Menu

oh, happy day! My Rainbow Resource catalog is here!

Hey! Where's mine?

I love the Rainbow Resource book, but hey I also love reading reference books for fun.

I liked it better before it got so big. Back then I could take it into the bath with me. ;)

Perhaps, I should suggest they make different editions--bath and nonbath.

Guest jab300

I got one as well. I guess once you order from them you are on the mailing list forever? I didn't know they had articles in there, I guess I will have to peruse it a bit more. It's just almost too big and overwhelming.

I got one as well. I guess once you order from them you are on the mailing list forever? I didn't know they had articles in there, I guess I will have to peruse it a bit more. It's just almost too big and overwhelming.

If you're referring to my post, there aren't any articles. I read through all the products.

I've never seen this catalog. Please, tell me more about it:)

Mine is STILL not here!

http://rainbowresource.com/index.php

It is the phone book of homeschooling.

Ummm, nope--it's more like the holy grail of homeschooling.

Hmmm, that also doesn't quite explain the essence of it. Anyone got anything better?

Let's explain it to this woofully deprived homeschooler who has never heard of RR!

It's almost like homeschool p*rn.

I kept wondering why it never came..

We have those communitiy mailboxes for each side of the street. One afternoon as we were driving to lunch, my dh commented on the phone book set up on top, wondering if anyone was going to throw it away. I realized then that it was the catalog. This was after our rainstorm by the way.

After his oven "bath", he is now happily filled with post-its for my wish list.

You guys are cracking me up! I live in the ATL area too, and I also refer to it as the Atlanta phone book catalogue. My hubby lugged it in and said "WHAT is THAT???" I made the mistake of picking up a copy at the HS conference in 2010....and lugged it around for an hour before I decided to go ditch it in the car! This year I ordered one on-line. Live and learn!

I used to love the RR catalog but now find it a bit too much. However, I did place an order on Monday morning and got my box on Thursday! I was so amazed I thought maybe I had actually placed my order the week before and just wasn't remembering properly. :tongue_smilie:

I actually read through the entire thing once when I was rethinking my approach to homeschooling. It was quite interesting to look at everything instead of just whatever my preconceived notions would have been.

That's quite an accomplishment!

Am I the only one who doesn't really like these? They are so big, bulky, and visualy unappealing. I would much rather just look online.;)

I'm not a fan either. I've gotten the catalogue a couple times, but for the most part I just look on the website.

It's almost like homeschool p*rn.

:lol:

Am I the only one who doesn't really like these? They are so big, bulky, and visualy unappealing. I would much rather just look online.;)

:iagree: I've ordered from RR a few times and always requested the catalog but they never send it to me! I've still never gotten one. But now that I've seen it in pdf form online, I'm glad I didn't bother. Too dense, no color, not enough images to guide me through. I mean, I don't want to read a bajillion product descriptions in tiny print.

I got mine. I felt guilty they sent it to me as I'm unlikely to order much from them, and it's like a double phone book.

I felt guilty, too, but more about the wasted resources. I thought I opted out of the catalog when I clicked something online last time I ordered. I'd rather not get it again.

I felt guilty, too, but more about the wasted resources. I thought I opted out of the catalog when I clicked something online last time I ordered. I'd rather not get it again.

Exactly. To have them pay for me to recycle it. I thought I opted out too. Oh well. I put it on a shelf for now.

Still haven't gotten mine. I order from them regularly. I do have last year's sitting on my desk. I'm one of those crazies that prefers having paper to mark up - you know the type that will never own a Nook or a Kindle. I am so jealous of those who got their already.

I mean, I don't want to read a bajillion product descriptions in tiny print.

I do!!! :D

Those of you who don't - think about passing it on to a new homeschooler. Reading through it is quite an education on what's out there to choose from, and gives you lots of ideas about what you might like or be looking for, and what you might not like or want to avoid, regardless of what you actually end up using.