Menu

Who's seeing the Hunger Games this weekend?

After I read the books last month, I told my husband I might like to see this in theaters. We're not crazy enough to go the first weekend it's out, but we are going to see it eventually.

I did tell my husband he had to read the book first...and now he's holding my kindle hostage and so hooked into the book he takes it to work to read in his spare seconds! Gotta' love that! :lol:

:seeya: Us! And I guess we're one of the crazy ones because we're going at midnight tonight. :001_huh:

Me too! It's my first ever midnight premiere -- I can't wait! Headed to the theater in about an hour to meet some friends & watch all the crazies! :D

Seeing it tomorrow on IMAX.:D

Lucky you!!! I think this would be a fun movie to watch on IMAX. Unfortunately, while we do have an IMAX theater closeby, it is not showing the hunger games. :glare:

My best friend and I are going on Saturday night. I already purchased our tickets...just in case.

DD and I are going with friends at 12:10!!! Our first ever midnight show. We were able to get reserved seats so we don't have to begin waiting in line at 8. I am too old for that :001_smile:

Mary

I'm also too old for a midnight premier but I'm going anyway with my daughter, 10 of her friends, and their moms. We got advance tickets but I understand we'll be going at 10pm and they start seating at 11pm.

I wish, but I'll be seeing it next weekend instead. Our prickly local weekly gave it a strong review, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

ETA: Both prickly local weeklies gave it strong reviews.

Edited by nmoira

I'm also too old for a midnight premier but I'm going anyway with my daughter, 10 of her friends, and their moms. We got advance tickets but I understand we'll be going at 10pm and they start seating at 11pm.

Yes, but they aren't allowed to start the show until midnight so take a book or something. They seat early so people can go to the bathrooms and get their snacks and everything before the movie starts. I went to a few midnight showings now and they run really smoothly.

DD and I are going with friends at 12:10!!! Our first ever midnight show. We were able to get reserved seats so we don't have to begin waiting in line at 8. I am too old for that :001_smile:

Mary

Our theater is sold out. The box office won't even be open and last time they didn't even have the Fandango will call office open. You just turned in you reservations in. They just formed 20 random lines and herded us all into rooms simultaneously. They allowed just enough time for people to go to the bathroom, get seated and get their snacks before the preveiws started.

My 16yo and my 13yo and I all love the series. My dh just started reading it tonight.

We have been planning to go to a Sunday matinee to see it. My 13yo won tickets to a showing Friday evening, but she is miserably sick and the thought that she might feel too sick to go tomorrow is making her more miserable. She went to the doctor this morning and is on antibiotics.

My dh is actually leaving right now to go see the midnight showing with a friend. I just can't go to midnight showings anymore. I'm a night owl, but that's too late.

My 16yo and my 13yo and I all love the series. My dh just started reading it tonight.

We have been planning to go to a Sunday matinee to see it. My 13yo won tickets to a showing Friday evening, but she is miserably sick and the thought that she might feel too sick to go tomorrow is making her more miserable. She went to the doctor this morning and is on antibiotics.

My dh is actually leaving right now to go see the midnight showing with a friend. I just can't go to midnight showings anymore. I'm a night owl, but that's too late.

Aww! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for her!

As for us, we'll probably do a matinee in a few weeks... That way we have more space in the theater!

ds (14) and I have a "date" to see it this afternoon. We are the only ones in the household to read the series so we get to go before the rest of the family. Plus, I'm excited to have a day for just the two of us (we're going out to eat as well).

Sue

Saw it at midnight last night. How I got roped into this, I'm not sure...:tongue_smilie:

We saw it at an IMAX theater. Ugh. The screen was huge. And since we weren't one of the folks that got there hours prior to the movie, there were almost no seats left. So we ended up in the third row! It was crazy. You had to strain your neck the entire time. Why IMAX theaters have seats that close to the screen is beyond me. In addition, the way the movie was filmed there was so much blurriness, for instance, to indicate running through the woods, or a tussle between combatants. So, it was not easy to watch, for me. Worse, though, for a friend of one of my girls who came with us. She vomited from motion sickness right at the climax! Fortunately she made it to the bathroom on time. And, no, it wasn't due to graphic nature. For those that are concerned about that, I'm glad they were able to minimize the gore for a movie totally about killing.

Having said that, the movie was okay. It was very true to the book. Only minor changes. My girls liked it. To me, it was an action movie and I'm not an action movie fan. The romance was very very minimal and personally, I just didn't feel the chemistry between Katniss and Peeta. I know Katniss doesn't really feel anything for Peeta at this point in the series, but Peeta feels for her and I didn't get that.