Menu

...do things differently from me? Do you think they just don't understand that my way is easy and superior, or is it more that their values are corrupt?

I see people all the time when I'm out and about. Some of them make choices very similar to mine, and you can tell that those people have a special radiance that everyone is drawn to. It really makes me wonder about the ones who don't do the same things I do. Should I pity them or feel contemptuous?

Just looking for some input here... I genuinely want to understand.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you do some things differently from me, I'll be sure to write a condescending response. Or take offense. Decisions, decisions.

ETA: I chose to cry instead.

Edited by nmoira

Oh no, honey, you've got it all wrong, bless your heart. It's because you have not yet recognized the error of YOUR ways. You are drawn to people who do things like you because corruption calls to corruption, and the sooner you come to your senses and turn to the truth the happier you will be. Once you realize how terribly, terribly deceived you have been you will long to be like your betters who you now mistakenly regard with pity or contempt. I sincerely hope you will soon come to genuinely understand and mend your wicked ways. I will pray for you.

;)

...do things differently from me? Do you think they just don't understand that my way is easy and superior, or is it more that their values are corrupt?

I see people all the time when I'm out and about. Some of them make choices very similar to mine, and you can tell that those people have a special radiance that everyone is drawn to. It really makes me wonder about the ones who don't do the same things I do. Should I pity them or feel contemptuous?

:lol::lol: :lol:Well, it's hard to explain, really...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: "Just looking for some input here... I genuinely want to understand." For sure, like well, I mean, you sound so very open minded.

"ETA: I meant this in the most holier-than-thou, condescending tone possible. Tone is so hard to read online."

This might be a time for my oft miss-quoted Falkner line: From dust shelves of certitude long divorced from reality.

OP~I know this is a snarky comment; it is meant to be. Please reread what you wrote and take note of its glaring intolerance of others.

I don't get why some people are sounding offended, and calling me judgmental? :confused::confused::confused: I was trying to just stick to the facts, and not bring personal judgment into things.

Tone is hard to read on the Internet (thank you, momoflaw!), so maybe it sounded like I was kind of full of myself. I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. I am literally the most humble, modest person you will ever meet. Ever. I am famous for never thinking of myself. Famous for it.

Maybe some of you are feeling defensive, because you've done things differently from me in the past, and that makes it hard for you to hear about the superiority of my way. :grouphug: I understand. Really, it's no big deal. When we know better, we do better.

I don't get why some people are sounding offended, and calling me judgmental? :confused::confused::confused: I was trying to just stick to the facts, and not bring personal judgment into things.

Tone is hard to read on the Internet (thank you, momoflaw!), so maybe it sounded like I was kind of full of myself. I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. I am literally the most humble, modest person you will ever meet. Ever. I am famous for never thinking of myself. Famous for it.

Maybe some of you are feeling defensive, because you've done things differently from me in the past, and that makes it hard for you to hear about the superiority of my way. :grouphug: I understand. Really, it's no big deal. When we know better, we do better.

Well, despite thanking me you've given me quite the tongue-lashing.

I didn't realize before now that I was such a horrible person.

[lest anyone get truly offended, I'm quoting & making fun of myself here]

Oh no, honey, you've got it all wrong, bless your heart. It's because you have not yet recognized the error of YOUR ways. You are drawn to people who do things like you because corruption calls to corruption, and the sooner you come to your senses and turn to the truth the happier you will be. Once you realize how terribly, terribly deceived you have been you will long to be like your betters who you now mistakenly regard with pity or contempt. I sincerely hope you will soon come to genuinely understand and mend your wicked ways. I will pray for you.

;)

:lol::lol:

Hilarious rebuttal!!

Well, considering I am another BRILLIANT person that always has the "right" opinion - we must think exactly alike! :D

If you disagree with this, please accept my most humble pity, you are sincerely mistaken.....bless your little heart.

P.S. TRUE Southerners add "little" to the phrase! ;)

[/i]Maybe some of you are feeling defensive, because you've done things differently from me in the past, and that makes it hard for you to hear about the superiority of my way. :grouphug: I understand. Really, it's no big deal. When we know better, we do better.

:lol::lol: Rivka you're the best...I've been telling my dh these things for years. He just can't see the light - and for his loss...I pity him. :D

Life is too short to waste time being wrong. If you know it, share it...the world needs the light of wisdom you have to offer. Darkness hides in corners of stupidity...don't linger there. If you are superior, all-knowing, and always right re-post this as your status. Only sagacious people will...the rest of you will have to get out the dictionary to see what that means. :D

:lol::lol: Rivka you're the best...I've been telling my dh these things for years. He just can't see the light - and for his loss...I pity him. :D

Pity is fine, but what I want to know is do you bless his little heart? It is never quite as condescending unless you add the Southern Sugar to stuff it (clear throat), excuse me,... I mean, help it ever so nicely, down his throat! ;)

Obviously it's because they are ill-informed. Perhaps if you took it upon yourself to educate those random strangers they would find their place in the shadow of your brilliance.

Of course, if you are non-controversial you could create a poll on an unrelated message board to find out what other random strangers think about your encounters with your circle of random strangers. :tongue_smilie:

Life is too short to waste time being wrong. If you know it, share it...the world needs the light of wisdom you have to offer. Darkness hides in corners of stupidity...don't linger there. If you are superior, all-knowing, and always right re-post this as your status. Only sagacious people will...the rest of you will have to get out the dictionary to see what that means. :D

:lol:

:iagree: Although I don't agree with all of this I will repost and agree out of obligation to this "random stranger" friend.

Pity is fine, but what I want to know is do you bless his little heart? It is never quite as condescending unless you add the Southern Sugar to stuff it (clear throat), excuse me,... I mean, help it ever so nicely, down his throat! ;)

Why yes, I do ever so sweetly bless his poor unfortunate soul. It is a sad man who is unable to appreciate the enlightenment so graciously dispensed by his beloved and thoughtful wife.

Bless his heart indeed. :D

This may be my most favouritest post ever. :D

:lol::lol:

Hilarious rebuttal!!

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here until Friday. You can leave tips in the jar at the door.

I thought about saying I could recommend a good psychologist or self-help book to help with recovery, but since self-righteousness was the whole point I figured an offer of prayer was more consistent with the tone. ;)

*Running off to cry again*

:lol:

I don't think the way you do because I am not selfish or full of myself.

My position is morally superior to yours. I just can't buy into your way of life because I am not a sheeple.

:tongue_smilie:

Cat

Um, I'm jumping in here on behalf of the people who self identify as sheep. They are already posting on this thread and they MAY be offended by your use of the term sheeple. I suggest you find another term to use, because I am offended for them, and since they haven't come back to this thread in the last two minutes I should speak up to defend them.

ETA: If you'll edit your post, I'll remove the quote and edit mine, so as to not offended those who might be offended.:tongue_smilie: