Menu

Are you like me?

Hello everyone,

I have wanted to post for a while now, but feel like I really don't have a lot to say that hasn't already been brought up. I have been following this forum since the old boards. My Kids are now 16 and 14. We have homeschooled from the beginning. My question is sort of a way to introduce myself. Not in a way that exalts. One of the reasons I love this forum is because of its diversity. Well here goes. This is me.

Evangelical Christian (SBC)

I am 35 soon to be 36

Married for 17.5 years

Some college. No degree

Children-girl 16 son 14

Active in our church.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them.

I guess I seem to be rambling, but I just want people to know that Homeschoolers come in all shapes and sizes and that this journey has been amazing.

Are you like me? or us?

If not what makes us different?

Nice meeting you all :)

Edited by Pineapple

Hello everyone,

I have wanted to post for a while now, but feel like I really don't have a lot to say that hasn't already been brought up. I have been following this forum since the old boards. My Kids are now 16 and 14. We have homeschooled from the beginning. My question is sort of a way to introduce myself. Not in a way that exalts. One of the reasons I love this forum is because of its diversity. Well here goes. This is me.

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Me too

I am 35 soon to be 36 I am older than you by 12 years

Married for 17.5 years 30 years

Some college. No degree I have a degree

Children-girl 16 son 14 6 kids, see my siggy

Active in our church. Me too

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them.

We do all of that, except no one has a boyfriend and we have a large homeschool formal instead of going to the prom. My 18yo has had a girlfriend in the past.

I guess I seem to be rambling, but I just want people to know that Homeschoolers come in all shapes and sizes and that this journey has been amazing.

Are you like me? or us?

Nice to meet you! My answers are in red. We are such a diverse group that I'm sure there are people who are a lot like you, and plenty that wouldn't be like you at all. That's why I love this board!

Hi there!

Yes - we are exactly like you!

Well, except maybe that we aren't Evangelical anything, I am 'way older and have been married longer, I have too many degrees, I don't happen to have a 14yo right now (though I had them in the past and will again), and I'm not terribly active in my church, though the family seems to be.

Oh well, there must have been SOMETHING in your list that we have in common! Oh yeah - the Home Schooling part, that's right! Isn't it fun to homeschool teenagers? I enjoy it far more than when they were little.

Welcome!

Very different here, but we can all get along.

Practicing Muslim, former religious mutt and PK

I am 27

Single mama, never been married. No boyfriend in the picture either.

Had to drop out of college 1 year away from finishing 3 degrees when I got sick

Children - DD age 5 my miracle baby

Not active in church {but it's not a requirement either}, actively studying my faith and practicing

My DD is a little homebody, but it's due to her ASD and multiple food allergies. We don't do much of anything with others as a regular thing - we do drop in at Morgan's Wonderland {the greatest special needs park on the planet}, and places like the zoo and such. We don't do video games really - never been into them.

And I'm a 2nd generation homeschooler - I was homeschooled myself from 4th - 9th grades.

I'm sure I like you, but we are a little different. But different is good. :001_smile:

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Evangelical Christian (PCA)

I am 35 soon to be 36 I'm older

Married for 17.5 years 13.5 years

Some college. No degree BA and other stuff

Children-girl 16 son 14 Boy 12, Boy 10, Boy 9, Boy 7

Active in our church. Me too.

Dh and I occasionally take our kids to movies and we watch movies together at home. We listen to Contempary Christian music and Clasical music. We play a lot of chess on-line and in tournaments.

My kids can be thoughtful and do love each other, but like to wrestle and sometimes want to kill each other. I'm proud of my kids too.

I guess I seem to be rambling, but I just want people to know that Homeschoolers come in all shapes and sizes and that this journey has been amazing. Yes, we ARE all different. I'm glad of it as I like who I am and like the differences I see in others!! Makes life more interesting.

Oh, Nice to meet you! You can see I don't often post as I don't feel I have much to say which will enhance the conversations. But I DO like to "listen".

Welcome! :D:grouphug: My answers in purple!

