Menu

Do you want to host a house-conference--or organize a meeting at a local venue?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would travel to the Poconos to meet, or I can offer up my medium-sized house (with yard and pool for children who must be dragged along) if there's enough of a need in central NJ. Maybe a list of those who have already offered might is a good idea, so we can see who we need to congregate around, or who has the most interest nearby, or something?

ETA: Oh, Tahara, I missed that you already sent your info in! We'd gladly come to you.

Edited by melissel

Maybe a list of those who have already offered might is a good idea, so we can see who we need to congregate around, or who has the most interest nearby, or something?

That's what I was thinking! Wanna start a c&p?

Poster who has emailed an offer/location/venue capacity/interested participants?

Carrie1234/Poconos, PA/hall with kitchen, 125 capacity, hotels, resorts, vac. rental homes nearby/

That's what I was thinking! Wanna start a c&p?

Poster who has emailed an offer/location/venue capacity/interested participants?

Carrie1234/Poconos, PA/hall with kitchen, 125 capacity, hotels, resorts, vac. rental homes nearby/

I would go to the Poconos or Princeton area.

I emailed for my location: Vernon, NJ, 200 capacity venue, Mountain Creek resort nearby. Hudson County HS'rs, Sussex County Christian HS'ers, Orange County HS'ers nearby. Plus Justamouse and Testimony nearby :D

Well, I'm not actually in NC, but my mom is. I was supposed to visit her and attend the Greenville convention last month, but it all fell through. I'm having trouble getting the insurance to reimburse the flight, so I have a spare ticket that needs to be used before the end of January. If a meeting happens in NC or SC, I'd love it.

I would go to the Poconos or Princeton area.

I emailed for my location: Vernon, NJ, 200 capacity venue, Mountain Creek resort nearby. Hudson County HS'rs, Sussex County Christian HS'ers, Orange County HS'ers nearby. Plus Justamouse and Testimony nearby :D

I love Poconos and I love Vernon!...I sent in my info, but the reality is I would drive somewhere else if it was within driving distance for the day...

If you are a WTM'er near me (central Jersey), send me a PM! :001_smile:

I haven't scoped out the WHOLE thread (trying to spend a LITTLE time schooling, kwim?) But what about Oh/KY/IN? I would be willing to work on this WITH other people. There is NO way I could do it all on my own.

I know we just had the BIG HS convention, so some of us are meeting-ed out right now. But later on in the year....

Who are the intended attendees of these house conferences? Are those of you who are interested, are you planning to come alone or with your children? I ask because I'd like to offer to host, but only if the intent is for adults and nursing children only. I could not accommodate a multitude of children.

Who are the intended attendees of these house conferences? Are those of you who are interested, are you planning to come alone or with your children? I ask because I'd like to offer to host, but only if the intent is for adults and nursing children only. I could not accommodate a multitude of children.

I would assume adults and babes-in-arms only.

I live in the smack middle of DFW and, if we wanted to, I could arrange a church or meeting room nearby, should SWB decide she wanted more room. We can comfortably have 25-30 seated in the LR/great room, and we push 40 teens in twice a year. ;)

I'm have close connections to HSers in three groups and can get word round to several others, as there is some overlap.

Will email Pattie. (?? that's the right name, I hope.)

Awesome! I'll pm you my info. so that if you hear back and it seems to be in the works, I can help with the planning, set-up, etc. :D

I emailed for northern VA! I can do a fair size group at my house and have a screen on the wall for a projector if needed. I can get space at the local American Legion probably for free if needed. There are other avenues for space I can check into. Advertising through friends, the library, Facebook, and CC will get a good size group here for sure.

Ooh, I'll travel to NOVA. Can I send you my info too?

:bigear:

I was assuming adults and nursing children only, too, when I sent in my e-mail. I'm thinking the idea of these conferences was for teacher-training.

I'd like to see it move back towards more of a grassroots level.

But a home with twenty or so interested people who also all bring their curricula and explain what's worked and hasn't worked for them works wonderfully for me.

SWB

Ok, I can definitely host this in Nashville/Franklin. Just name a date!

I haven't read all of the replies, but I did see that at least one or two people in the Atlanta area have voluntered to host. I'm in a fairly rural area, so it wouldn't be the best place to meet. However, I will definitely attend a conference anywhere in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, or northern Florida.

Can't read all the postings. Would be great if there is something in the Indianapolis area...

I can host if my church would let us have it there. Will email my information...

Holly

Holly,

I posted too that I could do one here. I am in Lafayette. Indy is central which might be better.

On your way to England, you could stop over in Australia :D. It is only a little detour.

Why not make it a world tour?

We can arrange accommodation, transportation and venues on this side.

We have a venue with zebras, springbuck, impala and many more African antelope in our back yard (we live in a reserve). And 100 km away there is a large big 5 reserve.

How about an African safari homeschool conference?

We have a venue with zebras, springbuck, impala and many more African antelope in our back yard (we live in a reserve). And 100 km away there is a large big 5 reserve.

I want to go to Hannah's house!

Oh! that sounds lovely!

Edited by Sis
Woops! I jsut realized I was making references in a sticky! Don't really want to do that! *bag on head*

I want to go to Hannah's house!

I'm going too. I am soooooo going.

Zebreas and elephants??? Who needs SWB at this point????

:lol::lol::lol:

Me, too!!! Me, too!! I would sooo love to go there!!

If anyone signs on to host one is WA State somewhere let me know! I would love to attend! Frankly, I would be more than happy to host one at my home, as I just moved into a new home we've been building for two years now. It has ample size for a very large gathering. I would say 50-100 at least. However; I live in rural Eastern Washington (farm country) ... out in the country, and our local homeschool co-op is only about 15 families. There are several other groups within an hour of here with more members in it, as well as larger cities (like Spokane ... or Wenatchee). I would be more than happy to help in any way.

**** I just wanted to add that when I say out in the country ... I mean OUT in the country! ;-) Think Woodstock ... only for homeschoolers. Wide open spaces, scenic views, parking in a field, that kind of thing. ;-)

Edited by SaDonna

I am in Florida, and while our house is in now way large enough to accomodate a crowd, perhaps there someone else in South Florida who'd like to host? Please?

My house isn't big enough either, but I would like to come to such a workshop. Brainstorming with friends about some possibilities. WPB, FLL, Miami - everything would work for me.

It looked like in the other thread that there is a lot of interest in the PNW. My house is teensy, and between homeschooling the kiddos and court reporting school for me my plate is overflowing. So, I wouldn't be able to commit to organizing anything. However, I would be willing to assist someone who volunteered to organize something in the Portland/Seattle area. I could help make phone calls or something like that. I just don't want to commit to organizing the whole thing because I know I wouldn't have time for that. But, I'd be willing to help. :001_smile:
I can put some feelers out in this area. We have a group that meets near us that might be a good meeting place.... We live west of Seattle and have a LOT of homeschoolers in our County!

I sent one in about the South Bay area.

I figure if Julie Bogart can pull 60-70 people for a Friday/Saturday seminar, SWB should be a very big draw as well. We could go small or medium sized and do really well.

Oh, awesome!!! The South Bay is an easy drive for me. A bunch of friends and I heard Susan in Modesto a few years ago and it was incredibly inspiring. We would *all* come to the South Bay for sure!!! Carol, thanks for organizing this!

~Laura