Menu

Pampered Chef--What do you like from this company?

OK, I need to get several new things for my kitchen.

Things I need:

1. Cookware

2. Cookie sheets

3. Knives

4. Steak knives

Does anyone own any of these items from Pampered Chef? If yes, which ones and do you like the or not? Why?

Is there another company I should consider for my purchases?

I am tired of sawing when I use my knives! I just want a good set. I need new cookware, but I don't know if I want to go with the non-stick. I want nice cookie sheets that won't stain. You get the idea. :)

Things I need:

1. Cookware

2. Cookie sheets

3. Knives

4. Steak knives

Does anyone own any of these items from Pampered Chef? If yes, which ones and do you like the or not? Why?

I am tired of sawing when I use my knives! I just want a good set. I need new cookware, but I don't know if I want to go with the non-stick. I want nice cookie sheets that won't stain. You get the idea. :)

I love my pampered chef baking stones, and spatualas (heat resistant!) We also have their knives and I've liked them. I actually bought my cookwear at costco ($100 for basic set). In the 15 years of marriage, I'm on my 3rd set. I've always bought cheap sets and we really do cook 3 meals a day in them. My costco set is going on year 3 and looking/working great still! Anyone have an expensive set you've adding to through the years?

Their pizza stone is good, but I'm sorry I got the stone baking dish. It simply will not clean up properly even though I've followed the directions to the letter. To me, it looks too gross to use, even if it has been washed and washed.

The other thing I've liked is the rotary cheese grater. It's great for hard cheeses like parmesan.

For knives, I inherited a set of Wusthof knives and they are the best knives I could have ever dreamed of! Really, they are just marvelous and with a bit of proper care have made my kitchen life much, much easier.

Things I need:

1. Cookware

2. Cookie sheets

3. Knives

4. Steak knives

I love all of the stoneware. For cookie sheets, you'd want to get the large bar pans. The company says not to wash the stoneware in soapy water because it's porous, but I have been washing it with soapy water for 15 years and not once has any of our food tasted soapy.

Pampered Chef has stocked my kitchen well :)

favorite items:

family size skillet

garlic press

olive oil jar

stone baking pans/cookie sheets

measuring spoon (adjustable)

Even DH talks about the great quality of the product. We've use almost everything daily (ok, except pan/sheet) for 3-4 years.

I LOVE their stoneware. I wash it with soap too, but I don't soak or immerse it. I just wash and rinse immediately. For cookies, I would use either a bar pan or pizza stone. I absolutely LOVE the small bar pan that fits in my toaster oven!

the little knife they sell. It's cheap. paring knife? it's super sharp. love it.

the pitcher that has the handle that mixes it up. use it weekly.

the chopper. I got it but didn't think I would use it, but now I do every week.

I hosted a show last year and earned over $400 in stuff. I don't have anything I don't like. Some is expensive, but it has been well used and stood up to our cooking.

I have to chime in although many may boo me afterwards. I used to sell Pampered Chef and still have quite a few things. I have 2 stoneware bakers left but I'll probably sell those at my next yard sale. They are nice but they are so heavy and we're military so we move so much and they are a little to easy to break if not packed well. I have to say the best cookie sheets are the ones I have now. I used to love my stoneware until I got these. They are aluminum half sheet pans and they cost me about $10 a piece at walmart. I am a huge fan of "Good Eats" with Alton Brown and he is always recommending aluminum sheet pans for cookies, so I tried them and am so happy. I have 3 of them and they are the BEST. I also got rid of my PC knives as I like my Kitchenaid knife block knives better, even the ones with the sharpening case didn't stay sharp and I always use a cutting board. Those from PC that I have I like so that's a good thing.

As for cookware, I had the PC professional cookware about 4 years ago and when I moved I gave it to my brother who rents our house. Why? Because I found a set on QVC that was about $120 that is non-stick stainless and it can go in the dishwasher. I hate that I couldn't put my PC stuff in the dishwasher. I'm to busy to be scrubbing pots and pans at night. My mom has the Professional as well as do 2 of my SIL's but they all got them with the hostess discount when I was selling and they like it but I think it's incredibly overpriced as you can get great quality cookware elsewhere for much less. I would eventually like to get a stainless set without the non-stick as I'm starting to get worried about the chemicals in non-stick but that's just me. My non-stick is still in great shape after 4 years of daily use even with metal utensils (my QVC stuff is metal utensil safe)

Ok you can all "boo" now :tongue_smilie:

Things I need:

1. Cookware

2. Cookie sheets

3. Knives

4. Steak knives

I really love the baking stones, I have three of them. They are great for reheating pizza and french fries are so crisp! Baking cookies takes some getting used to, just FYI.

I also have a tool turnabout that I use for my homeschool supplies. I have it filled with crayons, pencils, rulers, colored pencils, scissors, etc. It's great for keeping things organized.

