Menu

And then there's "Quill" and the avatar isn't a porcupine but a cat! I keep expecting to see a porcupine! This isn't right.

you are one to talk:toetap05:...is it a swan boat? is she impaled on a vicious plant? where are her legs????:confused::confused::confused:

:D

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the thing is, the original author of that list (yeah, I know, I totally missed the small print on the OP's post, too), posted on there how happy she is that Cdrumm loved her blog post. And oh yeah, here's the link to the, um, source.

Don't look at me like that. I can't make stuff up like this.

I thought the original author's post was a brilliantly subtle response. :lol:

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Oh, we ARE. Promise.

Oh and Ms Mungo-this lady who used to babysit for me had a dead kitten in her freezer...can you please explain.

She is obviously covering up her crimes against kittanity.

It's worse when the screen name is baffling. I mean, what's a "Remudamom" anyway? Did she mean to say Bermuda Mom?

Don't cast aspersions on Mrs. Mungo. She works for the Grammarian Humane Society. It's not her fault they make her work from home.

True facts.

Oh, we ARE. Promise.

She is obviously covering up her crimes against kittanity.

We had a rabbit die suddenly last week and when I popped him in the fridge for his necropsy the following day, I did wonder what kind of grammatical error someone had committed to kill Fluffy...

And then I had to go hide because I was giggling.

Edited by Jennifer3141
I had to correct my spelling or I'd have lost every shred of credibility...

:lol: It must be that they are just stupid, ignorant, and lazy! That type of person doesn't think through deep issues like you (&I), so they can't possibly make good decisions. In fact, lets make all their decisions for them, and then pass legislation to protect them from themselves! :lol:

I thought the original author's post was a brilliantly subtle response. :lol:

Ok! I think I am missing some major stuff here!!! I feel like I did in school when everyone was laughing and you couldn't decide if you should fake it and just laugh along with them, or admit you didn't get the joke and look stupid.

Stupid here! Can someone fill me in? I thought the OP was just making a general, funny, dare I say sarcastic comment. I laughed and posted and thought the OP was so funny, and my comments were, of course, SUPER funny as well!

But now, after reading the other thread, and after reading posts that talk about tin hats and more, and now this post about a subtle response....I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm missing the real joke.

Can you help Stupid out here? PM me if needed. Thanks! I love to laugh, but it's harder to fake laugh in type! :D

Why is it everytime I am away for the day y'all have a party on the boards without me??? How am I supposed to jump in when I am out all day?? You should be ashamed of yourselves, making me miss all the fun! :glare:

:lol:

Two words: Smart. Phone.

ETA: Er, actually, maybe that's one word now. Either way.

This has been a fascinating read. Although now I can't remember why I dropped by in the first place...

Is that the point of these giant threads? An innocent trip down a rabbit hole to escape from the drudgery of homeschooling and child-rearing? Or, to put it another way, is this the real life? Or is it a fantasy?

(Either way, I'm in.)

Is that the point of these giant threads? An innocent trip down a rabbit hole to escape from the drudgery of homeschooling and child-rearing? Or, to put it another way, is this the real life? Or is it a fantasy?

I regard it as a celebration of in jokes with imaginary friends.

Does that make it real? Or fantasy?

This has been a fascinating read. Although now I can't remember why I dropped by in the first place...

(Either way, I'm in.)

No, either way you're caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

No, either way you're caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see.....

Look, I'll have you know I'm wearing the requisite denim jumper and I've about got DH talked into to kilt. As my middle son's t-shirt says 'I'm right 97 percent of the time - who cares about the other 4 percent?' Our way has to be the right way. ;)

(Trust me - that kid is right about everything - just ask him.:tongue_smilie:)

I double checked this post to be sure I didn't kill any kittens.

One should put a warning in the thread title when one's thread is likely to cause spewing out of beverages upon the computer. (Warning: BS = beverage spewing)

:glare:

Common courtesy folks. Use it! If you want to go off being all hilarious and such, you could atLEAST warn people before opening the thread and inadvertently LAUGHING...I mean, of ALL things...

(wipes computer screen in a huff)

Sorry for hijacking, OP. I just HAD to add my self-righteous POV in with yours. This is a competition, after all. :001_smile:

Ok! I think I am missing some major stuff here!!! I feel like I did in school when everyone was laughing and you couldn't decide if you should fake it and just laugh along with them, or admit you didn't get the joke and look stupid.

Stupid here! Can someone fill me in? I thought the OP was just making a general, funny, dare I say sarcastic comment. I laughed and posted and thought the OP was so funny, and my comments were, of course, SUPER funny as well!

But now, after reading the other thread, and after reading posts that talk about tin hats and more, and now this post about a subtle response....I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm missing the real joke.

