Menu

The Immodesty Thread

nmoira

I've been wearing tank tops every day (it's been HOT).

I have cleavage showing almost every day. I really see no need to hide my cleavage, it's nice. :)

I like it when young men flirt with me a little.

I need to buy a new swimming suit. Maybe it will be a bikini. I used to wear bikinis all the time.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I was even in a sorority but I think we were the geeks, so no sexy dressing then.

I went to university in Canada. There were rumours that these things existed somewhere off campus, but no proof that I ever saw. It was usually too cold to dress sexy.

I want to play!

I once had a man, who viewed my cleavage, tell me " You have the best real boobs I have ever seen."

I enjoyed the compliment. :drool5:

As well you should.

:hurray:

Here's an apropos PSA: don't flash your husband in his home office, because you never know when he might be on a video conference call. (True story. Thank the gods his head was blocking the view of the door! Thank you, Universe-- lesson learned.)

And then there was the time at the beach when I got taken down by a particularly strong wave; I stood up shaken but fine, except for the fact that my bikini top was wrapped around my neck like a kerchief. But it was the Caribbean; nobody seemed to care but me. Although, I seem to recall DH got a good laugh over it. (Lesson NOT learned-- I still wear a bikini, and plan to for as long as I can rock one.) Immodesty club, here I come...

I wear tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, bare knees sometimes even. I still go commando from time to time because I don't like panty lines. I have curves and a waist and I'd rather accentuate them than wear stuff that makes me look like a rectangle.

Hussies, the lot of you.

I should add to my title...

Hussiedom? Hussieness? Hussy-what??

Or maybe harlotry....

And then there was the time at the beach when I got taken down by a particularly strong wave; I stood up shaken but fine, except for the fact that my bikini top was wrapped around my neck like a kerchief. But it was the Caribbean; nobody seemed to care but me. Although, I seem to recall DH got a good laugh over it. (Lesson NOT learned-- I still wear a bikini, and plan to for as long as I can rock one.) Immodesty club, here I come...

It's a good idea to avoid bikinis when water skiing too.

Absolutely. Once when my oldest child was a teensy baby, he feel asleep on my lap after nursing and started making those cute little grins little ones do in their sleep. I quickly whipped out my cell phone, snapped a photo, and promptly sent it to my husband, my mother, and a couple of friends. What I didn't realize in my new-momma moment, all beside myself with warm fuzzies over his little smiles, was that my entire breast--nipple and all--was in the photo, too. I was at home and wasn't bothering to be discrete about nursing, and in my haste to snap a photo I completely forgot to snap up the 'ol nursing bra. Now my husband asks "yeah, but where's the boob?" Every time I send him a picture of a little one on my lap. :glare:

I read this out loud to my husband, and his immediate reply was, "Can I see the picture?" I guess he'll have to learn to live with disappointment.

I only look down (around strangers) because I have mild social anxiety, not out of modesty. Get me annoyed and I will look you in the eye. And even speak.

I didn't read any of the modesty threads, gave them a glancing eye roll and moved on. But the above line caught my attention. Are there really discussions about looking down around strangers? Do some really think meeting someone's eye is immodest?!! Because looking down isn't modesty, that is submissiveness!!! That got the feminist in me roaring!!!

Anyway, I nursed in public without covering up, I like a little "trash" to my clothes, and in my younger days was a participant in PDA! I have been carried out of bars and have danced on car roofs while flashing the camera. I had a great time!!!

I was in my 20s in the 80's. I am 5'10 and wore miniskirts (usually animal print) constantly. Once I passed out in a grocery store (from low blood sugar) while wearing a miniskirt. The teenage bagging boy laid a grocery bag over me to cover me up! I also used to wear some dresses without a bra, and definitely showed cleavage on a regular basis. I went to Mardi Gras, and though I did not lift my shirt for beads, I did do a little jiggle dance for some.

