Menu

Ladies, it can be done.

12 years of marriage, 3 pregnancies with 40lbs gain each go..

One of the pics is a little blurry. We don't have a full length mirror and being so short, I had to stand on a chair. Hope you don't think my bathroom is too messy.

Okay, I will admit to sucking in and clenching...alot. My sphincter may never be the same.

post-1116-13535084415194_thumb.jpeg

post-1116-13535084415268_thumb.jpeg

Just so you know, I don't go around town in my bikini top or exercise at the gym in just my bra top.

Amazing! I must have missed the details, would love to hear how much you lost & what you did.

I have been exercising for years but it wasn't until I did P90X and Insanity did I finally make real progress. No dieting either. I ate a little better but I didn't pay too much attention to my diet. If you care to, there is a Beachbody Fanatics social group that has some of my experience with these programs. So if you are bored you can dig through those posts. :001_smile:

Though I didn't have a lot to go like some ladies here are struggling with, it was just as hard or harder. My thyroid doesn't work and though I take medicine for it, my metabolism is not quite right. I think I had to exercise 3 times more than a normal person to get anywhere.

What no duck face!!?? :D :lol: hehe

Seriously, you look uh-mazing!! Love your hair too. You look like you've never even had kids! Congratulations! :hurray: :party:

It's a perm. If I leaned over, you would see my loose skin fall forward :D. But I was taking pictures for my Beachbody coach website and so no one, I am sure, would be motivated by loose skin and stretch marks (they are there).

Cute skirt. What brand is it? :)

www.skirtsports.com

They are expensive but they are having a sale and dh recently found a couple of retailers that have huge discounts.

I wear these skirts all the time: homeschooling, housework, mass (not the short skirts), training, exercising, grocery shopping, and everything else. I really don't own anything else. (1 pair of jeans, that's it)

12 years of marriage, 3 pregnancies with 40lbs gain each go..

One of the pics is a little blurry. We don't have a full length mirror and being so short, I had to stand on a chair. Hope you don't think my bathroom is too messy.

Okay, I will admit to sucking in and clenching...alot. My sphincter may never be the same.

Like!

It's a perm.

It's really cute. That's a good perm! It looks like you have naturally curly hair (man, even while typing that I could hear that little girl's voice from Charlie Brown in my head. :tongue_smilie: )

If I leaned over, you would see my loose skin fall forward :D. But I was taking pictures for my Beachbody coach website and so no one, I am sure, would be motivated by loose skin and stretch marks (they are there).

:lol::lol::lol: You look amazing just the same. I'm so proud of you. You go girl! :) :hurray:

I would love to hear more about how you find time to work out. That is my biggest struggle. Do you ever start the Shakeology?

I can but not this second. I am on my way to take my kids to bible study. We adhere to the Liturgy of the Hours (Catholic prayers) I stick to that (not 100%) and schedule everything else around that. I expand more on that idea later in the day. Um no, you don't have to be Catholic to get results.

Yes, I've been using Shakeology for a week.

CONGRATS!!! You look amazing. I'd love to hear more!

I've been running and feel really good. I finished my first marathon last weekend. I'm down to my goal weight, but I want to tone. My kids and I are starting Insanity next week!!! I can't wait! I want to look that good and I'd LOVE to feel good in a bathing suit again!!!

Finding the time....

It started off being difficult because my life was not scheduled. I love schedules but couldn't follow them worth a ... you know. But then I latched on to Liturgy of the Hours and the discipline of the ordered life.

I do Insanity everyday and train 3-4 days a week.

5 AM I take my thyroid medicine.

6 AM Kids get up

6:30 Prayers

7 - 8 AM Kids do chores, breakfast, clean up. If I am really good, I'll exercise in that time.

8-10 AM School. Kids work on their assignments. This is usually when I workout. I do get interrupted sometimes but it's not too bad.

10 AM Prayers

11 School (Math)

12 Lunch - Kids make their own and clean up. If I am feeling spunky, I'll cook.

1 Prayers

2-4 School (depending on the day history, catechism, science)

4 Prayers

After prayers in the afternoon, kids catch up on work that they didn't complete.

I head off to the gym, dh does dinner.

7 PM Night time routine - kids clean up, brush teeth, shower. DH is in charge of this part.

8 PM Prayers

I cut back on the number of subjects we do for a variety of reasons. I guess you could say less quantity, more quality.

CONGRATS!!! You look amazing. I'd love to hear more!

