Menu

The Immodesty Thread

nmoira

Just in the last couple of weeks I wore a halter-style dress with no bra. To a wedding, no less. I got a ton of compliments - the bride especially loved it.

I mow my yard in shorts and a sports bra.

In the summer I often just wear underwear and a tank top around the house, and I don't even close the bathroom door when I shower in the summer because it gets too hot.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshwater lakes are quite nice, too...

Yes, and since this is a public forum I won't regale you with the story! Suffice it to say, modesty is not an option at 1:00 a.m. on your anniversary, on a deserted beach in Petoskey Mi, tucked away amongst the sand dunes with the waters of Lake Michigan lapping about you.

The Great Lakes....MANY reasons to come visit! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Faith - whose membership in the nice, wholesome mommy club is probably going to be revoked now that the truth comes out, but who is soooooooooooooo glad to know she's not the only one with such tendancies.

Back when I lived in a dorm I sometimes forgot to take my towel to the shower. One day I was streaking back to my room when my wet feet slipped on the linoleum hall floor. My butt made a loud crash as I landed. All these doors down the hallway popped open as people looked to see what made the crash. . . :blushing: Oh well!

Best thread in a long, long time! :hurray:

No modesty here. I go for comfort only. If it's a no make up day, that's because I feel that way. Sleeveless, shorts, bikinis... It's all fair game. Looking down when meeting strangers sounds like something out of Clan of the Cave Bear, blech.

I grew up in an artist community, what can I say? There are some less than modest paintings of me out there floating around. I do believe more than my shoulders were bared. My name is not attached to them, and frankly, even if it were, I would have no regrets. I went to college in the desert. It was hot. My field involved hiking out in the desert - and I dressed for comfort [gasp!]. Hot springs are best enjoyed in the moonlight, without sweaty clothes, after a day of hiking.

DH and I have vacationed at a clothing optional beach. I'm not saying which option we chose. :tongue_smilie:

Oh good grief... My entire family has been naked in ALL of the Great Lakes as well as most of the little lakes in Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Although Petoskey is too stony for me to loll about nude in too much.

My favorite skinny dipping story is the day my family was creeping into the lake naked while another family was creeping out nude about 100 yards away. Hey, you hit 100 up here and we Michiganians WILT. And whatever body of water looks cool and enticing beckons...

We just tossed the family a little sheepish wave and they tossed back the same. :laugh:

I was in a sorority in college, so I wore more than my fair share of immodest outfits back in the day. The difference is that I *DO* regret wearing them now that I have grown in my Christian faith. I was very insecure about going from a star student to just middle-of-the-pack and latched on to a new identity as "hot sorority chick". If I'd had more self-confidence, I wouldn't have felt the desire to dress so provocatively.

This post bothered me a bit yesterday because this thread isn't about regret. We've all done things we regret, some of them things we can't make right. But it sounds like you're mixing up a number of issues here. "Hot sorority chick" is about as far from my experience as one can get (I was the one dressed in black... you know her, right?), but maybe you wanted so badly to belong to this group a bit of yourself was lost in it for a time, to the point your studies suffered. Most of us have been there too. I'm sure you are aware of this, but it is quite possible to get good grades despite dressing, at least occasionally, in what you would consider to be a provocative manner.

I have found this thread highly amusing and vastly entertaining. However I would likely retitle it 'The Human Thread'. Honestly pretty much all of what everyone has so generously shared here veers off into the complex, ambiguous and wildly delicious realm of simply being human.

And, as an aside, every time nmoira responds to someone's 'nm' with a comment on the sensuality of those letters my poet's heart swoons over such creative intelligence...

We found the not rocky part of that beach. Like the location of an excellent trout fishing hole, I refuse to disclose it's wearabouts! :lol:

Faith

There are lots of little coves in that area and right off a state park up that little peninsula 5 minutes north of Petoskey is a beach we drive to once a year in early September just to swim naked before winter sets in about 3 weeks later...

Or you can drive another hour north and hit that awesome cave that looks like it came out of LOTR...

You gave away all your likes like a whore.

Too much? It sounds really funny in my head.

I can't "like" this. So not fair!

Faith - whose membership in the nice, wholesome mommy club is probably going to be revoked now that the truth comes out, but who is soooooooooooooo glad to know she's not the only one with such tendancies.

I kinda had the same thought just before I hit 'add reply' last night. You're in a new club now....maybe the naughty wholesome mommy club? idk

Well, I whored out all my likes, too, so I'll just have to leave you a :lol:

We have very lax rules on clothes around the farm (as in, they're optional) anyway, but in honor of this thread, I'm going to wear a tank top with teensy braided straps and nothing but a cami underneath out to run errands today. There will be cleavage.

I kinda had the same thought just before I hit 'add reply' last night. You're in a new club now....maybe the naughty wholesome mommy club? idk

My next thought was that I'll find out if I have any irl stalkers reading my posts. That could be a good thing.

