Menu

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm henna'ing my hair today. I'll let you know about the dandruff in about 6 more hours.

Henna? HENNA? Have you never heard that the HEN is not related to the HARE? HENNA on your HARE? That is NOT appropriate to things multiplying after their own kinds. I judge you. Bless your poor benighted heart.

And you need a kilt, too. Badly.

In my defense, the car was running and the doors were open. I could see them the whole time!

I just ran to put the shopping cart back in the corral.

But did you hit McDonald's on the way home?

OP here. I'm feeling really misunderstood. :crying:

All I wanted was to fix you guys. I don't know why this thread had to devolve into bickering and sarcasm.

You really need to go back and re-read your original post. You just stated your own opinion without taking into account every single possible worldview of every single board member, so your post came across as condescending and rude.

You didn't even say "YMMV".

I can't believe you can't see how offensive that is.

Cat

GASP!!!!! You must belong to the tin-foil hat crowd.
Are we not to wear tin-foil hats either? What about at the Traditional Latin Orthodoxer-Than-Thou Techno-Rave Masses? Tell me quick 'cause I'm going to that one tomorrow, and I want to be both modest and stylish.

By the way I wasn't able to find those makeup how-to videos by Sephora you recommended, but I found some fabulous ones by a sweet lady named Tammy Faye, and as her style seems very similar to that of the fashionable ladies I grew up with here in Texas, I'm going with her advice. Off to Home Depot for some applicators.

Are we not to wear tin-foil hats either? What about at the Traditional Latin Orthodoxer-Than-Thou Techno-Rave Masses? Tell me quick 'cause I'm going to that one tomorrow.

By the way I wasn't able to find those makeup how-to videos by Sephora you recommended, but I found some fabulous ones by a sweet lady named Tammy Faye, and as her style seems very similar to that of the fashionable ladies I grew up with here in Texas, I'm going with her advice. Off to Home Depot for some applicators.

:lol::lol::lol:

She left them at home with the 4 year old twins babysitting. At least that's what the neighbour said.

The neighbor who washes her car in a bikini? My dh won't move from our front window. She's been washing that car for three hours and the lobster is getting cold! My poor dh...if she would dress modestly, we could light the candles already!

Edited by LibraryLover

I just want to say that I'm a brand-new homeschooling mother and I came on this board thinking that everyone here would agree with exactly everything I think, and it's obvious from this post that you do not follow TO. THE. LETTER. the same beliefs that I do, so I'm never coming here again.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

The neighbor who washes her car in a bikini? My dh won't move from our front window. She's been washing that car for three house and the lobster is getting cold! My poor dh...if she would dress modestly, we could light the candles already!
It's probably all your fault, not being able to give him enough time and, ahem, attention, and I'll bet you've let yourself go a little bit appearance-wise because you're "tired" from the twinses (if indeed you have twinses... I'm still not convinced). Edited by nmoira

The neighbor who washes her car in a bikini? My dh won't move from our front window. She's been washing that car for three house and the lobster is getting cold! My poor dh...if she would dress modestly, we could light the candles already!

You mean you haven't had a talk with her yet? I am glad you know that your dh really can't help it. I hate to see wives holding there husbands accountable for their own actions. :drool5:

Rivka, I was going to laugh at your thread. But, I went and read Cdrumm's thread on sarcasm, and how people who use that kind of humor are like 10 kinds of wrong and morally inferior. (Really, there's a list.)

My mama never taught me how to use any other kind of humor. I just don't know how.

I feel ashamed and conflicted.

Take up punning for awhile, and, mark my works, you'll come running away from the groans and back to the lovely sarcasm. It's safer over here.

Rivka, I was going to laugh at your thread. But, I went and read Cdrumm's thread on sarcasm, and how people who use that kind of humor are like 10 kinds of wrong and morally inferior. (Really, there's a list.)

