Menu

Donuts or Ice Cream?

TKDmom

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose donuts or ice cream?

• Donuts
    • Ice Cream
    • Neither. Yuck

We are in Portland, so we went to VooDoo donuts the other day. Just went back for dessert, but the line was longer than we wanted to wait.

I could not answer the poll because you have to be specific. Which is better depends on which doughnuts and which ice cream. Here, VooDoo would win. Up against Dunkin, Ben and Jerry would win. It just all depends.

We are in Portland, so we went to VooDoo donuts the other day. Just went back for dessert, but the line was longer than we wanted to wait.

I could not answer the poll because you have to be specific. Which is better depends on which doughnuts and which ice cream. Here, VooDoo would win. Up against Dunkin, Ben and Jerry would win. It just all depends.

Average ice cream is better than average donuts, so I voted ice cream.

Interesting...I'm of opposite mind on that. An excellent doughnut, while lovely, is still not as good as really extraordinary ice cream. So as much as I love, say, a bacon doughnut from Voodoo, I'd still take the black sesame gelato I had in Vancouver last year.

But average? A bowl of Breyer's ice cream is nothing to scoff at. But a squishy, lumpen, powdered doughnut from Dunkin? The one with that weird, luminous, peripherally lemon-flavored filling? Sublime.

You picked the two sweets I have a dislike for. I don't usually do very much dairy aside from butter but I usually only think a donut is worth the calories and sugar consumption if it is extraordinary. I do like coconut milk ice cream since it is dairy free and if I am ambitious I can make a low added sugar version. Lest you think I magically dislike all desserts, I am more of a brownie or tart sort of gal.

You picked the two sweets I have a dislike for. I don't usually do very much dairy aside from butter but I usually only think a donut is worth the calories and sugar consumption if it is extraordinary. I do like coconut milk ice cream since it is dairy free and if I am ambitious I can make a low added sugar version. Lest you think I magically dislike all desserts, I am more of a brownie or tart sort of gal.

You heard it here first. Katie is a tart! 😄

Donuts! I love donuts. I'm more of a cake-treat sort of girl. James Bond brought home an ice cream bar for me the other day and I thanked him and put in the freezer. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind because I didn't devour it right away. I really have to be in the mood for ice cream, not eat it just because it's there. Had he brought home a donut though, it would have been gone. I would always choose a cake-y dessert over ice cream.

You can go to Krispy Kreme and get both together!

Back when I could have gluten, I still would have voted ice cream, though. Best food on earth!

Alas, our Krispy Kreme doesn't have any ice cream. Just a really cool donut making machine that mesmerizes all of us. Our Dunkin Donuts stores are all combined with Baskin Robbins...but Dunkin Donuts are dry and nasty.

Well to be specific...our debate was between Krispy Kreme and our favorite self-serve frozen yogurt place where you have 20 flavors and a zillion toppings to choose from. So I guess that's not really ice cream, but those custard frozen yogurt flavors taste just as good as Ben and Jerry's to me. Especially once you dump brownies and butterfinger pieces and hot fudge on top. :drool:

You heard it here first. Katie is a tart! 😄

Well that should go without saying. I am after all wearing a scoop neck top today and approximately 3 inches of skin are showing below my long linen skirt. You can totally see my ankles. For shame. And when I go swimming latter, a bit of my belly will show. On purpose. With absolute intent to attract male attention and not at all because I am mostly all torso. :lol:

I looove ice cream....like I would eat it every meal if I wouldn't weigh 500 lbs. However, I do love Krispy Kreme donuts too.

Yes, that's how I feel too. :D when I was pregnant with #1, I was gaining 10 pounds a month near the end and my doctor started talking about toxemia. I just muttered to the nurse that it was really because I liked ice cream a little too much.

So I guess it depends on what kind of donuts or ice cream. I think that both should have been an option the poll.

Naw, that wouldn't have been any fun. Too many of us would have voted both, and that wouldn't do anything to settle the dispute of which is really better. ;)

Donuts...but only if they are Krispy Kreme Hot and Now fresh in the store and on a day that is not too hot outside. Then they are perfection in the round.

That pretty sums up dh's argument. :D

But we live in FL and every day is too hot right now...

Before this thread, I didn't even realize how seasonal my preferences were. After our yearly Christmas parade, we all head over to Krispy Kreme. But now, I just want ice cream (multiple times a day).

Well that should go without saying. I am after all wearing a scoop neck top today and approximately 3 inches of skin are showing below my long linen skirt. You can totally see my ankles. For shame. And when I go swimming latter, a bit of my belly will show. On purpose. With absolute intent to attract male attention and not at all because I am mostly all torso. :lol:

You know, torso skin is the most erotic of all the skin.

Well to be specific...our debate was between Krispy Kreme and our favorite self-serve frozen yogurt place where you have 20 flavors and a zillion toppings to choose from. So I guess that's not really ice cream, but those custard frozen yogurt flavors taste just as good as Ben and Jerry's to me. Especially once you dump brownies and butterfinger pieces and hot fudge on top. :drool:

Well that changes things drasticly! I can not stand frozen yogurt. I love ice cream, but if frozen yogurt is my only option, i will totally pass! I'll take day old gas station doughnuts over frozen yogurt!

How is this a question? Ice cream is my religion. And I'm kind of a snob about it. I only eat the good stuff: Ben and Jerry's, Hagen Daazs, Cold Stone, and Kirkland vanilla (seriously the BEST vanilla ice cream!).

If this question were about donuts versus the crappy, lowfat "ice cream", or anything whose first ingredient is skim milk (as is the case with most ice creams), then I would choose donuts.

Go to Ruby Jewels or Salt and Straw.

Ice cream all the way. :D

Scandalous!

Chocolate Donut with chocolate icing with a cold glass of milk... :drool5:

I love ice cream, too.

Right now, I'd take the donut. At other times, I'd take the ice cream.

How is this a question? Ice cream is my religion. And I'm kind of a snob about it. I only eat the good stuff: Ben and Jerry's, Hagen Daazs, Cold Stone, and Kirkland vanilla (seriously the BEST vanilla ice cream!).

If this question were about donuts versus the crappy, lowfat "ice cream", or anything whose first ingredient is skim milk (as is the case with most ice creams), then I would choose donuts.

What about Blue Bell? I adore Blue Bell.

Last month dh came home with a couple containers of Breyer's (because it was BOGO), which used to be good. I told him Breyer's has been awful for years and made him look at the label. He discovered that it's now a "frozen dairy dessert". They can't even call it ice cream anymore! He also discovered that it is nice and soft coming out of our -10 degree outside freezer. It also holds its shape for much too long sitting on the kitchen counter. Whatever they do to it to give it those properties makes me shudder....