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) LDS

I am 35 soon to be 36 34 going on 35

Married for 17.5 years Almost 14

Some college. No degree BS Degree

Children-girl 16 son 14 Son, almost 9, 6.5 yo girl, 3 yo girl

Active in our church. Yep

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. Some of this applies, but my kids are younger. We're picky about media, but they do play electronic games (computer, DS, Wii), we listen to both secular and religious music (the song du jour here is S.I.M.P. from the Phineas and Ferb sountrack :lol:). Overall I think we have a pretty awesome family!

Are you like me? or us?

Hi! :seeya:

We have some things in common! I'm 36. I'm a Non-Denominational Christian we're active in our church, dd14 goes to our churches school. I have 6 of my own and 3 step sons with one on the way. I've been married to dh for almost 6 years before that I was a single mom (I lost my first husband when dd13 was an infant). I do have a college degree. We do everything you mentioned. Ds17 has a girlfriend and is also going to prom this year. Dd14 (almost 15) has a boyfriend too.

And who cares if you have anything new to say -- post anyway! (I didn't get to nearly 5,000 posts by being innovative or interesting, you know... )

:iagree: half my posts are nothing interesting :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Laura in MI

I'm a bit different, but I'm sure I'll like you.

Evangelical Christian (SBC) I'm atheist, my husband is more of an agnostic

I am 35 soon to be 36 I'm 37 (will be 38 in July)

Married for 17.5 years Married for 14.5 years

Some college. No degree here's one we have in common

Children-girl 16 son 14 my kids are boy-12.5, girl-10, boy-6.5

Active in our church. We don't go to church, which I'm sure you guessed considering the first thing listed :)

My kids have no tv or video game limits, they love movies and DVDs, they all have their own computers with no parental filters as we haven't had an issue with anything inappropriate being purposely sought out. They also all stay up til midnight almost every night. We don't usually get up before 10 am and usually don't start schooling until after lunch.

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Non-denominational Born Again Christian since July, ex-JW

I am 35 soon to be 36 same age!

Married for 17.5 yearssame here!

Some college. No degree ditto

Children-girl 16 son 14 lol girl 9 son 4 nephews 17 and 19, niece 20 (I consider myself their step-mom)

Active in our church. Not at all right now, kind of scared. Getting baptized by water Sunday!

My kids sleep late, stay up late, fight with each other... love each other. I just signed DD up for girl scouts and she was in dance last year. She loves ancient history and science. TV and computer are a problem for us (too much), but I haven't implemented any rules, though I did have to crack down on a couple of shows due to bad language and/or nightmares (Wizards of Waverly Place is one). We have guinea pigs that we all love so much. We listen to just about anything, but mostly 60s and 80s, and we just discovered Christian radio stations. I am trying to get all of us more active in general, more friends... we have been isolated and are just starting out.

Nice to meet you too!

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Hi there!

Yes - we are exactly like you!

Well, except maybe that we aren't Evangelical anything, I am 'way older and have been married longer, I have too many degrees, I don't happen to have a 14yo right now (though I had them in the past and will again), and I'm not terribly active in my church, though the family seems to be.

Oh well, there must have been SOMETHING in your list that we have in common! Oh yeah - the Home Schooling part, that's right! Isn't it fun to homeschool teenagers? I enjoy it far more than when they were little.

Welcome!

I love this post. :D

I'm not sure I am like you, but I'm sure I will like you! :001_smile:

And who cares if you have anything new to say -- post anyway! (I didn't get to nearly 5,000 posts by being innovative or interesting, you know... :D)

Cat always says what I am thinking better than I say it:D

Jump in! I am sure you have a lot to share.

Faithe

I'm not sure I am like you, but I'm sure I will like you! :001_smile:

And who cares if you have anything new to say -- post anyway!

:iagree::iagree: Cat, anytime I think of something to say you always say it better than I could have! :)

To OP, I'm weird and haven't yet found anyone else like me, but from what you wrote about yourself and your family I could like you too! :) :grouphug:

Hi, Pineapple. Nice to meet you! My answers in purple:

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Roman Catholic

I am 35 soon to be 36 48 going on 49

Married for 17.5 years Married for 20.5 years

Some college. No degree BS in Mathematics (that I don't remember enough to teach my own kids)

Children-girl 16 son 14 son 18, son 15, daughter 11

Active in our church. Same

Other than my boys not being as social despite opportunities and being intensely private about any interest in girls, we sound alike. Dd is the opposite - quite social (and, so far, not bitten by the boy-crazy bug, TG.) If I have done anything well, it is that we have created an environment of peaceful, loving sibling relationships. My boys are best friends, so much so that I sometimes have to strongly encourage them to develop relationships outside of the family. They adore their sometimes purposely annoying little sister, rather than just tolerate her.