My last favorite thing is the rosemary spice. I use it for many different things, including the Rosemary Parmesan Pinwheels. Yummy!:001_smile:

I LOVE my stones! I have most of the stones that PC carries... I like many things about them, but one of my favorites is that things stay warm a long time when baked on a stone. I don't burn things (like cookies!) when I bake them in/on a stone.

I also like the chopper. The bamboo spoons/spatulas are used here daily as is the spoon rest. I don't have any of the cookware...I, too, would probably buy a set at Costco or Sam's if I ever had the $$ for cookware!

I'm sorry to say that I haven't liked anything, but I've never tried the knives or the stoneware. Mostly I've found the same stuff in the stores for less money.

I have the baking stone in constant use baking bread. It can also be used to bake anything without a sauce or marinade but you cannot use it under the broiler. Ask me how I know. :glare:

As far as knives are concerned, I would not go the Pampered Chef route but straight to Cutco.

We LOVE our Cutco knives. I don't think I'd buy knives from Pampered Chef. I don't have any real reason... other than for knives I believe it's best to go to an actual knife company.

I LOVE the baking stones and The Chopper from Pampered Chef.

(edit: It's funny because I wrote this without reading any other responses!)

We LOVE our Cutco knives. I don't think I'd buy knives from Pampered Chef. I don't have any real reason... other than for knives I believe it's best to go to an actual knife company.

I LOVE the baking stones and The Chopper from Pampered Chef.

(edit: It's funny because I wrote this without reading any other responses!)

We love our Cutco knives too!!!! I also love my chopper from PC and my pizza stone.

I haven't used PC baking stones, but I LOVE Demarle Perforated Baking Sheet with a silpat. Great for making cookies, french fries, anything you would use a cookie sheet for. I LOVE their Flexipan molds/trays too. I want more!!!

I have:

Fluted Loaf Mold (great for cutting a loaf of banana bread PERFECTLY)

Muffin Tray (great for making making mini meat loaves)

Daisy Tray

Flower mold

Bundt Mold

You don't have to grease anything and can also use less oil in a recipe than than it calls for. Everything you bake just POPs out of the molds/trays and clean up is a breeze! And they come with a life time warranty.

You do need the Perforated Baking Sheet to use all the products.

I would highly recommend anyone to attend a party or even order something to "see" what it is like. I am sure you won't be sorry. :)

As far PC goes, I like their shifter. :) I have purchased their egg slicer and the wires broke on it in no time. I don't think I have any other products from them.

I love all the little gadgets:

avocado peeler

bamboo tongs (I have 2 or 3 of these, LOVE them)

cheese knife

citrus peeler

garlic press

the spreaders

mini serving spatula

I love the prep bowls and use them every day

their new trifle bown is fantastic! It has a lid so you can seal it and the bottom is a separate piece so it will fit in the fridge.

BBQ tools

corn cob knobs (you can put them in the corn before boiling it!)

I use my round pizza stone almost daily

the scoops

cooling rack

that's all I can think of at the moment. I do love a lot of their stuff, some of which I've owned for years and years, it's held up extremely well.

I love love love the pitchers! I have two gallon size pitchers and I use one daily.

I also have this new BBQ sauce brush gadget thingy that you put the sauce in teh handle and you can squeeze it and brush it on with the brush. So far we have used it once and really like it.

As for knives I love my cutco knives and wouldn't trade them.

My actual baking stone is not Pampered Chef. It is actually a give-a-way from a kiln furniture company. I use it for everything.

As for PC stuff, I have several pieces of their stoneware that I use all the time. I don't mind the seasoned look. However, if you do mind that look, you can always run it through the cleaning cycle on your oven. It cleans right up.

I also have and use the chopper, the ice cream scoop, the pizza cuts, and this thing that you use to hold things while you slice them.

I haven't ordered from them in ages, so I don't know if they still have these. I used to buy a few of their $1 seasonal cookbooks to use as birthday cards. They cost a little more to mail, but are really not more expensive than a card.

Probably more than you want to know about my PC habit...

I don't actually own them, but a friend bakes really cute bread for parties with them. She told me they are super easy - just spray with Pam, put in some Pillsbury bread dough, pop on one end, and bake standing up. They come out beautifully, a very fancy addition to party sandwiches. She broiled some chicken salad with shredded cheese on them, and they were delicious and impressive!

For good knives, there are several companies that are good. We have a set of Cutco. They are great! A friend of mine uses either Henkels (sp?) or Wursthof (sp?). I think any of these would be nice to use.

Cutco has lifetime warranty and lifetime free sharpening. We've had ours for 16 years. Great knives.

For other things, I really like a couple of spatulas from Pampered Chef. Others I have owned (and granted, they were cheap), the heads would fall off and discolor easily. Not with the PC one.

In addition to the items most-mentioned already, I love the vegetable peeler (I have 2) and the pastry blender. Someone mentioned that these things are cheaper in the stores, and they are, but the ones in the stores just do not hold up!!

