Menu

do you iron?

We iron as needed only. We don't often wear clothing that needs ironing. DH's work has gone to office casual so he can wear polo shirts and khakis. They sometimes need ironing, but HE does his own! :001_smile:

I iron on Sundays sometimes before church.....:tongue_smilie:

I only iron when necessary, which isn't very often thanks to Downy Wrinkle Release spray! :):)

Dh irons his dress shirts on Sunday afternoons or when he needs something (ie. for church on Sunday). When we redid our budget, I had to cut somethings out. He, in turn, cut out his weekly professional laundering and pressing of his dress shirts for work.

I don't iron. If someone needs something ironed, they are welcome to do it themselves.

To be fair, I would never ask anyone to iron for me. My mom looooves to iron but even as a teen I wouldn't let her iron my stuff because I wasn't willing to do it myself. My sisters would just toss stuff at her to iron.

silly question, I know. I was reading the thread about least favorite chores earlier and it surprised me that ironing was on the list. I drag that thing out maybe a couple of times per year. Am I the only one?

It surprised me too! Iron? No way!

I will drag out the iron if I need it for a sewing project or if we have to attend something especially fancy. I can't imagine ironing regularly.

Here's a confession for you: if something gets left in the washer or dryer too long and gets really wrinkled, I put it back in the laundry. :lol:

Here's a confession for you: if something gets left in the washer or dryer too long and gets really wrinkled, I put it back in the laundry. :lol:

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO done that before!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Also, sometimes while I'm getting ready I'll spritz a wrinkle or few and then hit them with the blow dryer while I'm drying my own hair. :lol::lol:

I don't even feel bad about this. I just don't think ironing is necessary.

I bought some beautiful sheets that look AWFUL when they come out of the dryer. I would never in a million years iron sheets. No matter how wrinkled they are, once they've been slept on for a day or two they look MUCH better.:tongue_smilie: and if they don't, just make the bed as soon as you get up. Nobody will ever know!!!!!!:biggrinjester:

No.

No, I do not iron.

If it needs ironing, it pays a visit to the dry cleaner. Dh has a lot of shirts, and it's not at all unusual for him to drop off 30 or 40 shirts at a time to be laundered and pressed.

My dh knows how to iron, and I am relatively certain he even knows where we keep our iron, so he's one up on me, but he only irons under extreme duress.

Cat

Edited by Catwoman

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO done that before!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Also, sometimes while I'm getting ready I'll spritz a wrinkle or few and then hit them with the blow dryer while I'm drying my own hair. :lol::lol:

I don't even feel bad about this. I just don't think ironing is necessary.

I bought some beautiful sheets that look AWFUL when they come out of the dryer. I would never in a million years iron sheets. No matter how wrinkled they are, once they've been slept on for a day or two they look MUCH better.:tongue_smilie: and if they don't, just make the bed as soon as you get up. Nobody will ever know!!!!!!:biggrinjester:

:lol: I have sheets just like that! Beautiful, soft...and they look horrid and terribly wrinkled every time they're washed. And they go on the bed JUST LIKE THAT.

I enjoy ironing! I don't have to, but we normally do iron the (cloth)napkins. They are all cotton, and coming right out of the dryer they are not usually wrinkled, but they do fold much nicer when they are ironed. I've been known to iron the dishtowels while I've been at it.

And I'm training my dd10 - today she was doing the ironing for me (which she also enjoys). :001_smile:

And I have been known to iron one pair of sheets - the top, where the decorative hem is, tends to crease incorrectly. And once I iron the top of the sheet, the bottom looks wrinkled, so I have to do the whole sheet. Does anyone but dh and me see that? No, but I don't like getting into a messy bed, and it drove me crazy for a while before I decided to iron it.

Growing up my mom used to buy my dad more hankerchiefs rather than iron them. She'd end up with a mountain of hankerchiefs on top of the dryer. She was SOOOOOO happy when I asked to learn how to iron them.

Now, clothes, there isn't too much that gets ironed. Dh mentioned one time that he'd like me to consider ironing his shirts for work, but he wears a hooded pullover sweatshirt over top of it for most of the year, which means the shirt is wrinkled again as soon he's done getting dressed. I like ironing, but not when it's pointless. :tongue_smilie:

I agree with Helena - I do iron and I, too, find it relaxing. :) I iron weekly, oftimes more than once weekly. Not only is it relaxing, but it's a great time to hone in on prayer for the loved ones whose clothes you are pressing! It's also a great time to listen to teaching tapes, or music, or sometimes, I will even set up the ironing board in the family room and watch older reruns on television (like Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons) while I iron away. :)

what in the world do you iron every day? Can't you just spritz it and throw it in the dryer? :lol:

My husband's work clothes. He's tall and lanky (Think Lurch from the Adam's family) and I can't dry his work clothes in the dryer because they shrink (He only wears natural fabrics) so I take them out of the washer and line dry them and then iron them later. I usually only do them as he needs them because I hate ironing, but usually every day or so I am ironing something here or there. :glare:

Erm I think we have an iron, would have to check with DH or my Mom maybe since I haven't used it once in the last almost 9 years we've lived here, I think we might own one though.

The only time I end up with anything ironed is when my Mom does it for me, which is rare seeing as she lives in a different state and I don't buy stuff that needs to be ironed, because it would not be done.

If I can't shake it and go or throw it back in the dryer to get out the wrinkles it is not being worn, it is likely not being bought either, but if it was accidentally bought it is normally going in the charity pile for someone who likes to iron!

I

And I have been known to iron one pair of sheets - the top, where the decorative hem is, tends to crease incorrectly. And once I iron the top of the sheet, the bottom looks wrinkled, so I have to do the whole sheet. Does anyone but dh and me see that? No, but I don't like getting into a messy bed, and it drove me crazy for a while before I decided to iron it.

Woo Hoo!! I'm not alone!! :D

I used to iron, but really hated it! Recently, the only thing my iron has been used for has been perler bead projects for the kids!

On a somewhat funny note, my husband's idea of "ironing" when he's in too much of a hurry to put the article of clothing in the dryer with a wet towel is to use some of that "Downy Wrinkle Releaser" spray. Well, awhile back, he needed the iron in order to apply an iron-on badge to dd's AWANA vest. He asked our son to bring down the iron...and my son returned with the Downy Wrinkle Releaser! LOL!

I used to iron, but really hated it! Recently, the only thing my iron has been used for has been perler bead projects for the kids!

On a somewhat funny note, my husband's idea of "ironing" when he's in too much of a hurry to put the article of clothing in the dryer with a wet towel is to use some of that "Downy Wrinkle Releaser" spray. Well, awhile back, he needed the iron in order to apply an iron-on badge to dd's AWANA vest. He asked our son to bring down the iron...and my son returned with the Downy Wrinkle Releaser! LOL!

:lol::lol::lol: