necessary afterall, thank goodness!!), and my DH.

Really. I have NOTHING left to hide - except fat rolls and cellulite. :laugh:

Absolutely. Once when my oldest child was a teensy baby, he feel asleep on my lap after nursing and started making those cute little grins little ones do in their sleep. I quickly whipped out my cell phone, snapped a photo, and promptly sent it to my husband, my mother, and a couple of friends. What I didn't realize in my new-momma moment, all beside myself with warm fuzzies over his little smiles, was that my entire breast--nipple and all--was in the photo, too. I was at home and wasn't bothering to be discrete about nursing, and in my haste to snap a photo I completely forgot to snap up the 'ol nursing bra. Now my husband asks "yeah, but where's the boob?" Every time I send him a picture of a little one on my lap. :glare:

When my oldest was a few weeks old, I was nursing him in a bedroom at a family dinner function. DH came up to check on us, and DS, while still latched on, started "flipping off" DH. It was hilarious, we took a picture, and it wasn't until we went back downstairs and started showing the picture around that we realized we captured a bit more than DS's cute middle finger! Good thing for grainy non-smartphone cell phone cameras! I don't have that pic anymore, wish I did.

I had 5 extra nurses come in to observe one of my deliveries.

They had never seen a natural birth before.

Never?!?! That would not make anyone blink an eye here. (But I'm pretty near Portland myself, and may or may not have done some or even most of the things on nmoira's list.) And I'm with you, from your previous post. They could have paraded the janitor, the lunch line, and the pedestrians on the street through the room, and I doubt I'd have noticed or cared that my nether regions were hanging out there for all to see. I was BUSY!

I was in a sorority in college, so I wore more than my fair share of immodest outfits back in the day. The difference is that I *DO* regret wearing them now that I have grown in my Christian faith. I was very insecure about going from a star student to just middle-of-the-pack and latched on to a new identity as "hot sorority chick". If I'd had more self-confidence, I wouldn't have felt the desire to dress so provocatively.

It's not too late for you to reinterpret those memories. Rather than letting your religion convince you to feel regret, you can interpret it as spreading your wings, finding yourself, trying new things, making mistakes, getting messy (wait, was that Ms. Frizzle speaking in my head just now?). The point is, you can enjoy who you were while you enjoy who you are now, more. No one should feel pressure to condemn themselves for a crime they never committed.

:)

Never?!?! That would not make anyone blink an eye here. (But I'm pretty near Portland myself, and may or may not have done some or even most of the things on nmoira's list.) And I'm with you, from your previous post. They could have paraded the janitor, the lunch line, and the pedestrians on the street through the room, and I doubt I'd have noticed or cared that my nether regions were hanging out there for all to see. I was BUSY!

I was surprised as well when they asked.

I thought it spoke volumes about the attitude in the area about many maternity matters.

I think I told them, "the more the merrier"! :p

It wasn't until I thought about it afterwards that I realized that I was laying, completely naked, on the table for my c-sections. For awhile, at least.

those things just don't cross your mind at the time.

I also, when in labor with Link, allowed them to parade in interns and everything else when they checked everything. Eh, whatever, they have to learn, right? :lol:

Though I did love it when, during my c/s with Pink, one of the nurses came up and said, 'KARA?! Do you remember me? It's _____!!' Yeah, we knew each other as kids.

Talk about great timing. ;) :lol:

Love this thread. I don't think I've liked this many posts all in one thread. Around here all I ask is that people please try to remember to keep their clothes on when guests are around. You want to change in the living room (or hunt down some clothes in the morning)? Have at it my dears - just please, for the love of Pete, try not to do that when Grandma and Grandpa are here.

Bathroom doors? They are never closed. At this point I'm kind of wondering "why bother?" We have one bathroom and it's the smallest room in the house. With the five of us and a golden retriever it can get a bit crowded, but it's far preferable to people pounding on the door. *sigh*

As for myself, I like v-necks and have at least one that is a tad on the lower side. I wear sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps, and have nursed in public without a cover and have likely had my share of nipple slips in Target. Meh. It's just a nipple.

Bathroom doors? They are never closed. At this point I'm kind of wondering "why bother?" We have one bathroom and it's the smallest room in the house. With the five of us and a golden retriever it can get a bit crowded, but it's far preferable to people pounding on the door. *sigh*

You have bathroom doors?? Wow you are really uptown!

I had to have breast surgery a few years ago. There were doctors and lots of student doctors involved. I felt like everyone in the hospital had seen my boobs.

Currently, the a/c is not working. I am sitting here in my bra and shorts waiting to use the shower. Although it is hot in here, my son decided to have a super hot shower and the bathroom is like a sauna, so I'm waiting a bit.

