Menu

What is "c/p"?

Crisis plateau; you know, when things get so bad, they couldn't possibly get any worse.

(It really means cross post; meaning, the poster started the same thread on another forum of the same board. Like if someone wanted to ask about advanced math for a 4th grader, they might c/p it on the K-8 board and the advanced-or-whatever-it's-called board.)

:D

Crisis plateau; you know, when things get so bad, they couldn't possibly get any worse.

(It really means cross post; meaning, the poster started the same thread on another forum of the same board. Like if someone wanted to ask about advanced math for a 4th grader, they might c/p it on the K-8 board and the advanced-or-whatever-it's-called board.)

Really? I've seen 'x-post' before. Huh. Good thing someone asked, I guess.

Guest submarines

For the longest time it meant cervical position to me (on a TTC board). It took me a while to adjust to its other meanings. :001_huh::lol:

crab pasta

Cookie Puss? DH's contribution is crunchy popcorn.

crock pot (uh-oh! We've headed into controversy now!)

Classy person.

Sincerely,

c/p

:lol::lol::lol:

On these forums? Usually, copy/paste or cross/post.

Thank you. Yes, I meant on these boards.

His dad said it must be why he's late all the time. He runs on "c/p time" which is not the same as "white people time." I had never heard it before that moment.

Seriously? Seriously?! Wow. That's really awful. I can't even manage a proper response.

I don't have any contributions to what c/p could mean, but seriously...this is not cool. At all. Not even as a joke. Des your brother understand that is negatively stereotyping "colored people"?

My Filipino family will all ask if an invitation is for Filipino time or American time. It is a cultural thing for us - not stereotyping and not negative. I'm assuming that this might be something similar even though the word "colored" makes me cringe a bit.

I don't have any contributions to what c/p could mean, but seriously...this is not cool. At all. Not even as a joke. Des your brother understand that is negatively stereotyping "colored people"?

I think he was saying it as a caricature of a stereotype. He is "colored people."

Edited by KristinaBreece

My Filipino family will all ask if an invitation is for Filipino time or American time. It is a cultural thing for us - not stereotyping and not negative. I'm assuming that this might be something similar even though the word "colored" makes me cringe a bit.

Yes, Jean. I just called him and he said that it is a cultural thing. 5:00 means 6:30....

Ok, sounds like I misunderstood the tone of the words then. I'm sorry for the error! I can jump the gun a bit sometimes!

I'm sorry, too. I forget that people can't "hear" me online.

When I re-read that, and looked at it thinking "How would this look if I didn't know this person's tone of voice?", I had to look at my two little blonde munchkins in my avatar, and assume that I couldn't hear Dom's sarcasm and laugh when he said this and... I was like this:

:001_huh:

:blink:

:eek:

:boxing_smiley:

So now I'm :blush:.