Menu

What is your favorite Elizabeth Taylor movie?

Elephant Walk and Giant

OK -- just to tell a story that makes me ancient -- when I was akid (maybe 8 or 9) we got a color television - almost no one had color television at that time.

The first thing I ever watched on it (in color of course) was Elephant Walk.

I also love Giant, National Velvet, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Place in the Sun, Father of the Bride, Father's Little Dividend, and pretty much anything when Elizabeth Taylor was young and gorgeous -- and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

And, I was old enough to be aware of all the hoopla when she and Richard Burton hooked up and trust me, Angelina Whatever the Heck her name is isn't even a contender. ;)

OK -- just to tell a story that makes me ancient -- when I was akid (maybe 8 or 9) we got a color television - almost no one had color television at that time.

The first thing I ever watched on it (in color of course) was Elephant Walk.

I also love Giant, National Velvet, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Place in the Sun, Father of the Bride, Father's Little Dividend, and pretty much anything when Elizabeth Taylor was young and gorgeous -- and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

And, I was old enough to be aware of all the hoopla when she and Richard Burton hooked up and trust me, Angelina Whatever the Heck her name is isn't even a contender. ;)

We were one of the first families in our neighborhood to have color television back in December of 1969.

Ah! I was old enough too, *AND* they got married here! We heard about it for years and years... The suite where Elizabeth Taylor got married... You know, *THE* suite...

Even today, they still talk about the suite in the newspapers, and it doesn't even exist anymore. It's being transformed into condos.. A piece of history ?

Ah! I was old enough too, *AND* they got married here! We heard about it for years and years... The suite where Elizabeth Taylor got married... You know, *THE* suite...

Even today, they still talk about the suite in the newspapers, and it doesn't even exist anymore. It's being transformed into condos.. A piece of history ?

That's HUGE!!!!! Really!!!!! Years after her husband Mike Todd was killed in that plane crash, I would listen to 'grown-ups' talk about how he was the love of her life and if he had lived, she would have remained married to him.

I do think, though, that with events playing out the way they did, Richard Burton ended up being the love of her life.

I hadn't realized until yesterday that I've never seen an Elizabeth Taylor movie.

:leaving:

I've also never seen any Elizabeth Taylor movies. For me, she's famous for being famous, KWIM?

I've never seen any either - she was, as happi duck puts it, "famous for being famous" for me as well.

Without spoiling it, it is about mental illness, and she does an incredible job of acting. Very tight script, all in PERfect black and white. Wow, what a movie.

Anyone who thinks Elizabeth Taylor was only "famous for being famous" and hasn't seen Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf is in for a surprise if they see this film.

Bill