Menu

Yay! The hive is back

The power has been out in large portions of Virginia and neighboring states due to the storms there.

My sister-in-law's little sister just had her wedding reception there (somewhere in Virginia), and they thought they were going to have to cancel, but the church gym they were using happened to have a generator. So not only did they have lights, they also had AC. The reception was well-attended, and everyone stayed to enjoy the cool air!

Edited by Maus

:party:

Yay!! I lost count of how many times I came and checked to see if the site was back up! Then, I lost count of how many times I kept checking Peace Hill Press on FB for updates! Seems there are a lot of candidates here for a 12 step program...:lol:

Good Morning, everyone! I don't normally check in here on Sunday mornings BUT just had to check to see if the hive was up and running. So glad that my life can get back to normal now;)

:iagree: I wouldn't normally check in now, but yesterday I COULDN'T. And whatever I can't have is, of course, what I want most in the entire world.

I so missed the hive yesterday!!!

I finished my Camp NaNoWriMo novel and had no one to tell!

I made my exercise goal for June (Weight Loss Challenge Group) and couldn't share!

It was a terrible day. So glad you are all back with me now!!

I am so glad the forum is back up.

It is amazing how such a small storm caused so much damage. Over 1 million people lost power, 5 people were killed, DC has declared a state of emergency and some people will not have power restored for a week.

My prayers go out to anyone affected by this storm.

It is amazing how such a small storm caused so much damage. Over 1 million people lost power, 5 people were killed, DC has declared a state of emergency and some people will not have power restored for a week.

That small storm was a super derecho with wind speeds from 80 to 91 mph in places. Link from Indiana to the coast, NJ to NC.

With a day with no power or internet, I was antsy with the idea that I couldn't log in and surf, even when I wasn't planning to be online, lol.

Our storm warnings were listing 80 mph winds, although it might have only been 65 when it actually came through here. And we were near the beginning of the path!

We were one of the rare areas around here with electric the entire time, but our internet was down most of yesterday. We also had a boil water advisory and a lot of our county didn't have water, which I didn't find out about until the internet came back up. I think the pumping stations have electricity now, but there's still a boil advisory.

I would have gotten quite a bit done with the forum down, but I way overdid it with absolutely no internet. My husband was shocked at how much I had cleaned and unpacked, but my pregnant self has been paying the price for it since then.

Wow...i hadn't heard about the 5 deaths. That is so very sad.

I am in WV and our governor has declared a state of emergency as well. We are also looking at about a week until our electricity is restored.

Glad the hive is back though!

That's insane. My prayers are definitely with those affected by the storm. It also makes me think we had better finish our 72 hour emergency kit sooner than I thought, because you just never know when some crazy storm is going to decend

Then you have a good excuse for being lazy and playing on the hive today! The sad thing is, I can go days w/out getting on the board, but when I'm really stressed and I come here to relax, and it's down... I go into panic mode! :lol: