Menu

One last one! I promise!!!!

No thoughts or suggestions, but you almost make me want to be pregnant again. I loved the time when we were trying to choose names. :)

I think she will be spelling her middle name everywhere but since it's a middle name, it may not matter so much.

No. Spelling words backwards to invent names does *not* work for me.

I still like Evangelina Frances or Evangelina Ruth or even Ruth Evangeline (which would give her the Biblical first name all your other kids have).

Edited by abbeyej

Nevaeh is way too trendy for my tastes. I cringe every time I hear someone gushing, "Isn't it cool--it's 'heaven' spelled backwards!" http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/18/us/18heaven.html?_r=1

I think Evangelina is really sweet, though.

Yep, Neveah is WAAAAAY overdone. When I picked up kids for child welfare I would just inwardly groan everytime I read that name. It was only cute the first time someone used it, kwim?

I'm a mother-baby nurse. Please don't name your baby girl Neveah. It's just not good. Way overdone. If it's not the baby that's named Neveah, it's their two year old sister. Stick with your trend of beautiful and different names.

I really like Evangeline Ruth. That's beautiful!!

I hate Nevaeh. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It ranks up there with the urban legend name of Formica Dinette, except that people are actually saddling their kids with this atrocity. At least Formica Dinette is an urban legend.

To name a child formica... :lol: It's an ant.

Perhaps I should apologize to the OP for my near-violent reaction to her dc's proposed name. In my defense, I've seen a number of little angels running barefoot on the hospital floors, covered in cheetos orange powder, with a messy head named Nevaeh. The image I conjure up in my head of Nevaeh is definitely not heavenly!

The salon where I get my hair is called Salon Neveah. And they pronounce it Ne-vey-ah. I would veto the name based on that. It's pretty, but around here it's associated with the hair salon. Just like I think Felicity and Amelia are pretty, but those are outer suburbs of our area, which are not always looked upon favorably.

I have no idea what rock I must've been hiding under, but this is the first I've heard of this "name" - to hear it's a trend has me gobsmacked.

Sorry - first I read Nivea (skin cream), and then I tried to think Biblical and came up with Nineveh.

Love Evangelina - I'm with others that Evangelina Ruth is much nicer.

Apparently, I live in a box, because I had no idea people named children "Nivaeh" or that it was "heaven" spelled backwards! :lol:

I don't hate it, but I like Ruth better. My grandmother's name was Ruth and it's my 2nd dd's middle name so I'm a bit partial. :) Ruth Evangeline is lovely.

My granmother was Ruth Jane - "beautiful friend." I thought it was lovely.

I am another one that doesn't like Nevaeh. To me it is like the child isn't good enough to be called Heavenly, almost insulting really. "Hey honey, you are the opposite of Heaven." I can hear kids teasing her now - if you aren't Heaven you must be Hell. It is also a very popular name in my area - I have at least 2 foster children with the same name and both had serious drug addicted mothers. Maybe that is why I don't like it - from my experience it seems like a name that would come out of a drug trip instead of one with Biblical strength.

I love Evangeline, or even Evangelina Ruth.

- I have at least 2 foster children with the same name and both had serious drug addicted mothers. Maybe that is why I don't like it - from my experience it seems like a name that would come out of a drug trip instead of one with Biblical strength..

Thanks! That was my point earlier. I was just trying to avoid telling OP that it was a common amongst the crackhead incubators in this area.

Well Nevaeh isn't the babys middle name. Well I told dh he laughed so hard and I knew it was a no. We love Evangelina so that is staying. I just can't find a middle name. I love Ruth but dh is like I guess I will live with it. So I don't know. I like the thaught of Nevaeh meaning heaven but the thaught of it backwards kinda does sound a crackhead.

Well, if you still like the idea of Heaven as a middle name, how about choosing Gloria or Glory or Celeste. Those all are translations and versions of translations that mean Heaven. There is an adorable girl I know named Glory Anne :)

Oh! I like Celeste!

I have no idea what rock I must've been hiding under, but this is the first I've heard of this "name" - to hear it's a trend has me gobsmacked.

I totally agree! I've NEVER heard this name, and I thought I'd heard a pretty good cross-section of trendy names. I work with urban populations in our big city. I've Ne-vay-uh heard this one, though! :lol:

astrid

I totally agree! I've NEVER heard this name, and I thought I'd heard a pretty good cross-section of trendy names. I work with urban populations in our big city. I've Ne-vay-uh heard this one, though! :lol:

According to Baby Name Voyager, it was the 31st most popular girls' name in 2007, 34th in 2008. (And that doesn't count Neveah, only Nevaeh.) I've come across a few, but don't know any Nevaehs personally. My impression is that there's an inverse relationship between the number of natural teeth the parents have and the likelihood of a baby being named Nevaeh, but perhaps that's regional. I'm sure there are a number of lovely Nevaehs from lovely families -- but it's a name I would avoid.

. I like the thaught of Nevaeh meaning heaven but the thaught of it backwards kinda does sound a crackhead.

What about Haven as a middle name? I have two friends (who also know one other) who've given this to their daughters as either a first name or middle name.

I think it's beautiful - Evangelina Haven sounds pretty to my ear... and the meaning of the name Haven is lovely as well.