Are you like me? or us?

We are not alike but there are some things we have in common

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Chruch of Christ

I am 35 soon to be 36 32

Married for 17.5 years 10

Some college. No degree BS in Mass Communications minor is Political Sci

Children-girl 16 son 14 DS 7 DS 4 DS 2

Active in our church. (very)

We take our kids to the movies and we watch tv/movies but only what we deem appropriate. They watch alot of Charlie Brown and Play with Me Sesame, we dvr things and repeat. My kids attend and we host sleepovers. We listen to all types of music. My kids are thoughtful and fight with one another. Its just apart of growing up. Once one of our boys is old enough to date. I am not sure how I will feel then but now I feel like that would be ok. Lots of supervision and open communication would have to happen though.

Are you like me? or us?

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Evangelical Christian, also

I am 35 soon to be 36 37--almost 38

Married for 17.5 years Married almost 16 years

Some college. No degree No college. (Husband has science and teaching degrees, though.)

Children-girl 16 son 14 Three boys (10, 7, 5) and a little girl (15 months)

Active in our church. Same here.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. My boys don't really do sleepovers, and they don't have girlfriends :001_smile: but the rest is the same.

Are you like me? or us?

Nice to meet you!

Edited by Heidi @ Mt Hope

Interesting and fun idea for a thread! We, however, are pretty different. That's what makes this place fun though. If everyone was like me, it'd be like I was just talking to myself and I can do that without paying for the internet.

Catholic

Just turned 30

BS in Engineering

One little girl but we're trying to adopt because we want more

Active in our church

We hardly ever watch TV but when we do it's normally BBC stuff. We love to read and do art projects and lots of traveling. My DH and DD are the light of my life!

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Me too

I am 35 soon to be 36 38

Married for 17.5 years almost 4 years (was married before)

Some college. No degree 2 degrees, Associate in nursing and Bachelor in nursing

Children-girl 16 son 14 Son-21, girls 8 and almost 3, granddaughter-2, 2 stepdaughters 19 and 17

Active in our church. I go every Sunday I am not working, other than that, we don't have choirs, etc.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. Oldest is on his own, my littles go to the movies with us, 8-yo has sleepovers at 3 places, one good friend, one girl from church x1, and my sister's. No video games but we do IPad games.

Are you like me? or us?

Pretty plain jane family here. Glad to meet you.

Here is me- I am a bit different

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Yes but (PCUSA)

I am 35 soon to be 36 No. I am in my late 40's

Married for 17.5 years Longer, married for 26.5 years

Some college. No degree No, I have both a BA and MS and all coursework for PhD

Children-girl 16 son 14 I have three=22,18, and 15

Active in our church. YES

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. Mostly the same though no one is dating now and none dated at 16.

Hello everyone,

I am 35 soon to be 36

Married for 17.5 years

Some college. No degree

Children-girl 16 son 14

Active in our church.

Are you like me? or us?

We're a secular Jewish family (not particularly religious but celebrate the major holidays for cultural/traditional/heritage reasons), I'm 38, married for over 11 years, AOS degree, 20 year old daughter, 11 year old daughter, 6 year old son, do not attend any churches or temples, we have active social lives and do not limit music or television much except to keep it reasonably age-appropriate. We don't really care what someone else's religious beliefs are or educational philosophies- when choosing our friends, we just care how people treat and relate to others. We're pretty tolerant/non-judgmental and as long as you are, too (general you), we're good. :)

Glad you posted!

P.S. We haven't dealt with the dating thing yet though because my 20 y/o has special needs and it hasn't been an issue with her, and my 11 y/o is still too young!

I don't know how to quote right, been on here awhile, but not good with computers too much.