I was buying new veggies peelers every year. I bought one from PC, bought a second a year or so later (dd's like to help me cook -- for 8 people), and both are still going strong. :)

Things I need:

1. Cookware

2. Cookie sheets

3. Knives

4. Steak knives

I love all my Pampered Chef stuff. I have quite a bit, since, at one time, I sold it too! Paid for home schooling.

Anyway, I love the stoneware. It does get a good patina to it, and that's when it's at it's best. It starts to look used, but, I guess I like that. I like the rutic look of it.

I don't really like the cookware. If I had my choice and the money, I would order Rachael Ray's cookware. But, that's just me.

I love the knives. The little $1 paring knives to the bigger knives in their own sharpeners. They work great and I've had success in keeping them sharp.

I'm a PC consultant and I have one of the forged knives and then two of the knives with the self-sharpening cases and I can tell you, I LOVE the forged steel knife. I also have a set of the Rachael Ray knives (the orange ones in the case) and I love those two. Not a huge fan of the PC knives in the self sharpening cases, but they're not bad.

As for PC's cookware, I prefer the stainless, not-non-stick kind, so I was delighted when they came out with a set. I've not had a chance to use it, but I'm not overly picky about my cookware, as long as it's NOT non-stick and as long as it's good quality.

Other PC items I like:

garlic press

veggie peeler

microplane grater (great for zesting citrus)

chopper

baking stones. LOVE THESE!

trifle bowl (very versitile; has a seal and the foot can be removed for easy storage)

scrapers

the prep bowls with lids

batter bowls

spoon rest

scoops (great for cookies, mini muffins, meat balls)

kitchen shears

bakers roller

cooling rack

These are my favorites.

I use it alot. I especially love the plastic scraper that comes with the stonewear. I use it for oh so many more things than just cleaning my stonewear. I also have the batter bowl, oil mister sprayer thing (don't know the technical term :D), and the one of their scoops. I know those weren't on your list, but I do like their products.

I do, however, agree with the other poster who said that you can usually find the same stuff cheaper. I think alot of their stuff is overpriced. Pampered Chef is, however, the only home party I will go to, because it is actually stuff I will use.

Kim

Don't they sell it anymore? It crimps a regular sandwich into a circular 'pie'. It can be construed as a bit wasteful, but it does keep those oozy fillings in the sandwich on field trips, and it makes the sandwich look like dessert even if it's not--inciting admiring envy among young peers.

I also have a chopper that is similar to the PC one, and it's very useful.

I like their cookbook that has low fat, quick recipes very much.

After a lot of research, and after having tried several brands, I have settled on All Clad Master Chef for our cooking pots. This line has both heavy sides and a heavy bottom for very even cooking. The handles are metal, so the pans can be put right into the oven. They stay cool on top of the stove, though. The surface is so smooth that it's almost non-stick, but with no Teflon layers to worry about. This is a pricey company, but the MC line is the least expensive. We have had it for about 15 years, and will probably pass it to our DD in our will--it's holding up that well. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I have a PC baking stone that I love--it looks well used too! I know I have several other PC gadgets (way too many friends having 'parties' in my last neighborhood)--but I don't really use them. DH loves the ice cream scoop.

I aboslutely LOVE my Cutco knives--and steak knives. NO problems cutting anything. We have 2 of the kitchen shears--they get used everyday!

I've had my stainless cookware for nearly 20 years. It still looks--and works great! (My Dad has had the SAME set since I was 4 years old--and well, that means that it is nearly 38 years old and looking/working great!). We have the old Amway Queen cookware--easily found on ebay.

Love their stuff, have a ton... just can't stand the recipes. :tongue_smilie:

Top picks

Stones,

Garlic Press

Chopper

Measuring tools

Baking pans and tubes (gave then away when we went GF)

I had a number of friends who sold PC and I just had to buy something each time I went to those parties. :willy_nilly:

:iagree: My three girls and I love our sandwich crimper, too. Seems to make ordinary lunch sandwiches more fun! Not to mention their tea parties.....

I really like the mini-spatula, too. I used to have their pizza stone, but sold it at a garage sale a few years ago:tongue_smilie:

Jerriann

Don't they sell it anymore? It crimps a regular sandwich into a circular 'pie'. It can be construed as a bit wasteful, but it does keep those oozy fillings in the sandwich on field trips, and it makes the sandwich look like dessert even if it's not--inciting admiring envy among young peers.

I also have a chopper that is similar to the PC one, and it's very useful.

I like their cookbook that has low fat, quick recipes very much.

After a lot of research, and after having tried several brands, I have settled on All Clad Master Chef for our cooking pots. This line has both heavy sides and a heavy bottom for very even cooking. The handles are metal, so the pans can be put right into the oven. They stay cool on top of the stove, though. The surface is so smooth that it's almost non-stick, but with no Teflon layers to worry about. This is a pricey company, but the MC line is the least expensive. We have had it for about 15 years, and will probably pass it to our DD in our will--it's holding up that well. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Yes, we still sell the crimper. :)