Menu

The Immodesty Thread

nmoira

Brian Blessed woke me up this morning. Called me a strumpet.

I was pleased.

I have that app!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned a black pleather corset and worn it in public.

OK, that I've never done before.

Although, when I think about it, there was one Halloween when I was bar-tending back in college days at a fern-bar on the Oakland/Berkely line (with a decidedly mixed clientele) wearing a very pretty pink satin dress that was just a tiny bit too small to be moving in quite as fast as I needed to be on that jam-packed night.

The thing started tearing and got more and more revealing as the evening wore on (and having injested some mushrooms I just did not care).

Tips were great that night! :D

Bill (not generally a cross-dresser ;))

I was living overseas. My friends and I headed out of town to celebrate someone's birthday at some pond/swamp. There were others there having picnics, too. We got drunk, as was usual for us and this part of the world. My friend and I decided to go for a swim. Naturally, we wore our birthday suits. Well, it was definitely more swamp than pond. The water was very shallow, so we couldn't really submerge ourselves as we had hoped. We got slimy plants all over ourselves.

Although, when I think about it, there was one Halloween when I was bar-tending back in college days at a fern-bar on the Oakland/Berkely line (with a decidedly mixed clientele) wearing a very pretty pink satin dress that was just a tiny bit too small to be moving in quite as fast as I needed to be on that jam-packed night.

The thing started tearing and got more and more revealing as the evening wore on (and having injested some mushroom I just did not care).

Bill, you hussy, you. You can participate in the annual ceremonial rushing of the pizza box.

I am going to admit that I had to google fern bar. And, since I was brought up in this thread, I was a little nervous google-ing it. However, it was extremely tame, especially for this thread.

Fern bar is innocuous. It was a nice place filled with Victorian furniture, plants, phony-Tiffany lamps, that sort of thing. We had a grand piano, and had jazz combos. The actual "bar" was mahogany, and had been rescued from one of the Crocker Mansions. It was beautiful.

Ordinarily "The Lobby" was a pretty civilized place. Just not on Halloween.

Bill

You think I didn't make enough to pay that quarter's tuition that one night? :D

Bill

Channeling your inner hot sorority girl?

I have spent all kinds of naked time in hot tubs and hot springs and saunas. (Nmoira, is Inner City Hot Springs still operating in Portland?)

It closed a few years ago. I don't know if they ever relocated.

Then there was another crazy-fun Berkeley night, when two of my best friends landed a great top-story apartment for their last Summer over-looking Telegraph Ave.

The place had a cavernous living room (great for big parties) and wall-space galore.

So I, the unofficial art-history minor (yes, I was smart enough to know art-history classes were the best place to meet intoxicating women :D) thought it would be a great idea to get big rolls of white butcher paper, and a particular shade of blue paint, and have a big party were we'd have a tribute to the French artist Yves Klein.

At the party everybody stripped down, got well-painted with Yves Klein blue, and then laid down to make a full-body imprints on the giant sheets of paper, which we subsequently hung all around that great space.

As I'm sure you can imagine, this space became a notorious center of good-times during that long Berkeley summer.

Bill

I'll cover you. Not literally.

Hey look, NO coffee splattered across the screen! It's a darn good thing I'm leaving on the coffee table next to me. Note to self, always swallow before checking this thread.

If we ever meet in real live nmoira, I owe you a 20 spot for this thread!

Faith

Then there was another crazy-fun Berkeley night, when two of my best friends landed a great top-story apartment for their last Summer over-looking Telegraph Ave.

The place had a cavernous living room (great for big parties) and wall-space galore.

So I, the unofficial art-history minor (yes, I was smart enough to know art-history classes were the best place to meet intoxicating women :D) thought it would be a great idea to get big rolls of white butcher paper, and a particular shade of blue paint, and have a big party were we'd have a tribute to the French artist Yves Klein.

At the party everybody stripped down, got well-painted with Yves Klein blue, and then laid down to make a full-body imprints on the giant sheets of paper, which we subsequently hung all around that great space.

As I'm sure you can imagine, this space became a notorious center of good-times during that long Berkeley summer.

Bill

Hey Bill, who knew you were probably a "Mona Lisa Smile" lover??? Learn.something.new.and.very.important.every.single.day!

Faith

I'll have to tell my dd about this when she wakes. She thinks it is one of the world's greatest injustices that women have to wear shirts. I know, I'm just passing on the harlotry, but I let her go topless around home all the time. The boys/men at our house are topless all the time. Until she has something to cover up - I told her to go for it.