So, non-denominational evangelical, 35, bachelor's degree in biblical counseling, married almost 12 years, live overseas, 2 kiddos 9yodd and 6yods with little girl on the way (due May 2). We like movies, don't watch much TV because we don't like Brazilian TV (too much bad stuff) and we don't want to pay for satellite, kids play games on the internet that we preapprove, kids are too young for dating and want to keep them that way for awhile :), am looking forward to the homeschool journey, am a little jealous of all you mom's who have libraries and homeschool coops/groups to be involved in, field trips, ahhhh! But God has been good and we're enjoying our journey.

I almost could have written this ;)

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Me too, although I'm not 100% committed to being Baptist :tongue_smilie:

I am 35 soon to be 36 35 here too

Married for 17.5 years married 19

Some college. No degree, same here

Children-girl 16 son 14 girl 15, and girls 11 (twins)

Active in our church. When we get this move out of the way, me too.

This is us as well (except the boyfried part...but I don't give the hairy eye to those that have them as teens...lol) My dd went to the prom and had a blast.

Are you like me? or us?

Super newbie on the forum... glad to see a post like this, if for no other reason than to have a few posts myself!

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Practicing Muslim

I am 35 soon to be 36 I'm 30ish

Married for 17.5 years Married for almost three years and having a blast!

Some college. No degree Bachelor's in Information Systems

Children-girl 16 son 14 Two girls, 12 and 1 yrs

Active in our church. Active in the mosque in our community

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. My older daughter loves throwing slumber parties with themes and just generally doing anything that requires a list and being organized (but you wouldn't guess it by looking at her room! hehe) We are careful about the movies and what hits our ears, but we don't live under a rock either. :)

Are you like me? or us?

Evangelical Christian (SBC) I am a follower of Jesus

I am 35 soon to be 36 I am 37

Married for 17.5 years Married for 14 years

Some college. No degree BA Psychology

Children-girl 16 son 14 DS 12, DD 9, DS 8

Active in our church. We attend church every Sunday and look forward to going.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. We go to the movies. We listen to CCM and lots of secular music. We love video games! My kids fight with each other, but they'll also be the first to have each other's backs, if needed.

Hi and welcome! My answers are in blue.

Hi! I love these posts and haven't shared much, but here goes.....:001_smile:

Christian with a rocky church history, didn't go anywhere for a few years because of it, going now (and my husband is more active than I am) not really loving it, but doing it for the kids, for now

married 22.5 yrs. to my high school sweetheart (and we met in jr. high)

BA & MA in Education (helpful in dealing with HS critics :001_smile:)

Kids ~ 13 dd, and nearly 8 yr. old triplets ~ 2 boys and a girly girl

Pretty much the same on the lifestyle stuff, except no dating ~ yet! Yikes!

Thanks for the thread.........I love knowing more about everyone and I'm thankful for all of our differences.

Julie

Not much like you at all, but differences are what makes the world go 'round, and I'm glad you've joined us! :001_smile:

My answers in blue, below:

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Pretty a-religious now, though raised Catholic and spent some time in a welcoming, liberal UCC church and enjoyed that very much. Been hurt and frankly puzzled by zealots and taking some time to heal.

I am 35 soon to be 36 41, will be 42 in September

Married for 17.5 years Ah, here's where we're alike! I've been married 17 years as well! :001_smile:

Some college. No degree BA in American Studies with a minor in political science, K-8 teaching certfication. MS in Reading and Language Arts

Children-girl 16 son 14 Only one child, a daughter, 14.5 years old

Active in our church. See above re: religion

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. Same on most counts, except we don't listen to Christian music and we never really allowed video games, though with an only child who is a girl, it was never much of a discussion as she's never been interested AT. ALL. If she had suddenly asked for a PlayStation for Christmas, we probably would not have bought it for her. No moral objection, I just think that time spent sitting on her butt, moving only her eyeballs and her thumbs is not time well-spent. Plus, I hate the visual violence.

Are you like me? or us?

Hello everyone,

I am 35 soon to be 36

Married for 17.5 years

Some college. No degree

Children-girl 16 son 14

Active in our church.

Are you like me? or us?

we not like you but it's nice to meet you!!