I've been running and feel really good. I finished my first marathon last weekend. I'm down to my goal weight, but I want to tone. My kids and I are starting Insanity next week!!! I can't wait! I want to look that good and I'd LOVE to feel good in a bathing suit again!!!

Go to WOWY.com and we can be workout buddies.

No!!! Meaning I got really fat each time and my body tired out from expanding and contracting. I am 4'11". 40lbs is a lot for me.

Ohhhh!! I think I've been watching too many extreme weight loss reality shows! :001_smile: You really look great. It is so motivating to see someone who has been successful at getting in shape. Thanks for sharing!

This is so inspirational! I'm in week 2/3 of P90X. Finding the time is the hardest part. My thyroid doesn't work, either (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,) and you're right about it messing up your metabolism even when you're on medication. I've been meaning to start Liturgy of the Hours after the whole discussion here last month. I bought the "Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary" because I didn't think I could jump into the longer one right away.

Lots to think about!

Finding the time....

It started off being difficult because my life was not scheduled. I love schedules but couldn't follow them worth a ... you know. But then I latched on to Liturgy of the Hours and the discipline of the ordered life.

I do Insanity everyday and train 3-4 days a week.

5 AM I take my thyroid medicine.

6 AM Kids get up

6:30 Prayers

7 - 8 AM Kids do chores, breakfast, clean up. If I am really good, I'll exercise in that time.

8-10 AM School. Kids work on their assignments. This is usually when I workout. I do get interrupted sometimes but it's not too bad.

10 AM Prayers

11 School (Math)

12 Lunch - Kids make their own and clean up. If I am feeling spunky, I'll cook.

1 Prayers

2-4 School (depending on the day history, catechism, science)

4 Prayers

After prayers in the afternoon, kids catch up on work that they didn't complete.

I head off to the gym, dh does dinner.

7 PM Night time routine - kids clean up, brush teeth, shower. DH is in charge of this part.

8 PM Prayers

I cut back on the number of subjects we do for a variety of reasons. I guess you could say less quantity, more quality.

This is awesome!

What time do you go to bed? How many hours of sleep do you need/get?

Are you hypothyroid?

This is so inspirational! I'm in week 2/3 of P90X. Finding the time is the hardest part. My thyroid doesn't work, either (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,) and you're right about it messing up your metabolism even when you're on medication. I've been meaning to start Liturgy of the Hours after the whole discussion here last month. I bought the "Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary" because I didn't think I could jump into the longer one right away.

Lots to think about!

Me, too. Then the same thing happened to my DS when he was 14. It is tough.

So, did you lose weight with P90X or was it toning for you?

Dawn

No!!! Meaning I got really fat each time and my body tired out from expanding and contracting. I am 4'11". 40lbs is a lot for me.
Edited by DawnM

This is awesome!

What time do you go to bed? How many hours of sleep do you need/get?

Are you hypothyroid?

I need a lot. I try to go to bed at around 9 but I sabotage myself with TV and Internet :tongue_smilie:.

Yes, I have hypothyroidism. I started off in the other direction but had to take the iodine treatment.

It's great to see a photo of you!!! Great job! You look Terrific!!

I'm on week 11 of phase 3 of P90X classic w/ doubles. I work out from 7-8am doing the classic routine and then I do CardioX in the afternoons/evening. We don't start school until 9:30am. I only have about 10lbs to lose but need toning and endurance. My weight hasn't changed, well actually I gained 1-2lbs, but my shape sure has. I actually have a curve in my waist again after having 3 kids, complete bedrest w/ all of them so no exercising and staying in shape while pregnant. It feels great to be able to crank out 100 pushups in an hour. :001_smile:

The biggest thing for me is that I've battled insomnia for over 2yrs and since starting P90X, I've only had insomnia two or three times. I used to have it every. single. night. My resting heart rate is lower as well. I feel fantastic!

It's great to see a photo of you!!! Great job! You look Terrific!!

I'm on week 11 of phase 3 of P90X classic w/ doubles. I work out from 7-8am doing the classic routine and then I do CardioX in the afternoons/evening. We don't start school until 9:30am. I only have about 10lbs to lose but need toning and endurance. My weight hasn't changed, well actually I gained 1-2lbs, but my shape sure has. I actually have a curve in my waist again after having 3 kids, complete bedrest w/ all of them so no exercising and staying in shape while pregnant. It feels great to be able to crank out 100 pushups in an hour. :001_smile:

The biggest thing for me is that I've battled insomnia for over 2yrs and since starting P90X, I've only had insomnia two or three times. I used to have it every. single. night. My resting heart rate is lower as well. I feel fantastic!

Buddy me through wowy.com!