Menu

Wow! Some guy just tried to kill my son! Unbelievable.

My 21 yo was at his friends apt getting read to go to work when some guy came knocking at the door asking for a girl. My son said that he was sorry but that she didn't live there, nor does he know her (she doesn't and he doesn't). The guy then said something like, "Bull%#@" and pulled a knife with a 3" blade out of his jacket and lunged for my son's stomach. Thank GOODNESS he has quick reflexes and he's strong as an ox! He grabbed the guys wrist twisted the knife out of his hand, threw it behind him, and then proceeded to shove the guy back-first down the stairwell. He said the guy fell backfwards rolling down 16 steps and then jumped to his feet and ran away. By the time my ds and his friend got down the stairs, they couldn't catch him (snow and ice on the road). Which, quite honestly, is a good thing because my ds was furious and probably would have beat him to death. ugh.

Anyhow, they called the police. The police took the knife, their statements, and said they'd keep an eye out. The guy is now wanted for attempted murder.

Unbelievable. An hour later and my ds is still on an adrenaline rush. Me and dh are very thankful we are not on our way to the hospital right now...or worse. :crying: :mad:

how scary! I hope they catch him so that your son and his gf can relax!!!

He was actually at his buddy's apt. Neither of them are even dating at the moment, so thankfully no girls were involved. It was just the two of them hanging out before work. DS thinks the guy had the wrong apt, or that perhaps he was looking for his cheating wife or girlfriend and thought my ds was the guy she's cheating with. Who knows. I told ds that it's possible he actually saved a life tonight because had the attacker gotten the right apt the person answering the door (a girl maybe??) may not have been as quick to respond to the attack.

My 21 yo was at his friends apt getting read to go to work when some guy came knocking at the door asking for a girl. My son said that he was sorry but that she didn't live there, nor does he know her (she doesn't and he doesn't). The guy then said something like, "Bull%#@" and pulled a knife with a 3" blade out of his jacket and lunged for my son's stomach. Thank GOODNESS he has quick reflexes and he's strong as an ox! He grabbed the guys wrist twisted the knife out of his hand, threw it behind him, and then proceeded to shove the guy back-first down the stairwell. He said the guy fell backfwards rolling down 16 steps and then jumped to his feet and ran away. By the time my ds and his friend got down the stairs, they couldn't catch him (snow and ice on the road). Which, quite honestly, is a good thing because my ds was furious and probably would have beat him to death. ugh.

Anyhow, they called the police. The police took the knife, their statements, and said they'd keep an eye out. The guy is now wanted for attempted murder.

Unbelievable. An hour later and my ds is still on an adrenaline rush. Me and dh are very thankful we are not on our way to the hospital right now...or worse. :crying: :mad:

:grouphug: I'm glad he's okay. On 12/23 one of my nieces and her dad got hit by a drunk driver. They are okay, but it was scary to think about how different our Christmas could have been.

Thanks everyone!!! After working the overnight shift he is now home this morning, safe and sound, in his own bed. I think I may have a few more gray hairs though. :D

I think that would have given me a head full of gray hairs! So glad he is okay.