Conservative face covering Muslim

I am 26 turning 27 in the summer

married almost 4yr

some college no degree

children- 1 boy 2.5 yrs

our family is very active in our mosque( mostly my husband because he does lectures every week for adults. i am currently learning arabic and doing a religious studies program so i can be more active)we love going to lectures and conferences.

we don't listen to music or watch tv except for animal documentaries, religious programs and a couple of arabic cartoons/childrens shows for my son, we don't watch movies, we don't allow video games(even though he's too young for them lol) we do like to travel, read , visit friends etc

Welcome! My answers are in blue.

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) LDS

I am 35 soon to be 36 just turned 46

Married for 17.5 years 19.5

Some college. No degree BA in Music.

Children-girl 16 son 14 son -9; daughters-7 and just turned 2 (she, my father, and I all share a birthday!)

Active in our church. Active in our church.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. Nowhere near dating yet, happily! Active in Cub Scouts. (DH and I are Den Leaders and son loves Cubs!) We listen to Classical Music (my influence) and Barbershop (DH is a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society) mostly. We also like other A Capella styles, Jazz, Movie Theme type stuff (esp. anything by John Williams).

We like movies, but won't go to R rated. Well, DH and I go to movies, or DH goes with DD7 on their date night, but DS9 has very little tolerance for loud noises, so we don't go to the theater as a family often. We rely on Netflix and DVDs.

We allow E or T video games. The kids' taste runs to things like WII Sports Resort, though, so it isn't much of an issue!

DD2 adores her big brother and sister. They tolerate her. DD7 and DS9 are best friends -- when they aren't trying to kill each other. (Typical close siblings, in other words! :D)

Are you like me? or us?

To OP, I'm weird and haven't yet found anyone else like me, but from what you wrote about yourself and your family I could like you too! :) :grouphug:

Ibby, I don't know if you noticed, but I didn't answer the OP's questions at all, because I'm weird, too, and I didn't feel the need to get all specific about the details. ;)

Oh, I don't think you're weird at all. I just didn't really know how to start off an introductory post without it feeling all about me. I really wanted to see how diverse the group was. Like I said I have been reading these boards almost daily since the old boards. I already know how "wierd" people are. (I say that tounge in cheek) I like that it's full of different backgrounds and opinions that's why I have been lurking for years. I am glad to meet you and would love to know how we are different or the same. I love this place!

And who cares if you have anything new to say -- post anyway! (I didn't get to nearly 5,000 posts by being innovative or interesting, you know... :D)

I am posting a non-innovative nor interesting post simply to say, "This post made me chuckle audibly."

Evangelical Christian (SBC) - Same, but not SBC.

I am 35 soon to be 36 - 40 here

Married for 17.5 years - 13.5 years

Some college. No degree - Masters degree

Children-girl 16 son 14 - boy 10, boy 8, and girl 3

Active in our church. - Yes, relatively active. I teach a preschool class once a month.

We don't have TV reception and have no cable so my kids rarely watch TV, but we do watch DVDs. My kids love Wii and get an hour playing time each day.

Some similarities - some differences. If we were all the same this would be a boring place!

Welcome. I've shared most of this information, either in my signature or in responses to posts over time. Here it is all in one place though. My responses are in blue.

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Atheist. Raised Roman Catholic, married in the Methodist church. I've been an atheist for about 6 years.

I am 35 soon to be 36 56. My stepson is only a year younger than you.

Married for 17.5 years We celebrated our 18th anniversary this month. See, something in common already.

Some college. No degree BS degree in education. I spent 15 years teaching in the public school system. It's one of the reasons we decided to homeschool.

Children-girl 16 son 14 Son 14. Another thing in common! Stepson is 34, married, and his wife is due next month with their first child. I've been in his life since he was 14.

Active in our church. N/A

This describes us except for the Christian music, and getting along with siblings since his only sibling was an adult when he was born. He does get along with others well though, and makes us proud of him every day.

Homeschoolers come in all shapes and sizes and that this journey has been amazing.

:iagree:

Edited by floridamom
my usual reason: to fix a typo

Hello everyone,

Evangelical Christian (SBC) Me too!!

I am 35 soon to be 36 I'm two years older than you. :tongue_smilie:

Married for 17.5 years You've got us beat... 15 years here.

Some college. No degree Got mine in biochemistry and then went to nursing school.

