Menu

6dd has day surgery tomorrow (Tuesday)

Hannah has day surgery tomorrow to install a port and do a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration. We have to be there at 6:30am and should be home early afternoon.

Blessings,

Melinda

UPDATE*****

The oncologist who was going to do Hannah's bone marrow aspiration and biopsy met me outside the OR doors this morning and said he had some bad news. He had asked the labs to doublecheck the margin on Hannah's tumor just to make sure it was clear. The margin was not clear. That means Hannah will need radiation, a minimum of five days a week for a month. Radiation will not start until after the first twelve weeks of chemo are done.

As far as todays port placement and the bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, everything went fine. Hannah is in quite a bit of pain right now, and the meds only help slightly. She should feel much better tomorrow though.

The oncologist moved the bone scan up to Friday, and he expects to start chemo Monday morning. This chemo treatment will require an overnight stay.

Blessings,

Melinda

Edited by Melinda S in TX
update

:grouphug: If you posted about this before, I somehow missed it. I'm so, so sorry you're going through this! My daughter is that age so reading your post and seeing your other post with your sweet daughter's picture really hit me. You're in my thoughts. :grouphug::grouphug:

Hannah has day surgery tomorrow to install a port and do a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration. We have to be there at 6:30am and should be home early afternoon.

Blessings,

Melinda

UPDATE*****

The oncologist who was going to do Hannah's bone marrow aspiration and biopsy met me outside the OR doors this morning and said he had some bad news. He had asked the labs to doublecheck the margin on Hannah's tumor just to make sure it was clear. The margin was not clear. That means Hannah will need radiation, a minimum of five days a week for a month. Radiation will not start until after the first twelve weeks of chemo are done.

As far as todays port placement and the bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, everything went fine. Hannah is in quite a bit of pain right now, and the meds only help slightly. She should feel much better tomorrow though.

The oncologist moved the bone scan up to Friday, and he expects to start chemo Monday morning. This chemo treatment will require an overnight stay.

Blessings,

Melinda

Bless her heart! What a difficult thing for her (and you) to have to go through. Praying! :grouphug:

:grouphug: I'm so sorry that there weren't clear margins. If it's any consolation, radiation was really very easy for my dd. She was a bit tired some days, but nothing that a short nap couldn't fix.

Make sure you get the EMLA on Monday morning about 15 minutes before port placement. Accessing the port for the first time, especially when there's still some bruising from placement, isn't the most comfortable thing. It will get *much* easier.