Menu

Do you want to host a house-conference--or organize a meeting at a local venue?

Oh, awesome!!! The South Bay is an easy drive for me. A bunch of friends and I heard Susan in Modesto a few years ago and it was incredibly inspiring. We would *all* come to the South Bay for sure!!! Carol, thanks for organizing this!

~Laura

Where are you based? Modesto? Did you see SWB when she was in Roseville a few years ago, too? I was at that one--it was GREAT!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you based? Modesto? Did you see SWB when she was in Roseville a few years ago, too? I was at that one--it was GREAT!

Oh, no -- I must've missed Roseville ... :001_huh:

We're in the East Bay, so midway between Modesto and San Jose. We'd LOVE to hear SWB again!!!!!

I know some have received a general email saying thanks for responding and they'll decide when SWB has a break from traveling/speaking.

I didn't get a response, though.

I'm sure they're crazy busy and had many, many emails.

Hoping middle TN will get picked!

• 3 weeks later...

I live very close to Disneyland (east about 7 miles) in Villa Park, CA. I recently moved here, so I haven't met any other remotely classical homeschoolers. If the location works for others, and you have other people to invite; I would be glad to offer my home. Let me know if you want me to send in my info.

Warmest Regards!

Susan has selected the following States for the tour:

Virginia

Washington state

Oregon

Pennsylvania

New Jersey

New York

Connecticut

Texas

(via email from Susan's assistant)

ok, so you got an email directly? I'm assuming only those in the selected states were told anything.

ok, so you got an email directly? I'm assuming only those in the selected states were told anything.

Yes, I got an email from Susan's assistant saying that Susan has chosen the states listed and they are going to narrow it down by zip code from there (and to please submit my zip code for consideration)

I got the email as well, but my state is NOT listed. :glare: Did you email her the second time, after the intial email, to tell her your county? I'm not sure at what point she will bump people from the email list.

If you want to see the background for this request, go to this post and the ones that follow: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2572100&postcount=96

If you're interested for 2012, email my assistant, Patricia Worth (pattie AT welltrainedmind.com) with the following info....

Your location

Whether you'd be willing to host at a home or organize a meeting at a local venue

Approximate space that your home/venue would accomodate

And anything else you think would be helpful--local classical schools, home school groups we could contact, anything in your area that would help us get the word out.

SWB

Twin Cities, MN

I own a dance studio that could be used to host a meeting. :)

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I run a homeschool meet up and have many contacts locally that I could use to spread the word.

Gosh, this being on here is just like a tease!! I keep thinking about it. There are at least 5 classical schools within 1.5 hrs from here that I can think of. I am soooo excited. I really want small and just so I can hear her, but of course, then all those who want to hear couldn't... so.... I would love to put something together so all around here could... sans any distractive noises...

I am REALLY excited and just wish for more INFOOOOOOO...... Because I already have people asking questions... and... well... I just hope I'm close :) (And, I so hope it's not the one day I have something planned :)) Or, during the time I'm suppose to be in Israel. :)

I got the email as well, but my state is NOT listed. :glare: Did you email her the second time, after the intial email, to tell her your county? I'm not sure at what point she will bump people from the email list.

I emailed too. :)

I will email directly. But, I think Bristol, VA/TN is a perfect location. Our local library is very supportive of homeschoolers and there are plenty of us in Southwest Va. and Northeast Tn.

That would be awesome! Bristol is very close...

Nope, my state wasn't listed either, but got the same email.

Picking the locations was hard...but we tried to go with locations where I could hit two or three places within driving distance in one trip. We're going to aim for different states in 2013 if all goes well.

I decided not to do California on the house tour because I've already committed to speaking at one of the Great Homeschool Conventions in Long Beach, May 23-26 2012, and the CA locations offered were pretty close to Long Beach. Also, BTW, I'll be at the California Homeschool Network Family Expo in Ontario this year, July 22 and 23rd--link here: http://www.californiahomeschool.net/

SWB

Picking the locations was hard...but we tried to go with locations where I could hit two or three places within driving distance in one trip. We're going to aim for different states in 2013 if all goes well.

I decided not to do California on the house tour because I've already committed to speaking at one of the Great Homeschool Conventions in Long Beach, May 23-26 2012, and the CA locations offered were pretty close to Long Beach. Also, BTW, I'll be at the California Homeschool Network Family Expo in Ontario this year, July 22 and 23rd--link here: http://www.californiahomeschool.net/

SWB

You know, CA is a really really big state, and the SF Bay Area is about 9 hours drive from Long Beach. And there are three of us that I know of who would love to working on setting something up here. (Probably more) Both Long Beach and Ontario are in Southern California, and we are in Northern California, great distances away by car. If you can't, you can't, but if you wanted to swing by on your way home, we could set something up. And we want to! An airplane trip between the two areas would take about an hour, no more than an hour and a half.

I know, would love to do northern CA...still working on it...

SWB

Cool! I just got a PM from another Bay Area volunteer. Shoot, we could fill a house with just the 4 families and our closest friends. But we are thinking bigger than that!

OK, now another one! Total of 5!

Edited by Carol in Cal.

• 1 month later...
Ah, nothing in the Midwest at all! :(

boo hoo. I think it is due to the Cincy convention every April which SWB is normally always one of the keynote speakers. Still would love to have her in the midwest and I can save money just to see her and hear her. :crying: Do not think I will doing Cincy convention next year if the economy continues to tank. :(

Holly

boo hoo. I think it is due to the Cincy convention every April which SWB is normally always one of the keynote speakers. Still would love to have her in the midwest and I can save money just to see her and hear her. :crying: Do not think I will doing Cincy convention next year if the economy continues to tank. :(

Holly

Sorry, but I don't really think of Ohio as the Midwest at all and never really understood how they named that conference. I think of the Midwest being Ill, IA, NE, MN, WI, MO.

The Chicago or Minneapolis area would have been great areas for Susan to visit or even the Kansas City area. The Omaha, NE area is quite central too for this area with a major airport.

Ohio is not remotely close to these areas so it certainly would not have been a duplication KWIM?

Sorry, but I don't really think of Ohio as the Midwest at all and never really understood how they named that conference. I think of the Midwest being Ill, IA, NE, MN, WI, MO.

The Chicago or Minneapolis area would have been great areas for Susan to visit or even the Kansas City area. The Omaha, NE area is quite central too for this area with a major airport.

Ohio is not remotely close to these areas so it certainly would not have been a duplication KWIM?

Omaha is extremely central. Kansas City would work as well. Hey, I'd even be up for Denver. We middlers need love too!