I wouldn't do those things now, but don't really regret them. I was in my 20s for heaven's sake! Those things were pretty tame and harmed no one

I am more modest now mostly due to respect for the sensibilities of others. I think the human body is beautiful. I like my body and my hubby still loves it after 27 years.

I didn't read any of the modesty threads, gave them a glancing eye roll and moved on. But the above line caught my attention. Are there really discussions about looking down around strangers?

There are, but I've not seen any here.

You live in Portland. Do you really find that your particular point of view on modesty is challenged anywhere than perhaps on this forum?

I live in Vancouver. I could nurse one child on each breast, topless, in the middle of Stanley Park, and no one would bat an eyelid. And I could be smoking a joint at the same time. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, right?

We here save our judgement for the serious issues, such as the consumption of non-organic vegetables.

You live in Portland.[/Quote] But I didn't move here until I was 30. I grew up in southwest Ontario. I'll put in a plug for Gwen Jacob, who fought for and won our right to be topless in public in Ontario. I don't know anyone who actually did though.

Do you really find that your particular point of view on modesty is challenged anywhere than perhaps on this forum?

I live in Vancouver. I could nurse one child on each breast, topless, in the middle of Stanley Park, and no one would bat an eyelid. And I could be smoking a joint at the same time. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, right?

We here save our judgement for the serious issues, such as the consumption of non-organic vegetables.

:D

Do I feel challenged? Not any more than does the naked woodman out back. But it's a complicated cultural issue, as is evidenced by a couple of the recent threads here, particularly the TSA thread. Sometimes it's good to say, "I've done/do this, and I feel fine."

ETA: southwest not southeast

...a crowd in the delivery room???

We were 11 (with baby and me), my mom AND dad among them. It was the most beautiful moment in my life... After a VERY long night (no Epi, first baby), with snow falling havily outside, Bruce Springsteen singing, soft voices talking, so much support,...ds certainly was welcomed into the best of worlds!

As far as nursing goes:

I have literally nursed my way around Europe...while doing my shopping, when sitting in restaurants (WHILE eating!) at the public pool with just my bikini on (no, I'm not a "blanket-gal")...

Oh, bikinis...

Yes! ...and "even" with four kids! And, no, I won't get into the details of my bodily features, to "justify"!

Btw, dd, who is nine, is going "top-less" at the beach/pool. She, for the life of hers, can't figure out what could be there to cover-up/hide...and we can only agree!

But then, again, our moral standard must be off, as we happen to walk around the house NA*ED...and the kids don't seem to mind!

...and, now THE DISCLAIMER :

We are Europeans!😜

You should make your location, "Classical School of Witchcraft and Harlotry."

Done :D

The other great thing is just slipping into the Pacific they way you were make. The feel of ocean-water sliding over your body is thrilling.

Bill

I am with you, only not the Pacific (too cold). I swam naked in the Carribean more times than I care to count and it felt majestic!

Also, there aren't clothes made to cover my breasts. I try, I really do, but they are too big and unruly to hide.

I remember breastfeeding on a bench in Regents Park in London. It was a cold day, so I stayed pretty covered up. I was surprised how chilly I was feeling. It was near the Regents Park Mosque and there were some very covered up people passing. It wasn't until I finished that I realised how disarranged my clothes had become - I was wearing lots of layers and they had bunched up - and how much skin I had been showing. I wouldn't have done it on purpose, but I'm not ashamed that it happened.

My favourite incident was at a Burns Night party just after Calvin was born. I retreated into the only bedroom to breastfeed - not out of modesty but just because the party was loud and I needed to concentrate. After a bit, one of the gay couple holding the party came in and said he had to change out of his kilt, because his twin brother needed to borrow it for another celebration. He warned me that, yes, Scots wear nothing under their kilts. So there we were - me with a breast out (new to the skill) and him with his tackle out.

L

I've nursed my young all over, without hesitation or cover. And you know what? So have my conservative Christian friends. And we all dress in what we want, each according to her own taste and the context at hand.