Can you help Stupid out here? PM me if needed. Thanks! I love to laugh, but it's harder to fake laugh in type! :D

I think it is a roller coaster through a varied series of jokes. Of course, if you thought EXACTLY like me, i.e. the RIGHT way, you would have understood that from the beginning. :D

I think it is a roller coaster through a varied series of jokes. Of course, if you thought EXACTLY like me, i.e. the RIGHT way, you would have understood that from the beginning. :D

This is true! How could I have been missing that all these years???? I've been so horribly misguided! (warning label: no animals were injured in the making of this sarcastic comment).

Sarcasm makes baby Satan cry.

come on, my library is closed and I had to return Good Omens before I could finish. Now I want to read it.

Although I could dig out my copy of The History of Hell, which ironically is right next to The Story of the Renaissance and the Reformation. I like to explore all sides to an issue.

Edited by elegantlion

come on, my library is closed and I had to return Good Omens before I could finish. Now I want to read it.

Although I could dig out my copy of The History of Hell, which ironically is right next to The Story of the Renaissance and the Reformation. I like to explore all sides to an issue.

Oh my gosh, Good Omens is SO good, I love that book!!!

I need to get me one of those! That way I can neglect my kids spending all day on the boards even when we are out doing family activities. ;)

Pshaw. If you aren't doing that by now, you're already behind. Keep up, woman!

I regard it as a celebration of in jokes with imaginary friends.

Does that make it real? Or fantasy?

:iagree: And I have no idea. Either way, it works.

Hmm. Well, easy come, easy go.

Well, you'll just fit right in around here. Bless your heart!

For more.

:tongue_smilie:

Bwaaaaahahahahahaaa! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rabbits?
No, hobbits.

Holy $#~$@, my kids can NEVER find this thread in 16 years... :D
Just type "google" into Google and you'll bring down the Internet. Never fear.

Pretty bad that after reading the above posts, I think of this-

Actually I was thinking of

And having fantasies of making a WTM version. We could all star in it. Along with several men in kilts. It's sure to go viral.

Well, it'll go viral once we write it and all.

Pshaw. If you aren't doing that by now, you're already behind. Keep up, woman!

Well you know I have worked very hard at radically unschooling them so that I could stay on the boards all day and still say that I am teaching them. But then I went and took them out in public today with me instead of doing the usual and they actually had the nerve to expect me to interact with them out there.

Now I have to get them back on track for tomorrow so that I can neglect...I mean educated them...While I spend all day on here. Never again will I miss the fun stuff.

I mean video games for 14 hours straight are just fine, it makes things so quiet around here when I leave them a bag of a chips and a bottle of pop for breakfast and give them free access to the games. I can stay online all day and they don't even notice. :tongue_smilie:

Well you know I have worked very hard at radically unschooling them so that I could stay on the boards all day and still say that I am teaching them. But then I went and took them out in public today with me instead of doing the usual and they actually had the nerve to expect me to interact with them out there.

Now I have to get them back on track for tomorrow so that I can neglect...I mean educated them...While I spend all day on here. Never again will I miss the fun stuff.

I mean video games for 14 hours straight are just fine, it makes things so quiet around here when I leave them a bag of a chips and a bottle of pop for breakfast and give them free access to the games. I can stay online all day and they don't even notice. :tongue_smilie:

Wow, a classic classic post!

I think sarcasm kills yeti (yetis?) or chupacabra(s?).

No, chupacabras feed on the lifeblood of sarcasm!

I love chupacabras.

From Wikipedia: The most common description of chupacabras is a reptile-like being, appearing to have leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back. This form stands approximately 3 to 4 feet (1 to 1.2 m) high, and stands and hops in a similar fashion to a kangaroo. In at least one sighting, the creature was reported to hop 20 feet (6 m). This variety is said to have a dog or panther-like nose and face, a forked tongue, and large fangs. It is said to hiss and screech when alarmed, as well as leave behind a sulfuric stench. When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabras' eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.

Edited by stripe

I love chupacabras.

From Wikipedia: When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabras' eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.

Holy Cow I think my mother is a chupacabra! When she screeches at me I know her eyes are glowing red and I am feeling sick.

Wait a minute, if she is a chupacabra and is my mother, what does that make me...:001_huh:

I love chupacabras.

From Wikipedia: The most common description of chupacabras is a reptile-like being, appearing to have leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back. This form stands approximately 3 to 4 feet (1 to 1.2 m) high, and stands and hops in a similar fashion to a kangaroo. In at least one sighting, the creature was reported to hop 20 feet (6 m). This variety is said to have a dog or panther-like nose and face, a forked tongue, and large fangs. It is said to hiss and screech when alarmed, as well as leave behind a sulfuric stench. When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabras' eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.

Oh no, I gave birth to a chupacabra! My youngest has a screech that will send you running in agony and I swear his eyes grow red and I do get nauseous!