Menu

So, where are your from...

What area of the US are your from?  

1. 1. What area of the US are your from?

• South East (y'all) !
    • North East
    • South West
    • North West
    • Central US
    • Alaska or Hamaii (Lucky!)
    • Another Country
    • Other - I'm not sure what this could be, so please explain!

I would love to "know" as I see your names, where you are from. Where is the largest population of WTMers grouped. I have a theory, but would love to test it out!

Thanks y'all! :thumbup1:

(oops - that should read HaWaii above!)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get much more central than Kansas, y'all;) Kansas is the state I've lived in the longest. We've been here for the past 16+ years and I lived here for 1 1/2 years before that.

Dh is from Kansas but has also lived in Ohio, Indiana, and New Mexico. I was born in Texas and have also lived in Ohio, Indiana, New Mexico, Mississippi, New Jersey, and New York.

I voted other. I'm from the Mid-Atlantic region, Maryland to be more specific. Since we're south of the Mason-Dixon line, the north doesn't want us, and since we didn't secede from the Union, the south doesn't want us. :001_smile:

I've lived in NC for 9 years, but I still consider MD home.

Just north of Atl, GA (but born in NYC and lived their till I was 13, when I was plucked from the bosom of the Big Apple and sent to live among the Peaches). :rofl:

Jenny, where'd you go to school? (I went to Roswell for a couple of years.)

I lived 1/2 my childhood in once place and half in another. There is no one living anywhere I used to live.

I've moved twice since marrying.

I actually cringe when people ask me where I'm from. I don't identify with any place in particular. I am definitely a mosh-pit of all the places I've lived. (I've begun to just say that I'm an American.)

Our plans are to retire to where my dh is from. But, that won't be "home" to me until (Lord willing) we get there.

I don't consider Colorado to be nothwest or southwest. I consider the Rockies (from the Canadian border south to the Mexican border) to be my region.

However, I think if you tried to get everyone's region in a poll you would have about 100 regions to choose from!

I recently visited my parents who recently moved up to the Pacific Northwest.

Man alive! It was beautiful.

Yep! In the area we live we can see Mount Baker to the north, Mount Rainier to the south, the Cascades to the east and the Olympics to the west! It's like a little Switzerland! Which is cool, cuz as I was growing up, I fell in love with Switzerland, and always wanted to go there. This is the closest I've come to that, so love it ere! :D

Oh yeah, I was born in Ca, and lived almost everywhere in Ca--northern the least, but southern and central a lot of places! I lived in Phoenix, AZ for a year when I was 6-7. Then after I graduated from college I worked on a Navajo Mission in New Mexico for 2 years. Then back to Ca, where I got married to my WONDERFUL dh. We moved to Washington State, the lovely Pacific NW 1 1/2 years later. In November of this year we'll have been here for 19 years! The house we live in now is only our 2nd house since we moved here! Strange to me, after moving so much when I was little!

I would love to "know" as I see your names, where you are from. Where is the largest population of WTMers grouped. I have a theory, but would love to test it out!

Thanks y'all! :thumbup1:

(oops - that should read HaWaii above!)

Do you mean where am I now or where is my hometown I grew up in?

I was raised (and our kids were born) in the Pacific NW, but we now live in the Midwest. I miss the mountains, and the beach... but I don't miss the rain!! I spent my whole like being so tired of visitors constantly saying how it always rains there. Then I moved, and realized they were right! :lol: It's beautiful here in it's own way, and I love the sunshine! :D

I am from California (Bay Area)... I don't consider it the Southwest or the Northwest so I don't know how to vote!:tongue_smilie:

Me too! I guess that as Californians we consider ourselves our own zone. I didn't vote because we are not Northwest (that would be Washington, Oregon) or Southwest (New Mexico, Arizona).

I am from the San Francisco Bay Area too.

Besides shouldn't California be it's own category? I know everyone thinks this state is just weird (myself included sometimes!).

Well I didn't read all the posts before I voted. So I chose other. I am "from" WI that's where I was born and raised. I left there in 1997 when I got married. I married a Navy man so since getting married this is what we've done.

Newport, RI (married there and lived there 1 week) June 1997

Bremerton, WA July 97-July 99

Muskego, WI July99-Oct 99

Virginia Beach, VA Oct 99-Apr 2000

Atlantic Beach, FL May 00-Apr 01

Muskego, WI Apr 01-Aug 01

Newport, RI Apr 01-Apr 04

Muskego, WI Apr 04-July 05

Virginia Beach, VA July 05-May 06

Jacksonville, FL May 06-Nov 07

Currently in Cheasapeake, VA