Menu

Remember the pot-smoking thread?

I am so sorry to read about your loss. It is tragic when others do not see hope.:grouphug: I am not sure one could draw the cause and effect relationship between pot smoking and suicide, or even drug abuse. Drug abuse is huge and it is not always concerned with illegal drugs. The pharmaceuticals available can be equal or worse than smoking pot. As a culture we need to understand why our children, who become adults and ruin their lives and the lives of those who love them, turn to drugs and alcohol in the first place.

I am so sorry to read about your loss. It is tragic when others do not see hope.:grouphug: I am not sure one could draw the cause and effect relationship between pot smoking and suicide, or even drug abuse. Drug abuse is huge and it is not always concerned with illegal drugs. The pharmaceuticals available can be equal or worse than smoking pot. As a culture we need to understand why our children, who become adults and ruin their lives and the lives of those who love them, turn to drugs and alcohol in the first place.

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry :grouphug: I echo WildIris. Why do they turn to drugs and alcohol??

We have some family members who have addiction issues (legal and illegal drugs). It is so difficult.

:grouphug:

Actually, studies have proven conclusively that use of cannabis (especially in mentally ill populations) can lead to psychosis.

Although it is true that the body has cannabinoid receptors, each responds to a particular aspect of the substance (CB1, CB2, et al) to provide a medical effect (anti-emetic, hypotension, etc.), and it is those individual aspects that are being individually synthesized for medical use by pharma, not the entire substance.

I am incredibly sorry for the OPs loss; I have lost friends and family to drug abuse. It is a misnomer, however, to dismiss the cause and effect that may occur. It does not always occur, but it may.

asta

May your brother finally find the peace he spent 40 years searching for, and may his wife and daughter find their own peace as they grieve and heal.

I'm sorry for your family's loss, both your brother's passing and also the loss of not ever getting to know the best of him. Drugs always take the best of people, and leave behind a hollow shell of flesh and bones :(