When I was in college, I pretty much just wandered naked around my apartment in the summer. It took me awhile to fully realize that all those people that passed by the sliding glass doors could see me just as well as I could see them. Honestly, it's a miracle I didn't get arrested. But it was hot that summer! And so was I, I was nineteen. Flaunt it while you've got it. ;)

Yesterday I spent the day in a dress so low-cut that I showed as much underboob as topboob. ;) The push-up bra added to the whole picture. The rest of the dress was quite tasteful, very fifties.

I've gone to the grocery store more than once this summer in shorts, a bikini top, and a sheer tank.

When I was about eighteen, the amount of places that boyfriend-at-the-time and I got it on in the public library was positively shameful.

If we are talking college indiscretions, I went to a small southern school that had not yet installed a/c in the dorms.

The higher you were in the girls' dorm, the less clothing you wore on the floor.

Top floor, clothing optional.

:p

It is July. In the Midwest. We have no modesty here. Just, no. I wear short shorts and a tank top every day for 3 months of the year. I'm a mom of 2 with giant geek glasses. I have no curves and I don't think I own a hairbrush. No one lusts for me. It's okay. :D

ETA: You know those signs that say, "No shirt, no shoes, no service?" Around here (I am not kidding) you will often see an added "no pants." Seriously. Welcome to the river, where a bathing suit is casual-wear.

You have bathroom doors?? Wow you are really uptown!

Of course! Though, you know we had to pay extra. Silly me, who knew I could have bought more coffee if we had skipped it. But, when it comes to one's social status, sometimes you just gotta go for it.

Didn't you? ;)

I've had enough with the modesty.

I have nursed in public and never once covered up. Half of Portland has caught a flash of flesh. And survived.

same, 4 kids, never covered up.

I've had a hickey. Maybe two, no more. Didn't cover them up.

me too, though not since I was a teen

I only look down (around strangers) because I have mild social anxiety, not out of modesty. Get me annoyed and I will look you in the eye. And even speak.

ditto

The Replacements song "Kiss Me on the Bus"? Lived it. Briefly. Moved on.

I have worn a bikini. A tank top. Spaghetti straps. Gone braless. Commando.

before kids I would walk around town in a bikini top and short shorts, wore mini skirts, ran across a foot bridge in my bra on a dare. Also had Tea time outdoors in areas I could have been caught in

I have been intoxicated in public, and still get occasionally tipsy on shamefully little alcohol.

My only in public was in the bars at 18-19. My room mate and I had 4 bars we were regulars at. We had weekly limos to ladies night at them, walk in the door get handed another package with free limo, free drinks etc. All 4 bars, every week for months (until I got knocked up lol) So not only did I get drunk but I stared at male strippers

And I'm not ashamed of any of it.

There. I feel better.

Minor typos fixed.

answers in red lol Today I was in a tank top then I had a long soak in the tub and now in a cami and sleeveless shirt unbuttoned on top. That is only on because the kids have friends over and I don't want to embarass them.

I have given birth, prematurely, in several teaching hospitals (which means tons of dr's and interns etc) and on the side of the road (in an ambulance but those back windows are not tinted nearly enough. I am sure half the city has seen my girly bits and I highly doubt any of them were thinking, oh look, it's a nekkid chick let's do her.

We walk from room to room in our undies while getting ready to go out, I think I spend the first part of everyday yelling "junk!" or "boobs!" to remind them to at least cover with hands if they want to run to the bathroom for a shower right after waking up (the 2 oldest prefer to sleep nude). Bathroom door is usually only shut if we have guests. Although it fell off the top hinges last night, so even though we have guests right now there is no door(have wood fill drying in the holes to redrill them), so instead now people just aren't allowed on that side of teh house unless they check with me to be sure no one is using it first.

The kids hear the tales of when I was a teen and dd13 announced yesterday "Mom you used to be so cool! now you are just old and stuff, and like lots of clothes and boring things"

Well, I will admit... I'm a very curvy woman. When I was younger I didn't have much self-confidence. It was the grunge era and oh-so-easy to cover everything in shapeless, soulless sacks. If I'd had more self-confidence, I wouldn't have dressed so schlumpily-frumpily.

When I grew more in my selfhood, I realized that I had every reason to have confidence, walk proud and wear things that showed my ab.so.lute.ly fabulous curves. My breasts are real, and they. are. spectacular. I am glad I have the self-confidence to be able to dress to highlight the cleavage of my twin glories. Sometimes, it's just a hint, and sometimes I rock those bad girls out there with a vengeance. But, I can do that, and be very happy with myself as a person because I have no repressed shame hindering me.

I remember one absolutely glorious Spring day in Berkeley back in '79—after what had been a particulary gray, cold, and gloomy winter—when I headed up the sloping lawn of the Greek Theater to sunbathe (nude). The radiance of the sun on my body was especially welcome after the long absence. At some point I dozed off, but when I awoke I noticed a positively ancient (at least to a 21 year old college student's eyes) but quite lovely woman on a blanket near me, getting some sun herself (clothed).

I was momentarily a little embarrassed, but her face flushed with the warmest smile.

