Menu

Taylor Swift - Is it just me....

I don't know why! Their family doesn't have the best longevity, nor those closely associated with them. They have had more tragedy than any family should.

I think it's an image thing. She's already dressing like she's in a Kennedy clan mini-series. :tongue_smilie:

I just feel like Taylor puts on a lot. Acting shocked and surprised when you win an award or someone tells you they are a big fan? After all these years? Fake. Innocent and just wants to be loved by someone? I think fake. She's had way too many brief, high profile romances that were then portrayed as "one true loves" in her songs. I think if you go to dinner with her you get a song ;)

I agree that she seems a little off, in general.

:iagree:

I, too, think it is odd that she wants to date a high schooler. It sounds like she is enamored of the Kennedys and is willing to overlook the fact that he still has 2 years of high school left in order to hang with his family.

Interesting story...I guess she is now a wedding crasher???

Doesn't sound like it to me. She was invited. Sounds like the bride was happy to have her their. Just the mother of the bride seemed to not want her at the wedding. There was a wedding invitation. That kind of negates the crashing part. I don't believe you are crashing a wedding if you were invited to attend.:001_huh:

Doesn't sound like it to me. She was invited. Sounds like the bride was happy to have her their. Just the mother of the bride seemed to not want her at the wedding. There was a wedding invitation. That kind of negates the crashing part. I don't believe you are crashing a wedding if you were invited to attend.:001_huh:

Again, according to Kathie Lee Gifford, grandmother of the bride by marriage, Kennedy was invited, ( he wasnot dating Taylor when the invites went out, so she was not included,) but he never RSVPd. (I am wondering howmany highschool kids get their own invite. I am thinking he was included on his parents invite.

He called the mother of the bride just one hour before the wedding and asked if he could come and bring Taylor. He was denied as it was a sit down dinner and he had not RSVPd ahead of time, so presumably no place for them to sit. He/they showed up anyway and were asked to leave. Twice.

I'm more concerned about why he is 18 and just starting 11th grade.

Personally, I've always thought anyone would be crazy to date her. Do they want all their personal business summed up in song? I think she's a little crazy myself.

Well, quite. she's already established herself as the queen of classless boyfriend bashing songwriters, but hey! It's a sure way to get another 15 minutes of fame. :glare:

Personally, I've always thought anyone would be crazy to date her. Do they want all their personal business summed up in song? I think she's a little crazy myself.

He may have missed a year or more. Isn't he RFK Jr's son? If so, his mother committed suicide. It was last year, I think. He may also have started K at 6...then with the death...and whatever family chaos preceded the death, was set behind.

That sounds like it could be some dramatic relationship. He must be at boarding school, so maybe it will blow over when school starts up. They don't need each others' crazy.

And we worry that Harry was naked in Las Vegas. I think of the proper Queen in her hats, then the insane antics of her offspring. Of course, royals have always done what ever they wished (No son? Off with your heads!) , but now it's splashed on a 24/7 pop news cycle. I suppose naked in Vegas is better than sending your sister to the dungeons.

Edited by LibraryLover

Fall birthday who just missed the cutoff and then was redshirted in K to give him an academic or sports advantage? If that's the case he'll graduate at 19 which isn't that unusual. Poor kid. Bet his parents never saw this one coming when they decided to hold him back.

He may have missed a year or more. Isn't he RFK Jr's son? If so, his mother committed suicide. It was last year, I think. He may also have started K at 6...then with the death...and whatever family chaos preceded the death, set him behind.

Ah, or that.

He may have missed a year or more. Isn't he RFK Jr's son? If so, his mother committed suicide. It was last year, I think. He may also have started K at 6...then with the death...and whatever family chaos preceded the death, set him behind.

That sounds like it could be some dramatic relationship. He must be at boarding school, so maybe it will blow over when school starts up. They don't need each others' crazy.

Yes, he is RFK Jr's son. So, you have a good point there. And yes, he attends a co-ed college prep boarding school. So, it may all blow over at that point.

I don't think it's as weird as it would be if they were normal folks...she an adult with a 9-5 job and he a regular high-schooler who leaves with his backpack in the mornings. The differences are probably not as pronounced as they would be in the "real world".

And...he is 18.

I don't think it's as weird as it would be if they were normal folks...she an adult with a 9-5 job and he a regular high-schooler who leaves with his backpack in the mornings. The differences are probably not as pronounced as they would be in the "real world".

And...he is 18.

He is going to need a lot of support to finish high school. Sad to say, I can see him ending up dead before that. Thrill-seeking, drinking etc. There's baggage. Anyone know what boarding school? I'm hoping it's not a 'regular' one.

Ok ... this made me laugh! So true!!!

He is going to need a lot of support to finish high school. Sad to say, I can see him ending up dead before that. Thrill-seeking, drinking etc. There's baggage. Anyone know what boarding school? I'm hoping it's not a 'regular' one.

Quoting myself to say I just Googled. He's at Deerfield Academy.

ETA: It's a 'regular' prep school, having had some behavior issues in the past, but they have a dress code, sit down meals etc. It's a bit more old-school/traditional than some prep schools. I've heard stories, but all schools have stories. I hope he makes it.

Edited by LibraryLover

Yes, there is baggage. His mom is the Kennedy who committed suicide a few months ago.

I like Taylor Swift, so does DD. I thought I saw her on Ellen recently and she said she does not date. Or maybe that was not so recent. I have a hard time with my timeline.

I think it must have been quite a while ago, because Taylor Swift is pretty well known for dating celebrity men and then immortalizing their failed relationships in her songs.

I don't know much about her, but what I have heard makes her sound like kind of a little tramp.