Channeling my inner Pollyanna: Wholesome is in the heart, not the hemline. It's all good. :)

And your point is? If threads on a particular topic annoy you, then scroll on by them. Especially if they are clearly labeled "CC" if you are not a Conservative Christian...

If this thread is on a topic that annoys you, scroll on by it.

Seriously....why post in a thread about immodesty if it bugs you?

And CC means, in common usage, "Christian Content", not Conservative Christian.

Ooooooooh....this will help those fingers hit the one star button.

My boob actually popped out the side of a tank top once...at college...and because of the weird pressure of my backpack strap, I didn't realize it until a MALE FRIEND told me about it.

What a guy...he said he was enjoying it but thought I needed to know.

One star! One star! One star!

LOL! Similar incident while flying a kite while intoxicated, wearing a bikni. Nice fella I'd just met informed me of the issue while blushing. Ooops. Oh well, half the human race has those things, not a big deal. I imagine he's seen one before :)

And yes, I nurse in public, had a big party during my homebirth with all my girlfriends while i walked around nekkid, have skinny dipped, and done things in public that I shouldn't have. On the beach, in the Bahams, to be specific :)

I was in a sorority in college, so I wore more than my fair share of immodest outfits back in the day. The difference is that I *DO* regret wearing them now that I have grown in my Christian faith. I was very insecure about going from a star student to just middle-of-the-pack and latched on to a new identity as "hot sorority chick". If I'd had more self-confidence, I wouldn't have felt the desire to dress so provocatively.

I can assure you my tank tops and shorts are not provacative, nor hot. It is hot outside though, which is why I wear them. I think Jesus knows it is hot out.

Nmoria, your likes are back!

There is a cheeky, risqué joke or two here................

Alas only two, and now they're all whored out again.

If everybody had Great Lakes

Like in the Eastern Upper Mid-West,

They'd know for Skinny Dipping

That the Third Coast's the Best!

You'd catch 'em stripping at Sand Point,

Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive,

At the Rawley Point Lighthouse

On a Nude Bicycle Ride.

At Wisconsin's Neshotah, 

And in Ontario.

For great Skinny Dipping

It's where you wanna go!

We'll plan the disrobing,

Cause we don't want a (h)itch,

When we're on a Naked Safari,

And we're not wearing a stitch

We'll start our adventure,

At the Sleeping Bear Dunes,

We've got no luggage

So we don't need a room,

Just an old rucksack 

To gather Petoskey stones,

We're going Skinny Dipping

Across two Time Zones.

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Then over the border,

Where they know how to play,

On the fine sands of Sauble 

Stark naked all day!

At the Oval in Saugatuck

Out at Bayfeild Main

Those naked, naked good-vibes

May just drive us insane.

Then all over Door County

and out at Presque Isle 

Go Skinny Dipping

It'll make you Smile

~with deep apologies to Chuck Berry, the Beach Boys,

and everything in this world that is good and decent :D

Bill

If everybody had Great Lakes

Like in the Upper Mid-West,

They'd know for Skinny Dipping

That the Third Coast's the Best!

You'd catch 'em stripping at Sand Point,

Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive,

At the Rawley Point Lighthouse

On a Nude Bicycle Ride.

At Wisconsin's Neshotah,

And in Ontario.

For great Skinny Dipping

It's where you wanna go!

We'll plan the disrobing,

Cause we don't want a (h)itch,

When we're on a Naked Safari,

And we're not wearing a stitch

We'll start our adventure,

At the Sleeping Bear Dunes,

We've got no luggage

So we don't need a room,

Just an old rucksack

To gather Petoskey stones,

We're going Skinny Dipping

Across two Time Zones.

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Eastern-Central, USA

Then over the border,

Where they know how to play,

On the fine sands of Sauble

Stark naked all day!

At the Oval in Saugatuck

Out at Bayfeild Main

Those naked, naked good-vibes

May just drive us insane.

All over Door County

and at Presque Isle

Go Skinny Dipping

It'll make you Smile

~with deep apologies to Chuck Berry, the Beach Boys,

and everything in this world that is good and decent :D

Bill

:hurray: :hurray: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

Hip, Hip Hooray for Bill, our resident Poet Laureate!

Oh my goodness, Bill...you are killing me! I was laughing so hard the tears were coming down my cheeks and my 16 year old male child approached, "What's so funny mom?"

I nearly chocked to death trying to spit out, "Nothing you'd actually want to know about son."

Good golly, if he knew what I'd posted or what tickled my funny bone so much, he'd probably curl up an die!

Faith

On a Nude Bicycle Ride.