Perhaps it is because they are mature in their faith that they don't worry about trivial, superficial matters.

Thank you for this thread. I live in the deep south and really try hard not to offend, but I'm hot-natured and just not fond of lots of clothes. I'm always respectful in someone's house of worship, but day-to-day I prefer to dress comfortable. I draw the line at co-ops (and parties) with dress codes.

I could share lots of stories (breast-feeding in the deep south!), but I'll give a cautionary tale to convince you guys never to change!

Last week I had to fly. I always fly in a tank top and capri leggings; security is a breeze. But the modesty threads that came out of the airport girl story made me start to doubt myself. So I decided to dress more presentable. I picked up some capri jeans and a more decent shirt with short sleeves, before we left. Due to an accident closing the interstate, we were a bit late. And my more modest outfit earned me both a patdown and an explosives check (maybe sizing on the new clothing?) So we ended up running through the airport and boarding minutes before take off. So it's back to my "hide nothing" outfit!

But I didn't move here until I was 30. I grew up in southeastern Ontario. I'll put in a plug for Gwen Jacob, who fought for and won our right to be topless in public in Ontario. I don't know anyone who actually did though.

I'll have to tell my dd about this when she wakes. She thinks it is one of the world's greatest injustices that women have to wear shirts. I know, I'm just passing on the harlotry, but I let her go topless around home all the time. The boys/men at our house are topless all the time. Until she has something to cover up - I told her to go for it.

Speaking of passing on the harlotry, this all goes back to my mother. She always took her bikini top off to avoid tan lines on her back. I don't know how many times I saw her running to the house with her arm across her breasts when she heard the sound of a vehicle coming up the driveway.

Oh yeah, then there was the summer that I was determined to have NO tan lines. I had this awesome flat roof out the window of my apartment... I achieved my goal that summer. :D

When first married we lived in a pop up caravan on our property. We had no facilities at all. I had a bucket shower outside EVERY SINGLE MORNING in the starkers.

I breastfed all of mine whenever they were hungry, no matter where I was. I didn’t cover up at all.

In hot weather I wear underwear and a sarong. I don’t bother about showing bra straps.

When I go t e the beach, I remove my glasses, and as I can only see blurry people I feel completely confident in wearing my bathers. ‘Cause if they are blurry to me I must be blurry to them right.

Thank you for this thread. I live in the deep south and really try hard not to offend, but I'm hot-natured and just not fond of lots of clothes. I'm always respectful in someone's house of worship, but day-to-day I prefer to dress comfortable. I draw the line at co-ops (and parties) with dress codes.

I could share lots of stories (breast-feeding in the deep south!), but I'll give a cautionary tale to convince you guys never to change!

Last week I had to fly. I always fly in a tank top and capri leggings; security is a breeze. But the modesty threads that came out of the airport girl story made me start to doubt myself. So I decided to dress more presentable. I picked up some capri jeans and a more decent shirt with short sleeves, before we left. Due to an accident closing the interstate, we were a bit late. And my more modest outfit earned me both a patdown and an explosives check (maybe sizing on the new clothing?) So we ended up running through the airport and boarding minutes before take off. So it's back to my "hide nothing" outfit!

When we got home ds found a class he wants to take at a co-op that has a dress code. I tried not to laugh in his face. I'll be good and let him do it. At least it will be winter.

My sentiments almost exactly! We're moving from Brazil back to the US (to gulf coast Texas.....) sometime this year or early next year. In the almost 6 yrs we've been in Brazil, I've shed my "conservative Christian/modest woman" ways (I put that in quotes 'cause my beliefs about the Bible haven't changed, just my legalistic hang-ups.....) and I am *dreading* going back to the land of dress codes and such. Reading up on some of the co-op dress codes was frightening to me -- until I realized, with boys, they're fine. With me, I only have to keep a sweater or button up shirt or something in the car for when I must attend drop off/pick up/etc., but can otherwise dress exactly as I wish. whew!