Children-girl 16 son 14 Girl 11 and boy 8.

Active in our church. My huz is deployed for a year :patriot:and I'm embarrassed to say we haven't been to church much since he left. We have "home church" and worship in our own way for now.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. We also love the movies. And sleepovers. Boys (thank goodness) are still yucky. We danced to "Sherry" (an old 60's song) in the living room last night. My son is playing Age of Empires on the computer right now. (Awesome game of strategy.) My midgets are wholesome, well rounded, kind people who continutally amaze me with their strength and resilience. They make me laugh and be a better "me" every day.

Are you like me? or us?

All this to say hi. It's nice to meet you.

Hello everyone,

I am 35 soon to be 36

Married for 17.5 years

Some college. No degree

Children-girl 16 son 14

Active in our church.

Are you like me? or us?

Probably not; I'm kinda weird. But here's me:

More deist than Christian, but fairly active at a non-denominational, Evangelical church

I'm 40

Married 17.5 years (well, there's a similarity!)

I'm in college currently. No degree yet.

Girl 14, Boy 12 and Boy 7.

My kids go to sleepovers, dd has a sweet boyfriend and I'm fine with that. I listen to a lot of different music; country, classic rock, older pop, Christian rock, classical. We watch movies, allow video games, do both allowance and chores, require a high level of responsibility, but believe in having lots of fun. My kids are my shining light.

I've homeschooled from the beginning, but my oldest is in private high school now. I didn't think I wanted that but now I am SOOOO glad she is there!

My comparing answers in blue. Love the thread. I rarely start threads because I'm a little reserved.

Evangelical Christian (SBC) We JUST left a charasmatic nondenominational church for a local SBC (love it so far!)

I am 35 soon to be 36 I'm 41, but dh just turned 36, I'm a late bloomer.

Married for 17.5 years 16 years.

Some college. No degree Master's Degree in Elem and Spec Ed.

Children-girl 16 son 14 Boys, 10, 7, 2.

Active in our church. Likely to be active! We've been doing Awana and Sunday School and attended a "Discovering" class.

My kids do go to the movies with friends, have sleepovers, go to sleepovers, my daughter has a boyfriend (sweet boy by the way) She is going to prom this year. We listen to secular and christian music. We watch a variety of movies. We allow video games. My kids are thoughtful, love each other, and sometimes want to kill each other. They rock my world and I am so proud of them. This part matches, all but the boyfriend and the prom. I am still working on the thoughtful part, but they get compliments when we are out in public.

Catholic

Mid-40s

Married for 13 years

Some college, no degree

Former LEO and firefighter turned SAHM

Tweeny dd

Active in church

Kids go to the movies with friends, has sleep overs, but she refuses to go to sleep overs but could if she ever gets her courage up.

We love video games

If you know what my name and avatar mean you'll know I like secular music of a specific genre (not country)

We love Phineas and Ferb, Dr. Who, NCIS, and Top Gear. Along with other Disney, Nick and BBCA shows.

It was firmly established last week that I'm weird.

(What is SBC?)

Edited by Parrothead

Pineapple: Hello everyone

Hi!:001_smile:

I am 35 soon to be 36

Married for 17.5 years

Some college. No degree

Children-girl 16 son 14

Active in our church.

Well, I believe all Christians are evangelical if they believe what Jesus said, to go and make disciples of all nations. They just aren't the same kind of evangelical and will share their faith in very different kinds of ways. Some will speak, some will do, some will send, some will pay! Non-denom here.

I am LOTS older than you, though we have been married a similar amount of time (a little longer for me) and have kids of a similar age (yours slightly older). I married a lot older than you, and got three degrees prior to doing so, even having a career. Now my kids think I have never done anything but "be Mom":confused:

I want to be active in my church, as we have been in the past. I can't seem to find my church, my people. We have been long term members of two different churches who closed over time, one after 71 years!

My kids do sleepovers with close friend, and go to movies, skating, stuff like that with friends. No boyfriend yet, I'm happy to report, but then she's 15. We allow movies and video games. Kids love each other some days.

Are you like me? or us?

Now you made ME ramble. No one ever introduced herself of asked the question this way. I think I like you.;)