Menu

So, where are your from...

What area of the US are your from?  

1. 1. What area of the US are your from?

• South East (y'all) !
    • North East
    • South West
    • North West
    • Central US
    • Alaska or Hamaii (Lucky!)
    • Another Country
    • Other - I'm not sure what this could be, so please explain!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to "know" as I see your names, where you are from. Where is the largest population of WTMers grouped. I have a theory, but would love to test it out!

Thanks y'all! :thumbup1:

(oops - that should read HaWaii above!)

I voted "other." I'm FROM Oklahoma (DH is from Texas). However, as a military family we've lived in California, Virginia, 2 different places in Germany, North Carolina and now Hawai'i.

I made the wrong choice on the poll. I picked Northeast. I lied. I grew up in the NorthEast and still identify with that area more than I do with my current location (Orlando). I was shocked the first time we went through the history cycle and my kids were "bummed" that "we" lost the Civil War. Huh, "we" who? I'm looking forward to next year, another shot at the Civil War and I'm hoping we get it right this time. My kids are southerners by birth but dh and I are definitely Yankees.

I made the wrong choice on the poll. I picked Northeast. I lied. I grew up in the NorthEast and still identify with that area more than I do with my current location (Orlando). I was shocked the first time we went through the history cycle and my kids were "bummed" that "we" lost the Civil War. Huh, "we" who? I'm looking forward to next year, another shot at the Civil War and I'm hoping we get it right this time. My kids are southerners by birth but dh and I are definitely Yankees.

You definitely are a Yankee! It's not "The Civil War", it's the War for Southern Independence, the War Between the States, or "that recent unpleasantness."

Send your children to the ranch immediately for history!:D

You definitely are a Yankee! It's not "The Civil War", it's the War for Southern Independence, the War Between the States, or "that recent unpleasantness."

I have a friend from Tennessee who swears that his grandmother, in all seriousness, calls it "The War of Northern Aggression"

We are Yankee's residing in the south as well. We went to a Civil War re-enactment last year. We were the only ones not cheering as the northern troops lost. :001_huh:

Yes, Dh often corrects me when that subject comes up (born and bred Georgian). Even though I have a great grandmother who was born in Meridian Mississippi, too many years of brainwashing occurred while my grandparents and parents were out west. Add to that the first 13 of my life spent in the north. He says I'm getting better though. :001_huh:

When I first moved to Mass, we did a lot of sight-seeing in Boston. I was shocked to see statues of Yankee soldiers who had fought in The War of Northern Aggression. I mean, who'd want to make a statue of them? :D

We are Yankee's residing in the south as well. We went to a Civil War re-enactment last year. We were the only ones not cheering as the northern troops lost. :001_huh:

I am from California (Bay Area)... I don't consider it the Southwest or the Northwest so I don't know how to vote!:tongue_smilie:

Neither do I consider myself southwest since we are located in No California, across the Sierras from the Bay Area, but that was the closest choice.

I was a military brat... born in Maine, lived in North Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Norway, Germany, Colorado, Maryland.... then graduated from college and moved to So Cal right after college with my dh. Been here ever since--16 years now! Of course, we've lived in 6 houses in that time. I've now lived in our townhouse for 6 years, longer than any one home in my life!

Amen!!!! You said it!

I'm a Philly girl living in South Jersey. I lived in Philly for 18 years, but I've lived in Jersey (on and off) for 16 years and counting (I lived in Syracuse for 2 years and Burlington, Iowa for 8 years). Jersey is home now.

Love it, love it, love it.

But I didn't see Mid-Atlantic on the list, did you??

I grew up in New Jersey (South Jersey, outside of Philly), went to college in Michigan, graduate school in Philly (Drexel), worked/lived in Philly a few years, then law school in VT, then went to Miami to study for the bar exam, then on active duty in the USAF for 4 years -- 2 years in England, then a year in Arkansas, then back to FL to live, then got married and went to Spain with dh, who was still on active duty, then VT again, then FINALLY back to FL where we've been for the past 12 years.

Carol

I can't beLIEVE Texas didn't have its own category, lol.

I was born in MD, but grew up in San Antonio. Even now after settling south of DFW, SA is still "home."

Don't forget to check the networking board for the State/ Country Roll call we did when the boards first opened -- a gold mine of regional info :)

Born and raised, went to college, and spent first 13 years of my married life in the mid-Atlantic states (NJ, PA, MD, then PA again). Moved to Dixie a year ago and love it... well, everything but the heat and humidiy... and skeeters... and ticks... and tornadoes. But other than that, we like it. :D