This thread is giving me hope that maybe I'll meet some like-minded people, even in the land of "modest dress is the proof we need that you really are a conservative Christian". (hey, a girl can dream, right?!)

Oh, and as for my contribution......The first time we had my dad visit us here, we took him snorkeling. I wore my "more modest" bikini as opposed to the string bikini I preferred, thinking Dad would appreciate me being more covered. Except that, climbing up the boat ladder while he was waiting to climb down, my bathing suit top gaped open and he got quite an eyeful. Awkward. So the next time (and ever after) I stuck with my string bikini, which has the decency to stay in place on my small frame.

Only word of caution on that -- when snorkeling, remember to sunscreen the bits that will be sunny side up. A sunburned bum is really painful.

I'm sorry, friends. You are just going to have to try harder if you want to *really* be immodest! None of these stories even mention your ability to make an ostentatious display... ... ... of wealth and social status.

C'mon tell me about the times you tried to belittle other believers by dressing expensively to put the poor in their place. Oh, just any time you were sure you deserved more respect and deferrence from the people around you, and used your manner if dress to make sure you got it.

Anybody?

Dh, some 25 years POST honeymoon, just told me last night while I was snickering over this thread that I had a wardrobe malfunction of my seriously alluring one piece bathing suit at the hotel pool when we'd only been married 3 days. Apparently, I failed to notice. Well, I'd just like to say that I doubt anyone else did either. On my best nursing infant day, I have what can only be described in booK terms as a collection of short-stories. Without the dairy factory, pamphlets would be accurate. I tried to get embarassed about it. Sat here in front of the screen trying to drum up some good ole fashioned, horrified I showed that skin, wilted in my socks, embarassment. Nope...I was so flat chested back then that the worst thought anyone probably had was "Why is that boy wearing a woman's bathing suit?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so glad dh is a geek. The attraction was the mad piano skills and probably my fascination with the periodic table of elements! Ya know...I keep uranium shale around here...about a lb. of unrefined! It sets off my ultrasensitive geiger counter (hey, that's not euphemistic so keep your minds out of the gutter.) I'm.such.a.bad.bad.girl!!!!!!!!!

The sun is shining. Sunbathing anyone?

Faith

I remember breastfeeding on a bench in Regents Park in London. It was a cold day, so I stayed pretty covered up. I was surprised how chilly I was feeling. It was near the Regents Park Mosque and there were some very covered up people passing. It wasn't until I finished that I realised how disarranged my clothes had become - I was wearing lots of layers and they had bunched up - and how much skin I had been showing. I wouldn't have done it on purpose, but I'm not ashamed that it happened.

My favourite incident was at a Burns Night party just after Calvin was born. I retreated into the only bedroom to breastfeed - not out of modesty but just because the party was loud and I needed to concentrate. After a bit, one of the gay couple holding the party came in and said he had to change out of his kilt, because his twin brother needed to borrow it for another celebration. He warned me that, yes, Scots wear nothing under their kilts. So there we were - me with a breast out (new to the skill) and him with his tackle out.

L

Laura, that's AWESOME! That scenario would not have bothered me one.little.bit.

Faith

I have nursed in church.

At church, I nursed in the infant cry room while adults (with no children) were sitting in there. I got some unhappy looks, but all I could think was a nasty thought that was not very Christian of me. Get out of the cry room if you don't have kids...

Also, I usually nurse everywhere, but I attend the more traditional, quiet church service, and my kids are LOUD when they eat. I'd rather not interrupt the sermon with gulping, gasping, and hums of enjoyment.

The other great thing is just slipping into the Pacific they way you were make. The feel of ocean-water sliding over your body is thrilling.

Bill

What! The Pacific is way too cold! The Gulf of Mexico, on the other hand...

