Menu

OK, what is the best Christmas movie ever?

MeaganS

Best Christmas Movie Ever  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Christmas Movie?

• Christmas Carol (any version)
    • A Christmas Story
    • White Christmas
    • It's a Wonderful Life
    • The Grinch (either version)
    • A Charlie Brown Christmas
    • Home Alone
    • Elf
    • Miracle on 34th Street (any version)
    • Polar Express
    • The Santa Clause
    • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    • Die Hard
    • Rudolf the Red-nosed Reigndeer
    • Other
    • Love, Actually

I chose "Charlie Brown Christmas" because I love that it tells the actual Christmas story. It's the one my whole family watches together.

I'm not a fan of "It's a Wonderful Life", even though I like Jimmy Stewart. I'm sorry, but a kid and wife yanking on my jacket, another kid ringing a bell, and another one banging on the piano is enough to drive anyone ape-crazy.

That being said, Die Hard is my and dh's Christmas pleasure. I don't know why, but it has always felt like a Christmas movie to me.

I voted National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation because dh and I laugh so hard watching that movie and quote it a lot!

If you asked my kids they would vote Home Alone.

If you asked about my guilty Christmas pleasure, it's Love, Actually.

I don't feel guilty about it at all! It's an awesome movie!

Other.

While I love many on the list, there's a glaring one missing:

The Year without a Santa Claus! Oh yeah, technically, it's not a movie. But, it's a classic, with the best Christmas song ever: the Heat Miser/Snow Miser song. :hurray: :hurray:

I chose "Charlie Brown Christmas" because I love that it tells the actual Christmas story. It's the one my whole family watches together.

I'm not a fan of "It's a Wonderful Life", even though I like Jimmy Stewart. I'm sorry, but a kid and wife yanking on my jacket, another kid ringing a bell, and another one banging on the piano is enough to drive anyone ape-crazy.

That being said, Die Hard is my and dh's Christmas pleasure. I don't know why, but it has always felt like a Christmas movie to me.

OMG! Are we sisters separated at birth? LOL. I love "Charlie Brown Christmas" but I've never liked "It's a Wonderful Life". I've never said it publically since I figured I'd be quartered and drawn for uttering such heresy. ;)

I've always felt like "Groundhog Day" has more of a Christmas theme than say..... Groundhog day. :laugh:

Anyway, I don't think that both versions of the Grinch should be together. One's a classic and one is... well.... carp.

It's a Wonderful Life. I cry every time.

Is Love, Actually really that good? Someone turned me off of it when it came out. But I'm stockpiling movie ideas for when dh has to be out of town soon.

Since we also seem to be confessing movies we didn't care for, I'll admit that Love Actually isn't high on my list, though I tend to like older movies. Watch it for yourself and decide what you think. I'll probably give it another chance this year to see if I still feel the same.

A modern movie I forgot that I do enjoy is The Holiday.

:D

Shanvan - I didn't like "Love Actually" much either...and I normally like all those actors and Brit-movies. But, that one didn't do much for me either.

I thought it was OK, but just that. Could have done with another script revision and a bit tighter editing. I do love Tim from The Office (aka Martin Freeman) though.

we love angela lansbury's

Mrs. Santa Claus.

and every year we watch

Trapped in Paradise

because my brother has a bit part, and because it is set in Niagara on the Lake, where my family lives, so its a bit like going home for christmas.

this year i watched

The Christmas Wife

for the first time, and it was completely different than i had thought it would be. its stuck with me.

almost dinner time,

ann

I had to vote for Elf. It's just so watchable. I also really like The Family Man (Tea Leoni & Nicolas Cage) this time of year.

I hate Love, Actually. Like PrincessMommy, I like the actors and I generally like British comedies (and dramas).

Oh! We like Elf too. I completely forgot about Family Man--I especially love when he throws a fit about the suit he wants at the mall!