My mama never taught me how to use any other kind of humor. I just don't know how.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to post on that thread without sounding really angry (though I'm not--more flabbergasted). I did think up some really funny (and sarcastic) responses though! I wish I had the cojones to share them :blush:

If you even thought of laughing its too late for you.:tongue_smilie:

Take up punning for awhile, and, mark my works, you'll come running away from the groans and back to the lovely sarcasm. It's safer over here.

I am hurt and offended that you would insult punning that way. <insert cheesy pun that I can't think of right now> :D

I have on sackcloth and ashes. And I'm not being vain about my obvious high level of repentance. Holy is as Holy does, you know.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to post on that thread without sounding really angry (though I'm not--more flabbergasted). I did think up some really funny (and sarcastic) responses though! I wish I had the cojones to share them :blush:

Well, the thing is, the original author of that list (yeah, I know, I totally missed the small print on the OP's post, too), posted on there how happy she is that Cdrumm loved her blog post. And oh yeah, here's the link to the, um, source.

Don't look at me like that. I can't make stuff up like this.

Well, the thing is, the original author of that list (yeah, I know, I totally missed the small print on the OP's post, too), posted on there how happy she is that Cdrumm loved her blog post. And oh yeah, here's the link to the, um, source.

I just saw it!!!! :svengo::lol::lol:

You really need to go back and re-read your original post. You just stated your own opinion without taking into account every single possible worldview of every single board member, so your post came across as condescending and rude.

You didn't even say "YMMV".

I can't believe you can't see how offensive that is.

Cat

:lol:

Nevermind. I got it, finally.

Edited by momoflaw

I'm in trouble ladies. I don't think my marriage could surivive if we took out the sarcasm. :D

I mean, when he tells me I have a big butt I know what that really means :blushing: :lol:...if he were to tell me *seriously* that I looked beautiful I would have to question him as to what he did wrong.

You actually mop your floors? Your priorities are so messed-up. Could you be any more vain?

So true. Think of all the books you could be reading to the quintuplets in that time!

My mom never said anything unless she meant the opposite. "I'm SO GLAD you all did the dishes while I was out!" :glare: Naturally, my reply is "SO GLAD you noticed!"

T-th-that that don't kill me

Can only make me stronger

I need you to hurry up now

Cuz I can't wait much longer...

Sorry, I was just inspired to break out in a Christian hymn there.

:lol:

I don't have time for this thread because I'm too busy saturday-schooling my 3 kids under 6...but since you need my wisdom and this one post is sure to completely change your worldview and bring you over to my way of seeing things I will bless you with my comments.

It really hurts my feelings when you pick avatars that I don't understand:confused::confused::confused:You are all deliberately trying to ostracize me with this behavior, and I have run through my organic chocolate stash more quickly than usual.

Oh and Ms Mungo-this lady who used to babysit for me had a dead kitten in her freezer...can you please explain.

Edited by iona
had more amazing thoughts

Could you PM them?!?! :D

I don't have time for this thread because I'm too busy saturday-schooling my 3 kids under 6...but since you need my wisdom and this one post is sure to completely change your worldview and bring you over to my way of seeing things I will bless you with my comments.

It really hurts my feelings when you pick avatars that I don't understand:confused::confused::confused:You are all deliberately trying to ostracize me with this behavior, and I have run through my organic chocolate stash more quickly than usual.

Oh and Ms Mungo-this lady who used to babysit for me had a dead kitten in her freezer...can you please explain.

It's worse when the screen name is baffling. I mean, what's a "Remudamom" anyway? Did she mean to say Bermuda Mom?

Don't cast aspersions on Mrs. Mungo. She works for the Grammarian Humane Society. It's not her fault they make her work from home.

Could you PM them?!?! :D

:D I will if y'all will.

And then there's "Quill" and the avatar isn't a porcupine but a cat! I keep expecting to see a porcupine! This isn't right.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

This one chick on here is called "Wishbone Dawn." What the hark does that mean?! Does she think she's lucky? Does she think she's unlucky and needs a wishbone? Is she part turkey?