I was way too modest in my teens and twenties - no self confidence. I really regret that! What was I thinking staying so covered up all those years???? It has to be some kind of sin...

Now, however, I wear bikinis, tanks, low cut shirts, tight dresses, etc. I tend to not wear really short skirts or shorts just because they are inconvenient.

Now - I do tend to be at least moderately appropriate around my teens and their friends - I don't want to be "that mom".

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take ya

Bermuda, Bahamas come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Jamaica off the Florida Keys

There's a place called Kokomo

If you want to go naked

That's where you wanna go

Nude bodies in the sand

Tropical drink melting in your hand

We'll be falling in love

To the rhythm of a steel drum band

Down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you

To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama

Down to Kokomo

We'll get there fast

And then we'll take it slow

That's where we wanna go

Way down to Kokomo

To Martinique, that Monserrat mystique

We'll put out to sea

And we'll perfect our chemistry

By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity

Afternoon delight

cocktails and moonlit nights

That dreamy look in your eye

Give me a tropical contact high

Way down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you

To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama

Down to Kokomo

We'll get there fast

And then we'll take it slow

That's where we wanna go

Way down to Kokomo

~ (with slight apologies to) The Beach Boys

As far as the spaghetti straps (camis) and shorts... I used to live in those and I never once thought it wasn't decent. What does that say about me? LOL

I would still be wearing them 247 if I hadn't packed on the pounds with ds. (I still wear them around the house.)

I very rarely wear a bra. (Even out in public. Camis are a nice substitute.) This may or may not be a nice alternative to the push up bras and cleavage I used to sport. (Make no mistake, the push up bras will probably be returning, once I can fit into them again.)

Ive always worn a two piece but never a "bikini" just because I haven't felt I had the body for it. I do however, wear a two piece and then the second I hit the pool I roll up/tuck in every inch of suit and turn that thing into a skimpy bikini.

Sorry, getting a good tan over 95% of my body trumps it all.

I never shut the door when I go to the restroom... unless its not #1 or we have company.

I realize these may pale in comparison to previous posts, but we will stick with the "now me" and save you from the "old me" which would probably top anything posted here. Ick.

I'm Christian. I am not a prude. My extremely wild teen years probably have something to do with it. I just dont care, honestly. Its not that Im trying to be decent/indecent... I just dont even think about it. Comfort has always been #1 to me... Barefoot 24/7 and in some cases, the less clothes the better. Sorry Im not sorry.

I've nursed everywhere. I nursed in church ALL the time. I was not embarrassed of that. I WAS embarrassed when the kid filled up their diaper and everyone turned around to see where that sound came from.

I wear bikinis. Almost every day. I have my own pool. I wouldn't think twice of wearing a bikini down the shore. I also skinny dip.

I wear tank tops. I am normally braless at home. I wear a small brathingie in public. Most people would consider it Not A Bra. But, I'm small, so.

Here's an apropos PSA: don't flash your husband in his home office, because you never know when he might be on a video conference call. (True story. Thank the gods his head was blocking the view of the door! Thank you, Universe-- lesson learned.)

This is funny!!!! So is the kilt story.

The body is beautiful especially when young. I took full advantage of this as a teen forward. Hot tubs, naked beaches and swimming holes, topless sunbathing around the world. In college I lived in my string bikini, a pair of shorts or skirt, and sunglasses. I put a shirt on when I went to class.

Now that I'm older, I cover up more not wanting to flash those spider veins or jiggly upper arms. What four babies did to my once flat belly should not be out for public view. It just isn't attractive. To wear pants so tight isn't comfortable, and camisole tops solo just don't look good anymore.

Does being immodest mean dressing and acting sexy? You know, the swinging walk and flirtatious demeanor, or is immodesty just about being comfortable in your bare skin in any situation? Nursing in public is just plain normal not taboo.

Bill~ I'm in the Pacific almost everyday, but I need my wetsuit to stay in for more than two seconds. A very modest outfit by anyones standards.