I have no trouble with girls and woman going topless. Mind you I wouldn't. I would end up with black eyes.

I have at least one female friend who gre up in Canada who went topless (In the same situation as boys) till she was about 11? 12?

Is that a Julia Robets movie?

What do you take me for??? :D

Bill

I'll take Ruth Gordon over Julia Roberts any day.

<snipped>

Bill~ I'm in the Pacific almost everyday, but I need my wetsuit to stay in for more than two seconds. A very modest outfit by anyones standards.

You'd be surprised. A very dear friend of mine had to wear CULLOTTES over her full-length wetsuit when she was snorkeling with a church group. :glare: :cursing: :banghead:

You'd be surprised. A very dear friend of mine had to wear CULLOTTES over her full-length wetsuit when she was snorkeling with a church group. :glare: :cursing: :banghead:

Wouldn't that be a safety issue? I'm a bit paranoid though, as a second cousin of mine died snorkeling.

Wouldn't that be a safety issue? I'm a bit paranoid though, as a second cousin of mine died snorkeling.

I don't know- probably? But I'm sure that particular church valued their view of modesty above all else. Sad... but she's long gone from there now- not without scars.

I'll take Ruth Gordon over Julia Roberts any day.

What was so weird in that Harold and Maude clip, was that it looked a lot like the hill at the back Greek Theater. I was thinking to myself if only they cut to a shot of the San Franciwco Bay it would be perfect. Then they cut to the Bay! :lol:

Not exactly the same view as from Berkeley, but still.

I might sue the film-makers for ripping off my life-story, but for the fact it was made before I went to college. My mom took me to see it during the opening run in 1971. She loved that movie. Blame her.

Bill

While my DH and I were dining in Thessaloniki, Greece one summer's evening, we saw a whole bunch of naked bike riders. And then, a few days later while lunching in Rome, we saw another large group of naked bike riders. That doesn't happen in Georgia. (at least the state Georgia. I have never been to the country Georgia, so I will not comment on the lack or presence of naked bike riding groups. Although, I have heard that there are naked bike riders in San Francisco.)

Not in the country of Georgia either, but once a bunch of university professors wrapped themselves in bed sheets to look like Greeks in togas. They were attempting to recreate the journey of Jason into Georgia up Rioni River, not the calmest body of water around. Sooo, soon they realized they had to get to shore and landed in some village in the evening wrapped in sheets. That wouldn't have been a problem, only a day before a group of males broke out of insane asylum not far from that spot and soon frantic and happy villagers phoned in the police to let them know their crazies had been captured. It was apparently quite a spectacle when the professors were attempting to persuade the police that they weren't crazy afterall, they were just ancient Greeks sailing up the river.

I know it isn't about modesty, but I think it's hillarious and yes, it's a true story :)

The thing started tearing and got more and more revealing as the evening wore on (and having injested some mushrooms I just did not care).

The Spy who wore pink - it could be a theme party. :coolgleamA:

Guest inoubliable

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

*shakes fist*

Damn you forum for making me stop my whoring ways for 24 hours. How am I supposed to feed my family now?!?!

Duh. You pimp out someone else's likes.

I'm cheap and available.

*shakes fist*

Damn you forum for making me stop my whoring ways for 24 hours. How am I supposed to feed my family now?!?!

CRAP! I have to put on my pot roast for tonight. Thanks for the reminder to feed my family. Good thing I took that unpacking boxes break. ;)

*shakes fist*

As long as I don't get the dreaded:

"You've reached your limit of inelegantly crafted double entendres for the day. No, wait, we mean forever!"

I'm happy.

CRAP! I have to put on my pot roast for tonight. Thanks for the reminder to feed my family. Good thing I took that unpacking boxes break. ;)

I'd like to think that it would be nicer unpacking boxed in Hawaii than almost anywhere else. It sounds nicer in any case. :)

So is that doubly modest? Or does the second negate the first?

What if they're both padded? That would be anti-modest. And hot in a bad way.

I'd like to think that it would be nicer unpacking boxed in Hawaii than almost anywhere else. It sounds nicer in any case. :)

The nicest thing is I can say things like, "unpack those 6 big boxes, then you can swim in the pool for 30 minutes." It makes things go much faster.

Guest inoubliable

I wear 2 sport bras when I run because I don't want to injure my face.

What sport bras?? Seriously. I wear two and it's not working.