Menu

How old were your boys when...

mskelly

they stopped cuddling with their momma? I was rocking with my 8YO and it suddenly hit me that his days of wanting to sit with mommy are probably going to come to an end soon and boy did that make me sad! He doesn't do it ALL the time, but he is a cuddler. I can't picture a teenager sitting on mom's lap though! LOL

Well, my 16 yo will still throw a pillow in my lap, and lay down on the couch w/ his head in my lap. Not very often, but sometimes. Does that make you feel better? He also still gives me hugs and kisses goodnight. Most of the time. I think it starts, slowly, at about age 10.

my son is 9 and he still needs my hugs and cuddles daily. he still needs daddy cuddles too. i imagine he will always need to feel my love, it will just look different as he gets older. i assume the transition will just be slow and natural. my daughter is switching from less cuddling to more talking - so our bonding time is already changing (although she still holds my hand often when we are out -- so cute :))

1ds stopped when he was a teen. now, he comes and offers me hugs when I'm stressed. He will also come and give me "I love you, and I'm glad you're my mom" hugs.

2ds stopped at a smiliar age.

3ds only snuggled when he was asleep. if he was awake, we couldn't hold him. he finally got over that, but he's never been snuggly if he was wide awake. he likes to snuggle when he first wakes up - sometimes, and when he's sleepy.

There are two families at the kids' school where the older (high school age) boys hug their parents before walking in. It's lovely to see. Dd12 just rolls her eyes when I point this out to her, and yells a goodbye over her shoulder...

My boys are 17 and 15yo. They come and snuggle and talk to me each evening before bed or sit next to me on the couch. Sure, it isn't all cuddly like when they were little but that would be a little weird. (I would need to sit on their laps for that. :lol: )

My 15 year old still likes me to tuck him in most nights and have a cuddle and chat. He will even sometimes hug me during the day (but never in front of any of his friends). If he weren't so huge (5'11) he would probably still try to get into bed with dh and I in the morning for a snuggle. You should see him when he gets jealous that I am cuddling the dog. I do miss the days when he would just climb into my lap and snuggle ip.

Well, my 16 yo will still throw a pillow in my lap, and lay down on the couch w/ his head in my lap. Not very often, but sometimes. Does that make you feel better? He also still gives me hugs and kisses goodnight. Most of the time. I think it starts, slowly, at about age 10.

My boys will (sometimes) do this too! They're 19,16,15.) They all like it when I play with their hair (ok, sometimes they like it). They're all taller than I am now, they'll sometimes come up and lay their cheek on the top of my head. They're all a lot like their dad, very touchy/feely. I'm usually the one saying "Ok, I love you too .... now get off of me!"

Awe. This thread is very comforting. My ds is 10 and still very cuddly at home (hugs are out of the question for him in front of his friends though). I hate to think of the day when he no longer wants to hug and cuddle ( he is already too big for my lap). This thread gives me hope ;)

My teenagers still do, also; as does the caboose (who's 12).

I come from a huggy, touchy culture so I don't think they even realize they're doing it (while no other boy does!) even now that we're temporarily living in a small, American South suburb far away from "home." But other parents sure have noticed!

My boys all play baseball. Once I had a late flight arrival, and missed the first game in my boys' tournament. I headed to the ballfield straight from the airport, having been gone for two weeks. As soon as I walked up, my sons and nephew started waving and shouting their hellos from the field. I sat down and started to visit with the other parents. I didn't notice the inning change, and out of nowhere three smelly sons and a nephew tackle me from behind, all piling against me and showering me with hugs, kisses, and "Love you!"s. They were fast, because they had to get back to the dugout, and I thought nothing of it until another parent lamented that she couldn't get her son to kiss and hug her anymore, and she missed those days. At the time, the boys were 14-16.

That game ended and we had an hour to kill before the next. Her son asked her for money to buy concessions and she (jokingly) told him she'd give him $10 for a hug and a kiss LOL. Poor kid was mortified to be put on the spot but acted a good sport, did it like he thought she had cooties, and earned his snack. Totally still made her day.

My 16yo 6'3" ds still gives me hugs, will sit on the couch and lay his head on my shoulder, and expects me to come into his room before I go to bed to tell him good night. When the weather was icy here, he would always hold my hand when we were outside to keep me safe. (I think it gave him an excuse to do it.) He and his 6'8" Dad and 6'5" Grandfather give each other "man-hugs" all the time too.

I hope this means he will be a good, loving husband who gives lots of physical hugs and hand-holding.

they stopped cuddling with their momma? I was rocking with my 8YO and it suddenly hit me that his days of wanting to sit with mommy are probably going to come to an end soon and boy did that make me sad! He doesn't do it ALL the time, but he is a cuddler. I can't picture a teenager sitting on mom's lap though! LOL

My son is 12 and he still loves to cuddle. He sits on my lap whenver he can. Sometimes he still holds my hand when we are walking. He always hugs and kisses me good-bye when I leave, even when his friends are around.

Kim

Wil was like 6! He's never been a particularly cuddly kid. It's just his personality. We do have a special thing we say to each other on my birthday and on Mother's Day, though. Adric is going on 7 and he still likes to cuddle with me and Rory is extremely cuddly at almost 5. I am sure they will cuddle with me long after the age Wil was when he quit.

My just-turned 9yo wants hugs and cuddles when he wakes up and before bed. Other than that, he pretends/thinks all girls have cooties.

He doesn't like me walking with him into the school, but I assure him that the other kids already know I'm his mom. :laugh: I just laugh at him, but I suppose I would be hurt if I didn't know how passionately he loves me.

My boys are 11 and 13. They both still like to cuddle. At night they like to get in my bed and snuggle up as close as they can get and we read a favorite book. Of course none of these cuddles happen in public but I'm ok with that!

My girls quit cuddling much much earlier. Now that they are 17 and 15 they want hug a little more often but not often.

Elise in NC