Menu

J-eggings...

I wouldn't put myself in them. Nope. Not gonna do it. But I'm not a skinny mini either. :)

Now, for my 8 year old they are a wonderful solution! She has never liked to wear blue jeans, or pants in general unless they were "soft pants" (leggings). And it also solves the length issue we tend to have to deal with.

I have on leggings right now. I've looked at jeggings, but just can't go there. My leggings will not leave the house, except as thermal wear. I am wearing a thermal long sleeve shirt and a plaid flannel buttoned shirt over that. I am quite the fashion statement today. :lol::lol: It goes well with my dirty suede slip on shoes. What not to wear might be at the door soon. :D

I have on leggings right now. I've looked at jeggings, but just can't go there. My leggings will not leave the house, except as thermal wear. I am wearing a thermal long sleeve shirt and a plaid flannel buttoned shirt over that. I am quite the fashion statement today. :lol::lol: It goes well with my dirty suede slip on shoes. What not to wear might be at the door soon. :D

you and me both. But the public does not need to bear witness to my sagging and drooping. The only way I would wear leggings if was spanx came out with antigravity booty panties.

For me, the only thing leggings are good for is to wear under long skirts or pants in winter for extra warmth without bulk. I would never, ever wear "jeggings." And since they look like denim, they can't even be used to wear with a knee-length skirt, as many do with regular leggings.

OK. Well...

I'm not skinny, but I have lost a fair amount of weight.

I would not wear these with a midriff top, but with a longish skimmer.

I have OK legs, but pudgy midsection. However, these are the brand NYDJ, which rearranges me pretty effectively into something surprisingly presentable, and which have a high, non-gapping waist. They are very dark blue in color, so that also helps.

They actually look really good to me. I'm just afraid that I'm totally kidding myself, or sending out a wannabee signal that I don't intend.

They look nice on some people as long as the shirt is long enough. Personally, I've never done skin tight or spandex. That said, I am really curious about 'Pajama Jeans'. Those are the jeans that are like pj's that have been advertised on the TV. Those sound really cool!

An update:

I bought some slim jeans last night.

They are cute!

And they are neither skinny jeans nor jeaggings. They're just slim.

The brand is Not Your Daughter's Jeans, which I highly recommend. They have just enough stretch to hold, but not enough to be scratchy or create bulges.

I should add: The jeans are slim in style. They are not slim on me. That is because I am not slim. Alas.

OTOH, they fit well at a size 14W, which is down from an 18W being a great fit just 5-6 months ago! I'm very pleased about that!

I just saw my DD's friend wearing jeggings the other night. What cracked me up was that they had fake crease lines where they'd bend in front near the pelvis when you sit and behind the knee and fake rips on the thigh and knees. They looked rather odd because of that.

I wear jeans that aren't quite leggings and they are quite skinny jeans either. They have a substantial amount of spandex for stretch (making them comfy for an old lady) and the regular weight of denim so that the material isn't too thin. This serves the purposes of holding eveything in the right place (think really good girdle). They are made like regular jeans but are more comfortable because they have some give. They are form fitting but not too tight and not baggy like leggings can get. IMO, they are the best of both worlds for older ladies as they look like regular jeans but fit like old lady pants (very stretchy and comfortable) plus you can wear them with boots. The only other pants I have found that I like as much are a pair of knit loose fitting pants (Land's End, I think) that are very warm but presentable looking (ok for public).

Jeggings are adorable with a tunic length shirt and they look better than leggings because they are a thicker fabric and therefore hide imperfections better.

Also if you can find ponte leggings, they are thicker and more fogiving than basic leggings.

I am so fat that even straight leg pants are HUGE on the bottom. Boot cut looks ridiculous on me and the silhouette looks dated.

I do have have straight leg NYDJ that are actually tapered so they look straight on and oh they are lovely. NYDJ are my favorite jeans - they fit the torso without looking like grandma (mom, lol) jeans.

And what does the hive think of Jeaggings? (Jeans/leggings).

My dd16 wears them. I think they are hideous. I told her it looks like she spray-painted her jeans on. (Hey, if she asks, I tell her what I think! Miraculously, she continues to ask. ;) )

Tara

I'm just afraid that I'm totally kidding myself, or sending out a wannabee signal that I don't intend.

Without knowing you in person, I would say there's always a good chance that this could be the case.

I can't say I've seen anyone wearing jeans-leggings (hate the word "jeggings") that looked any adjective approaching: classy, sophisticated, stylish, elegant, age-appropriate. They're just too obvious.

Stacy and Clinton would not approve.

• 6 months later...

Well, I now have some JAG jeggings, and they are great--very dark blue, and skinny looking from mid-thigh down, plus presentable mid-thigh and up. I wear them with sandals and a loosish top, and a jacket with a fitted waist.

I also got inspired by the JAG success and bought a pair of their bell bottoms on sale. Liking those 'where were you in 72?' jeans! Except that I can't shorten them and still maintain the bell, so I must wear them with heels. I have never before been a jeans with heels kind of person, but I will say in my own defense that at least I have not descended to wearing SPIKEY heels with them as that would be nasty.

And what does the hive think of Jeaggings? (Jeans/leggings).

Believe it or not, I'm seriously considering a purchase. For me.

FOR THE LOVE . . . . DON'T GO THERE !!!!!

I think it's a good idea to drive by a middle school. If you see anything on the packs of girls there, you should never, ever wear it. I once neglected to do this and walked around for a week in crackle-finish nail polish. :ack2:

I have a couple of cute, casual knit dresses that I found at consignment/thrift stores. On a shorter woman, they would be knee length. On me, they are minis and I'm too old for a miniskirt. So, I frequently wear these dresses with jeggings tucked into boots. The jeggings work like really good Spanx and make my butt look perky. Overall, I think it looks good, and my dh wouldn't disagree. ;)

I realize some think they are kind of a "young girl's" fashion, but I think if you wear it right, it can look hip without looking like mutton dressed as lamb.

I have a couple of cute, casual knit dresses that I found at consignment/thrift stores. On a shorter woman, they would be knee length. On me, they are minis and I'm too old for a miniskirt. So, I frequently wear these dresses with jeggings tucked into boots. The jeggings work like really good Spanx and make my butt look perky. Overall, I think it looks good, and my dh wouldn't disagree. ;)

I realize some think they are kind of a "young girl's" fashion, but I think if you wear it right, it can look hip without looking like mutton dressed as lamb.

I think it's the fitted jacket that really makes the outfit. Hip/tummy disguise in place, doncha know.