She told me how she'd been a student at Cal back in the 1920s, that she and her friends also used to sunbathe (nude) in Greek Theater, and how she "was absolutely delighted that Berkeley students had not lost their sense of freedom."

It was a great moment :D

Bill

I remember one absolutely glorious Spring day in Berkeley back in '79—after what had been a particulary gray, cold, and gloomy winter—when I headed up the sloping lawn of the Greek Theater to sunbathe (nude). The radiance of the sun on by body was especially welcome after the long absence. At some point I dozed off, but when I awoke I noticed positively ancient (at least to a 21 year old college student's eyes) but quite lovely woman on a blanket near me, getting some sun herself (clothed).

I was monetarily a little embarrassed, but her face flushed with the warmest smile.

She told me how she'd been a student at Cal back in the 1920s, that she and her friends also used to sunbathe (nude) in Greek Theater, and how she "was absolutely delighted that Berkely students had not lost their sense of freedom."

It was a great moment :D

Bill

From the files of Penthouse Forum...

I was in a sorority in college, so I wore more than my fair share of immodest outfits back in the day. The difference is that I *DO* regret wearing them now that I have grown in my Christian faith. I was very insecure about going from a star student to just middle-of-the-pack and latched on to a new identity as "hot sorority chick". If I'd had more self-confidence, I wouldn't have felt the desire to dress so provocatively.

Huh, I was in a sorority too. The sorority girls at my university didn't dress any different than anyone else on campus.

I'm 6'1 and I wear short-shorts during the summer - that's like 4 feet of exposed leg! 8 feet if you add them both.

I nurse my 3yo in public all the time AND in front of my FIL!

My 3yo runs naked through the house all the time - if you are not looking for a NatGeo moment - don't come over - I only ask that he not go out front!

All of my swimsuits and my dds swimsuits and all of swimsuits everywhere are so tight you can see every curve that every woman has!

I once wore a dress so tight and short that I should have just worn a bikini - it would have been less revealing. I reveled in the attention I got.

My friend nursed in Church -- a lot. 5 kids. Probably 2 years each. The best was the time that she did it while speaking from the pulpit (giving a 'communion meditation' -- but *not* about craving pure spiritual milk like a newborn babe). It really wasn't that unexpected by that point.

From the files of Penthouse Forum...

In the way back, a supposed "friend" of mine posted my email to #hottub on IRC. A man whom I still correspond with occasionally sent me, unsolicited, a story he'd been working on. One of those stories. Ugh, it was terrible. I corrected his grammar and a number of anatomical and physiological misperceptions and sent it back. Talk about grateful. :rofl:

I was monetarily a little embarrassed, but her face flushed with the warmest smile.

That would be due to lack of pockets I hope.

In the way back, a supposed "friend" of mine posted my email to #hottub on IRC. A man whom I still correspond with occasionally sent me, unsolicited, a story he'd been working on. One of those stories. Ugh, it was terrible. I corrected his grammar and a number of anatomical and physiological misperceptions and sent it back. Talk about grateful. :rofl:

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!

:hurray: :lol:

I love it.

Let's see....

-I wear tank tops, cami tops, spaghetti straps..and I pretty much never wear a bra unless it's to church or work (and I'm currently working PT for the first time in 8 years so...).

-I wore a bikini before my last two kids were born, and I wore a bikini when we were in Florida and I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest (and trust me, there was no cute little preggo belly).

-I nursed all three of my kids...in public...without a cover because all three hated them (two were summer babies, it was just too hot for a blanket). I once nursed walking around a furniture store with a sales person and dh didn't even realize I was nursing.

-I also have social anxiety and people assume I'm stuck-up but my oldest still talks about the time I stood up for her, screaming and cursing at someone, and it was 10 years ago.

-I've been intoxicated in public and definitely get tipsy WAY too easily. Total light-weight.

-Bathroom doors hardly ever shut around here and the bathroom is directly off the living room. Although my youngest is at the stage of laughing, pointing "HA HA BOOBIES!" which I can do without.

-I was even in a sorority but I think we were the geeks, so no sexy dressing then.

-Most of my public tipsiness, bikini wearing, adventurous times happened when I was in my early 30's, between marriages, when I was dating a 22 year old.

-Many things I regret, but none of the above.

This is definitely the truth. All three of mine were delivered at the same teaching hospital so doctors, nurses, interns, residents, volunteers and who knows who else. After the deliveries, the lactation nurses come and fondle your breasts for you. Yeah, no modesty left. :laugh:

You can unclench and enjoy being "hot" with confidence, rather than feeling shame over it.

I feel hot now, but it has to do wiith more than just looks and I feel beautiful without feeling the need to show it off, that is the difference between being 20 years old and 30.

I'm not immodest, but not really modest by most standards. I'm pretty run of the mill I suppose. But I don't feel the need to mock those who feel called to more strident modesty, to each his own.