While my DH and I were dining in Thessaloniki, Greece one summer's evening, we saw a whole bunch of naked bike riders. And then, a few days later while lunching in Rome, we saw another large group of naked bike riders. That doesn't happen in Georgia. (at least the state Georgia. I have never been to the country Georgia, so I will not comment on the lack or presence of naked bike riding groups. Although, I have heard that there are naked bike riders in San Francisco.)

While my DH and I were dining in Thessaloniki, Greece one summer's evening, we saw a whole bunch of naked bike riders. And then, a few days later while lunching in Rome, we saw another large group of naked bike riders. That doesn't happen in Georgia. (at least the state Georgia. I have never been to the country Georgia, so I will not comment on the lack or presence of naked bike riding groups. Although, I have heard that there are naked bike riders in San Francisco.)

Who would notice? :D

Bill

It's done in Portland. We shamelessly appropriate naked and pantless traditions from around the globe.

She told me how she'd been a student at Cal back in the 1920s

It was a great moment :D

The most passionate lover I ever had :D

Now I have Cat Steven's beautiful voice in my head, "If you want to sing out, sing out! And if you want to be free, be free. 'Cause there's a million things to be. You know that there are."

http://youtu.be/DDXCjLRYgMc

So thank you.

Everyone should have a "most passionate lover."

Now I have Cat Steven's beautiful voice in my head, "If you want to sing out, sing out! And if you want to be free, be free. 'Cause there's a million things to be. You know that there are."

http://youtu.be/DDXCjLRYgMc

So thank you.

Everyone should have a "most passionate lover."

I love that movie.

And in your head, does it sound like a high school production of Scarlet Letter (or that old Christy tv series [which I love, lest anyone think I'm criticizing])? Hooooooooor!

Thank goodness the kid is at summer camp, because I suspect I'm going to spend most of today shouting Hooooooor! at random intervals.

And in your head, does it sound like a high school production of Scarlet Letter (or that old Christy tv series [which I love, lest anyone think I'm criticizing])? Hooooooooor!

Thank goodness the kid is at summer camp, because I suspect I'm going to spend most of today shouting Hooooooor! at random intervals.

In your best Brian Blessed voice?

See, I'd be fine with a nudist beach, but I'd sunburn so badly it wouldn't be funny.

I live in the south and wear long sleeves in the summer to help protect my arms from the sun.

Norwegian heritage doesn't do well in the south.

Can I be a nudist in spirit?

I called dh and told him I was officially OUTED from the wholesome mommy club and now a member of the exclusive Naughty,Naughty Mommy club where we whore out our Likes!

After a brief pause where he attempted to wrap his intellect around what this could possibly mean, he asked, "So, ahem...what will you be wearing when I get home?"

"More than you'd like. We have no social events scheduled for the boys. I supposed you could bring home pizza, leave it on the picnic table, and we could lock them outside when the rush the box!"

The disappointment was palpable.

As if on cue (seriously, no prompting from me) ds, the 16 year old, put the Beach Boys "Kokomo" on pandora. He's running around singing it in his naive, but oh so lovely, tenor voice and all I can do about it is snicker, and keep my coffee cup away from the computer.

Good golly, I needed this today! What fun!!!!

Faith

I have spent all kinds of naked time in hot tubs and hot springs and saunas. (Nmoira, is Inner City Hot Springs still operating in Portland?) I have skinny dipped and patronized nude beaches.

I have owned a black pleather corset and worn it in public.

I used to have a shirt that my friend dubbed "the 'Rivka is a mammal! shirt', because the level of cleavage it displayed seriously left no doubt.

I have walked someone on a collar and leash in view of consenting-to-view-that-sort-of-thing adults.

I have... hmm, never mind. I think I'll leave that one out.

...Okay, and that one.

It used to be a lot easier to show off my cleavage, which is pretty spectacular, when I was only a DD. Now that I'm permanently a GG or an H (post-nursing) I find that I just need too much support to wear most revealing tops.

I called dh and told him I was officially OUTED from the wholesome mommy club and now a member of the exclusive Naughty,Naughty Mommy club where we whore out our Likes!

After a brief pause where he attempted to wrap his intellect around what this could possibly mean, he asked, "So, ahem...what will you be wearing when I get home?"

"More than you'd like. We have no social events scheduled for the boys. I supposed you could bring home pizza, leave it on the picnic table, and we could lock them outside when the rush the box!"

As if on cue (seriously, no prompting from me) ds, the 16 year old, put the Beach Boys "Kokomo" on pandora. He's running around singing it in his naive, but oh so lovely, tenor voice and all I can do about it is snicker, and keep my coffee cup away from the computer.

Faith

Too funny :lol:

And Kokomo? That's crazy Seren(skinny)dipity :D

Bill

Faith

I had to read this in stages, fighting to catch my breath before moving on.

Thanks. We need more fun around here. :tongue_smilie:

Guest inoubliable

In your best Brian Blessed voice?

Brian Blessed woke me up this morning. Called me a strumpet.

I was pleased.