Menu

Poll: Do you floss before or after you brush your teeth?

Do you floss before or after you brush your teeth?  

1. 1. Do you floss before or after you brush your teeth?

• Before
    • After
    • Sometimes before, sometimes after
    • Before and after

Well, after BBQ and popcorn, both!

Usually I brush, then floss. That's the way the dentist does it.

However, I do have a set of custom molded trays for tooth whitening, and the dentist's instructions for that are to floss, then brush, before using them.

Edited by AuntieM

I always tended to floss first. I figure you loosen junk up and brush it away. But I researched it a while back and it seems that it doesn't really matter. Neither is more or less effective. If I recall what was important was rinsing after brushing and I don't do that. I never knew anyone did outside of the dentist office.

I actually voted sometimes on your poll because lately I've been flossing at some point when convenient--even totally apart from brushing.

Edited by sbgrace

I floss before I brush. Once I finish brushing, I use my WaterPik to do a second flossing. I feel like the first flossing loosens everything and brushing scrubs it away. The WaterPik is just in case I missed anything and then I rinse with mouthwash.

I voted before. The only way I can remember to floss is to do it while the water in the shower is warming up. And that is usually before breakfast and I brush my teeth after breakfast (usually.) My hygienist told me that it really doesn't matter that much. If she had her druthers, flossing after would be better, but just doing it is more important than when you do it.

I do it before so that if anything comes loose while flossing I'll be able to brush it away.

:iagree:

This is what I do! :) And my reasoning. I have no idea if it is correct, it just seemed logical to my mind. I am unreasonably pleased that someone agrees with me btw :lol: